Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins Keldor and Kronis 2-Pack Target Exclusive

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    It just went live for sale seconds ago and already SOLD OUT! I tried to add to cart, but the page just kept loading and loading. The drop down menu allowed customers (bots and scalpers) to purchase 10 at a time. Here we are. Thanks Target.
    Really? I never got notified of it being in stock, and the page doesnít look any different.

Widget
    They haven't went up for sale yet. It just looks like its available to ship when you open a page (on any item that isn't available) and the when the page finishes loading its gone. My notification is still set to on like it was the day the listing went up.

Quote Originally Posted by jabus View Post
    They haven't went up for sale yet. It just looks like its available to ship when you open a page (on any item that isn't available) and the when the page finishes loading its gone. My notification is still set to on like it was the day the listing went up.
    Okay, whew! I pretty much keep the page loaded on my desktop screen and happened to walk by, refresh and see the "ship it" icon in red. It was a "holy cow!" moment for sure. I don't see any on Ebay yet either, so I'm sure you're right. It is worrisome that the drop down menu allowed for 10 to be added to the cart though. I hope they limit this.
    Last edited by Ka Rot-Top; April 8, 2021 at 11:59am.

Widget
    Okay, whew! I pretty much keep the page loaded on my desktop screen and happened to walk by, refresh and see the "ship it" icon in red. It was a "holy cow!" moment for sure. I don't see any on Ebay yet either, so I'm sure you're right. It is worrisome that the drop down menu allowed for 10 to be added to the cart though. I hope they limit this.
    One would hope. But I don't think they treat Masters figures like they do other collector figures (with the limit of 1 per order). Hence why I think Wave 4 came and went so quick on their site the other morning.

It did this to me multiple times when it first got loaded. Just a glitch when the pages is trying to load.
    Instagram: dadhausen

Woke up this morning and had 9 emails from target. All 9 dc mcfarlane got canceled .

Hope we are lucky enough to see this on the shelf. Because most won't be getting this from their site.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Woke up this morning and had 9 emails from target. All 9 dc mcfarlane got canceled .

Hope we are lucky enough to see this on the shelf. Because most won't be getting this from their site.
    Target is the worst with preorders. This is why I make multiple orders of each figure. Usually I get at least one set of figures I order. Easy to take them back when I get them in the mail.

I wish these toy companies would STOP with the exclusives...so sick of the two options...NEVER find it in store, or pay double on ebay. Makes me wanna quit collecting sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    i wish these toy companies would stop with the exclusives...so sick of the two options...never find it in store, or pay double on ebay. Makes me wanna quit collecting sometimes
    exactly this.

Heroic Warrior
    I've gone from incredibly enthusiastic about this line, to almost washing my hands of it entirely over the past six months. The regular waves seem to be more difficult to get than they should be, and store exclusives... Don't get me started. If all I end up with out of Origins is the Power Con Exclusives, I'll consider myself very blessed. You've saved me a lot of money, Mattel.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    I've gone from incredibly enthusiastic about this line, to almost washing my hands of it entirely over the past six months. The regular waves seem to be more difficult to get than they should be, and store exclusives... Don't get me started. If all I end up with out of Origins is the Power Con Exclusives, I'll consider myself very blessed. You've saved me a lot of money, Mattel.
    I hate to admit I am beginning to agree. With the exception of the first wave (and that took countless trips to Wal-Marts across months to finish), every other piece of my collection to date has been filled outside of the brick and mortar environment - almost all from the panicked, rushed online checkout at either Wal-Mart or Target sites if and when inventory showed up in the middle of the night. I had everything beyond Wave 1 pre-ordered from BBTS as of January 1 and, as of today, have had zero of those items fulfilled. This exclusive 2-pack is one I really want and I admit refreshing the Target page over and over for two months now has worn thin. I would not be surprised at all to see it come and go and to miss entirely. While I really love the figures and vehicles in hand I do reflect on the original appeal to me was somehow re-creating the childhood experience of walking to a physical store and picking some out from inventory. I realize pandemic, modern shopping habits, the death of toy chains, scalpers, etc have all affected this but remain astounded by the inability of Mattel and two major retailers to make product that is essentially exclusive to them available. I want to finish Wave 4 with Stratos, in particular (I have a soft spot for those original core figures) and would like to grab Grayskull (with my October 2020 Wal-Mart preorder appearing as precarious as everyone else's now) and then I may just be done.

I hate excuses of an exclusive being something that entices you to come to the store, buy exclusive and buy other stuff, when it never works out that way.

It's go to every target/walmart day after day week after week and see no signs that it even exists, and refuse to buy anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    I hate excuses of an exclusive being something that entices you to come to the store, buy exclusive and buy other stuff, when it never works out that way.

It's go to every target/walmart day after day week after week and see no signs that it even exists, and refuse to buy anything else.
    Yes!! I purposely DON'T buy anything else now because I'm so disgusted when I see the abysmal display in the toy aisle. If I grabbed an item on my way to the toy section and there's nothing to buy, I will put that item down and walk out. So much for "available everywhere and enough for all" Mattel...

We're getting increasingly locked down here in Toronto, so trying to get these figures at retail is now moot. I'll just have to resort to online-only buying. I'm already mentally preparing myself for being forced to pay at least double the standard retail price to get my hands on this set...

Heroic Warrior
    I normally refuse to pay scalper prices, but I'll probably have to for this, and this isn't something I'm gonna pass up

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Yup. Only difference is I was never very excited for these. I want classics back. They did grow on me. If it wasnít for BBTS Iíd never find these.

The thought of dealing with target for this set is nothing short of excruciating. On top of that everyone in the US seems to be having the castle pushed back.

Iím kind of surprised mattel showed nothing for the online toy fair events. Iíve seen nothing from them other than a few Jurassic park drops.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

It's on - see below from IG user Planeternia just a few mins ago. Also noticed the desktop version of the Target site currently has the item showing as unavailable for order in any way online (sure hope that is temporary).

planeternia.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-18 2.11.27 PM.jpg

People are posting on Facebook that these are now being found in stores!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/motu...97643393929050

...and the eBay madness starts, too: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Masters-Of-...YAAOSwk25gfG37

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Want this!!! Skeletor's havok staff and sword are so cool. That Skeletor head looks pretty sweet from the pics. Hopefully, it looks nice in hand, too!

I am guessing that is what our version 2 Evil lyn, Beast Man, and Mer-man that are available for pre-order will look like. Plus Mini-Comic Tri-Klops, who I guess will release after those three.
    Last edited by Grayskull Guardsman; April 18, 2021 at 02:48pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I was really only excited for this set because of the Acala head and having said that, what the heck is up with the eyes? They look like rounded balls that were mashed in with a pencil eraser.

Hey, any reason for me to pass on it I'll take.

Is that the same head sculpt from Classics on Keldor? Or, both of them? I guess that saves $$$?

I honestly wasn't that interested in these two when they were announced but man they do look pretty cool.

Widget
    The art on the back gives us a good look at how the next Beast-Man, Mer-Man, and Evil Lynn will look I bet.
    Can we get that Mini-Comic Stratos too, please?

Court Magician
    Oh wow! The Skeletor head has gem eyes

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk