Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins Keldor and Kronis 2-Pack Target Exclusive

Has anyone found these on the east coast yet?
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    Target has the exclusive...so they get ALL the product. How much and how often is Mattel...
    That is not how this works, not just with toys but with anything. If I order 5000 of something, I am only going to get 5,000. A manufacturer cannot force me to accept more of a product than I am willing to order.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Has anyone found these on the east coast yet?
    I live in NC and the Target that I work right next to says on their website that they are in stock. It did not say that yesterday. So on my break I swung over there and of course...nothing. There was a guy stocking in the toy department so I asked him and showed it to him on my phone. He then asked if I had just called the store about it as he had just spoken to someone on the phone, and I told him no and that I worked next door and was just checking while I was on my break. He then said...oh yeah, it says we have them. So I asked him if he was looking for them and he was like...yeah. Then he just continued to open boxes on a cart right there in front of me. No sense of urgency or helpfulness whatsoever. He then disappeared, like he was purposefully hiding, and I finally had to go back to work empty handed. I will run back in there around 2:30 when I get off, but Im not expecting anything. Thats why I really dislike Target and rarely go there...the associates are never friendly and seem to pretend to not know anything. I work at Kohl's and that type of sorry customer service is not tolerated.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Spun by the Ben White Target in Austin and was surprised to see the MOTU stuff pretty wiped out... no 2-packs (or mini-figures) and all of Wave 4 figures were finally bought. All that remained were three sad Battle Cats, and down to 2 each of He-Man and Skeletor (kind of impressive, since they had a bunch about a week or so ago).
    I'm not seeing it available at Targets in Austin anymore on their website, hopefully they get more in stock down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I live in NC and the Target that I work right next to says on their website that they are in stock. It did not say that yesterday. So on my break I swung over there and of course...nothing. There was a guy stocking in the toy department so I asked him and showed it to him on my phone. He then asked if I had just called the store about it as he had just spoken to someone on the phone, and I told him no and that I worked next door and was just checking while I was on my break. He then said...oh yeah, it says we have them. So I asked him if he was looking for them and he was like...yeah. Then he just continued to open boxes on a cart right there in front of me. No sense of urgency or helpfulness whatsoever. He then disappeared, like he was purposefully hiding, and I finally had to go back to work empty handed. I will run back in there around 2:30 when I get off, but Im not expecting anything. Thats why I really dislike Target and rarely go there...the associates are never friendly and seem to pretend to not know anything. I work at Kohl's and that type of sorry customer service is not tolerated.
    I rarely see anyone packing out when I visit target so I canít really ask them to check in the back. I hope you find them. But yea customer service isnít how it used to be. Itís like that everywhere and seems like itís the new normal.
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    I'm not seeing it available at Targets in Austin anymore on their website, hopefully they get more in stock down the road.
    I'll keep you posted if I find anything!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Odd, for me Target "team members" are almost always helpful and surer friendly.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 5/8/2021

It's been a doozy of a day folks - but treasure was had this fine day.
    East Coaster here - state of Virginia.

Offering this long ramble of a post with hope that it helps someone here.
    Last night after hours noted a target about a half hour from me had these in stock, but unavailable for pickup. Got to store as it opened (7am) and of course... no Keldor to be found.

This was the case across 3 stores within hour parameter- I decided I needed to up my game and politely started asking staff, sharing my plight (that I had now traveled hour+ for this single silly thing), that the app shared it's in stock in there store and is why I'm here specifically.
    Results below where interesting: I was very polite each round, but in my case the ladies were 100% more helpful in store #3 compared to older or younger duders.

Older dude in store #1 checked, sort of checked behind electronics counter once we both saw in his lookup there was 2 in store, 0 in back 0 on aisle - meaning it's in a box still from the truck delivery and he was having none of that.

The young dude in store #2 kept faux checking his hand scanner but would not run the DCPI (I showed and provided that multiple rounds) and stated he was a collector himself in idle chat before this item was specified- that went no where. Your suspicions of some of the employee collectors or younger staff hip to ebay and mercari from the toy aisle likely validated.

Store #3, approached a younger gal and tried my best to be very polite and somewhat hopeful for help - she actually checked the system properly and then escalated to the stock manager who was a lil offputting at first but I told her how much the effort is appreciated, above and beyond and all that. She told me to hangout in electronics cause it may be a long bit - she found me in less than 5 and presented awesome box set!! I did a very goofy hand pump and jump, losing any built charm and respect I may have stumbled on in the beginning plight.

Lessons learned:
    • Official release date is the 25th of april; Unlike marvel legends - this item is not street date locked and you can self checkout without hassle or the staff taking it from you until that date (happened to me yesterday on a different figure find).
    • There is only 2 per store on this first round (and maybe only based on abysmal distribution standards Mattel has provded to wave 2, deluxe sets and wave 3 to a slightly lesser degree)
    • Target staff have both collectors and scalpers - recent vids of neca tmnt surfacing of staff taking things right from neca vendor and stowing em - its just a reality unfortunately.
    • If you can be very polite, communicate clearly and have your data ready - with luck someone may actually take more than a minute to help, be polite in all cases everytime as the rule and it may land for ya.

After that victory early AM - at lunch break store across the street stated not only in stock, but listed an aisle number!!!!
    Checked in person:

Last edited by ToxicShlock; April 22, 2021 at 04:16pm.

Only two per store and you have to hope that other collectors, scalpers, and employees themselves haven't already grabbed them up before you get there. This is way too much hassle.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

ToxicShlock This is awesome! Gives us some hope maybe. Targets are just few and far between in my neck of the woods. I have one within 15 minutes but it's 45 mins or so beyond to find another. Wal-Marts, unfortunately, abound (yet not a flocked Panthor to be found).

For those watching eBay, Mercari seems a much better option for Origins figs. Lots of listings, still high, but if you "like" them, within minutes it seems as if you get a good offer. The Keldor/Kronis sets have had multiples sell in the $75-95 range with shipping included (still highway robbery but I'll go there if I have to).

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Only two per store and you have to hope that other collectors, scalpers, and employees themselves haven't already grabbed them up before you get there. This is way too much hassle.
    It is too much hassle. My target had 3 - I saw them as me and 2 other collectors each got 1.

Is there a standard, since I'm new to collecting in store items, do people here generally buy up extras to sell to others here without a markup? I thought about buying RamMan and Clamp Champ to sell to others here because I hate scalpers so much, but I just left them on the peg. Then the next day the guy I met when I got my keldor set said he was looking for clamp Champ at the target I passed it up at and it was gone and he had missed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gog View Post
    ToxicShlock This is awesome! Gives us some hope maybe. Targets are just few and far between in my neck of the woods. I have one within 15 minutes but it's 45 mins or so beyond to find another. Wal-Marts, unfortunately, abound (yet not a flocked Panthor to be found).
    Thanks! I hope some of the data is helpful in the hunt. I hear you regarding Targets, I am in an odd spot where the nearest target in either direction is 30 mins away, though in one of those directions there is a cluster of like 4 within a manageable radius 15 mins apart from each. When I need to cover the most ground, this is the way I go for sure.

However, (of course) this pic of the actually displayed in stock item was the one in that exact opposite direction, the one on it's own retail island later in the day!

Went back to Target when I left work and of course nothing as I had expected. I guess the stock guy was still hiding from me lol.

Bang Your Head
    I'd rather deal with this, than Battle Cats with sliced sides, because of the idiot employee digging their box cutter into the box and damaging the side of package (I have yet to find one NM Battle Cat or Panthor box without a sliced side)...

Quote Originally Posted by theotherguy View Post
    Landed in Tennessee. I froze outside for 20 minutes waiting to get in and then found a very nice employee he went in the bag for about 10 minutes he said there were two in stock but he came out with only one which is fine thatís all I wanted but I did consider getting one for someone on the forum nearby. Or if my son wanted to have one to open but nonetheless he only brought one out and said thereís so much other stock back there that is all he could find.hmmmmmmm

I am immensely grateful to have scored this after missing out on scare glow, clamp champ, trapjaw, flocked panthor, and so many others plus I have no idea if it will ever arrive from big bad toy store so this is a huge win and it looks amazing!
    Yup. They have hit the Nashville area.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like Mattel is going to have a lot to account for at their panel at Power Con this year. I imagine it will be a lot of platitudes like "we get it," "we are aware of the situation," "we hear you," but nothing will actually change.
    You can pretty much bet in it and create a bingo card on that lol.
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior
    EDIT: if I find more than I have requests for, I will post them in the marketplace. I have been informed that it could be an issue and I do not want an infraction for “selling” things here in the forums. I’m still going to Make lots of calls and cross the miles if I can.

Ok, I’ve got a list started. I have to go work in Pasadena tomorrow and I’m hoping for a few stores that haven’t received it yet to get them in. I will do my best fighting the Frank & Sons flippers

On another note, this creep is trying to con people on eBay into buying the packing paper from the Rise of Evil case he probably purchased out the back door of target:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Glasstor; April 22, 2021 at 10:34pm.

It should be legal to skin those people.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    It should be legal to skin those people.
    It burns my soul

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    EDIT: if I find more than I have requests for, I will post them in the marketplace. I have been informed that it could be an issue and I do not want an infraction for ďsellingĒ things here in the forums. Iím still going to Make lots of calls and cross the miles if I can.

Ok, Iíve got a list started. I have to go work in Pasadena tomorrow and Iím hoping for a few stores that havenít received it yet to get them in. I will do my best fighting the Frank & Sons flippers

Very noble thing you are doing for the community. Thank you for your assistance!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    Very noble thing you are doing for the community. Thank you for your assistance!
    Thanks. So many have helped me find things over the, um...decades that I hope I can help at least 1 or 2 people. There are a lot of targets in driving distance. Címon Mattel! Make more and get them to stores!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Thanks. So many have helped me find things over the, um...decades that I hope I can help at least 1 or 2 people. There are a lot of targets in driving distance. Címon Mattel! Make more and get them to stores!!!
    You are not kidding. If not for BBTS I would have He-Man and Skeletor....and that's it. I had mentioned here in the past that I work M-F 10AM-7PM. The only time that I have in between taking care of two kids is maybe after work or on weekends. I suspect a lot of these scalpers are waiting outside in the morning or trolling around Targets mid-afternoon. Wish I could do that. I have to work

Heroic Warrior
    Idk if this means anything, but I think we might be seeing a single carded Keldor or something at some point. I found this from a Hong Kong seller, and more often than not, stuff like these are factory leaks. Idk, these may also be test shots, prototypes, or bootlegs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25495280647...EAAOSwwUhgT0Rt

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Hey gang! As Glasstor stated above, let's keep the discussion about the 2 pack here and the selling and assisting in the Marketplace forums. Thanks!
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

((Raises Hand))

New-ish guy, here. I don't have access to the Marketplace, so would it be "offsides" to ask Glasstor to PM me if he can indeed hook a brother up?

Just asking. Good luck to all in the continued search!

((ducks out))
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    Hey gang! As Glasstor stated above, let's keep the discussion about the 2 pack here and the selling and assisting in the Marketplace forums. Thanks!
    I know this is going to sound newbie-stupid but I have tried several times to find the Marketplace Forum and cannot locate - can anyone provide the actual link? Thank you!