Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins Keldor and Kronis 2-Pack Target Exclusive

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by beast brain View Post
    Seems like Target has removed the tags for these. Do I understand correctly that Mattel had a certain number manufactured, shipped em all and there won't be any more?
    Over the past two years or so they have rereleased a few store exclusives (red hulk, carbonized mando and a few others) so itís not out of the question. We might have to wait 6 months to a year. Then again it could be a one and done thing. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Nah, I think the green is because it was like that on concept art and prototypes as well as drawing attention to the bat to emphasize the fact that he's with the Horde.
    Really? I don't remember ever seeing Skeletor concept art where his collar had green on it, but I may have missed thst...

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Really? I don't remember ever seeing Skeletor concept art where his collar had green on it, but I may have missed thst...
    Itís from the Mark Taylor drawing ...
    EB591A50-A3A0-42BE-96D7-2CACDDBE5DB8.jpeg

Oooooooooohhhh!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    According to Mattel in the video posted here https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3926937, Target will continue to order these (and Mattel will continue to produce) as long as there is demand. Not saying that will actually happen, but that's the impression that Mattel has gotten from Target.
    Thanks mang!

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone know if Keldor and Kronis could be sold individually at normal retail at a later date? Technically itís the 2 pack that exclusive right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Someone on Instagram said the Keldor head uses the MOTUC sculpt. Can anyone with both confirm or deny that.

I can't remember, did the Horsemen actually end up doing sculpts for this line? I remember they said they weren't part of the initial stuff but we're going to work on it in the future. So idk, maybe it's just that the 4HM did this sculpt too.
    Pixel Dan brought this up in his video review. he does not confirm that they are the same, but it sounds like he is convinced. Classics head can't fit onto Origins body because of the cavity. Would remaking a new mold with a larger cavity be worth it, or even just making a new head sculpt? I'm not entirely convinced without physically looking at the two side by side (I only have the Origins figure in front of me). I see a lot of similarities, but the mustache is the red flag for me. Classics Keldor has a more stylized mustache (almost like bat wings), Origins has a pretty basic clean stroke 'stache.

Maybe they scanned/retooled Classics Keldor head and tweaked it just a bit

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Does anyone know if Keldor and Kronis could be sold individually at normal retail at a later date? Technically it’s the 2 pack that exclusive right?
    Anything is possible, but if they did, there would most likely be changes done to them to separate the single release from the two-pack...

Finally got a set. Keldor is great! Very nicely done. My only criticism would be his feet are a little too big.

Kronis is kind of a dud. The head sculpt leaves something to be desired, and he has no accessories.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Kronis is kind of a dud. The head sculpt leaves something to be desired, and he has no accessories.
    Kronis comes with a gun. I agree about the head sculpt.

Kronis comes with a gun. I agree about the head sculpt.
    Dang, I guess I got shorted! Mine had no gun.

Edit: never mind, found it under the couch!

According to Mattel in the video posted here https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3926937, Target will continue to order these (and Mattel will continue to produce) as long as there is demand. Not saying that will actually happen, but that's the impression that Mattel has gotten from Target.
    Hasbro said the same thing about the Cobra Island figures and Joe fans know how that worked out.

Court Magician
    I actually complained on Target's web survey about how I was treated after asking for help with this 2 pack, and today I received a call from Target! A manager from my local store apologized, confirmed that there are several scalpers coming through the store, told me that motu was stocked by a vendor, and promised that he would help save me one next time they came into stock! Couple of things; motu is stocked by a vendor? That seems wrong. Makes me feel like he maybe was making that up to shrug off responsibility? He'll save me one? That would be great! But I'm not holding my breath. Definitely better customer service from this manager, so that's nice.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Jake DX View Post
    I actually complained on Target's web survey about how I was treated after asking for help with this 2 pack, and today I received a call from Target! A manager from my local store apologized, confirmed that there are several scalpers coming through the store, told me that motu was stocked by a vendor, and promised that he would help save me one next time they came into stock! Couple of things; motu is stocked by a vendor? That seems wrong. Makes me feel like he maybe was making that up to shrug off responsibility? He'll save me one? That would be great! But I'm not holding my breath. Definitely better customer service from this manager, so that's nice.

I didnít know there are Targets in the North Pole. Theyíre going to put Santa out of business.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    I didnít know there are Targets in the North Pole. Theyíre going to put Santa out of business.
    Lol. Santa is probably a motu collector, and he's hoarding all of these for his personal collection.

Heroic Warrior
    With stores exclusives, how are these handled in other countries where that store doesnít exist?

Are they under general release or released at all?

Iím just trying to work out how Iím going to get one of these in Australia, hopefully without paying the crazy eBay prices plus $40 shipping plus 10% GSTÖ.

With stores exclusives, how are these handled in other countries where that store doesnít exist?

Are they under general release or released at all?

Iím just trying to work out how Iím going to get one of these in Australia, hopefully without paying the crazy eBay prices plus $40 shipping plus 10% GSTÖ.

That's up to what ever part of Mattel handles business in Australia and if any Australian retailers want the exclusive.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/19/2021

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Hasbro said the same thing about the Cobra Island figures and Joe fans know how that worked out.

That Cobra Island wave early in the line was one of the main reasons why I decided against collecting the Classified line. But now here's the same problem in MOTU. ; ;

Another reason Iím proud to be an American.

Heroic Warrior
    Ha ha,
    Iím happy for you but as someone who has lived in the USA, UK and Australia, Iíll take the Australian tax on importing stuff anyday

Heroic Warrior
    With your shipping rates, no thanks!!! You can keep that in America!

It really goes both ways. I see some really cool stuff come out in the UK and elsewhere in the world and it is not cost effective for me to obtain that stuff living here in the USA. Hey, at least the 2-pack does not seem to be an exclusive in parts of the UK....since I have seen it on pre-order on some German websites.

Ha ha,
    Iím happy for you but as someone who has lived in the USA, UK and Australia, Iíll take the Australian tax on importing stuff anyday

Thatís really interesting. I didnít know the U.S.ís import duties were higher than the countries you listed.

Heroic Warrior
    I think you misunderstood. I was referring to what we call the ďAustralia TaxĒ as everything is a little more expensive here. Higher wages so higher cost of business leads to higher cost of goods. Plus shipping fees to get stuff to the middle of nowhere.

Iíd still rather pay more for stuff and enjoy the better QoL living in Australia than live somewhere else and get stuff a bit cheaper.

Our GST is 10%, I think the US sales tax is between what 5 and 12% depending on which state you live in and UK VAT is 15% but your wages are generally lower.

So while our tax rate may be lower we end up paying more if that all makes sense.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    I think the US sales tax is between what 5 and 12% depending on which state you live in
    U.S. Sales taxes can rates range from 0% (3 states plus a 4th for everything except restaurants and a 5th state in some localities) to a possible 13.5% 1 state (currently I don't believe any locality in in that state charges more than 11.5%). I believe the highest current sales tax rate is 12.625% in Atlantic City, New Jersey.

U.S. Sales taxes can rates range from 0% (3 states plus a 4th for everything except restaurants and a 5th state in some localities) to a possible 13.5% 1 state (currently I don't believe any locality in in that state charges more than 11.5%). I believe the highest current sales tax rate is 12.625% in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
    The tax rate in Atlantic City consists of 6.625% New Jersey state sales tax. There is no applicable county tax, city tax or special tax.
    You are referring to the Luxury Tax of 12.625% which only applies to hospitality sales, ie. restaurants and hotel rooms etc, not general merchandise purchases.

Some of the highest combined state and local sales taxes:

Chicago, Illinois and Long Beach, California: 10.25 percent.
    Birmingham and Montgomery, Alabama and Baton Rouge and New Orleans, Louisiana: 10 percent.
    Seattle and Tacoma, Washington: 9.6 percent.
    Last edited by jzguitars; May 21, 2021 at 10:10am.