Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins Keldor and Kronis 2-Pack Target Exclusive

Court Magician
    The current listings for this on ebay are all from California.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gog View Post
    ...and the eBay madness starts, too: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Masters-Of-...YAAOSwk25gfG37
    My god!!! What is wrong with people?
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Hey - if you're not into bidding you can Buy It Now for $1,000: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MASTERS-the...EAAOSwzK5gfItb

...and to think, I was telling myself these might go as high as a hundred each on the resale market

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Seriously, why would anyone pay that amount? These are going to make their way around to all Targets. Yes, this set (and Flocked Panthor) is an ebay exclusive for most people, but the price is gonna drop. I just donít understand why people need to be the first and have to have it immediately Scalpers are just the lowest form of humans.

Rise of Evil, indeed. Don't feed the scalpers, folks. Just stop. You don't need that new shiny thing right now at this very second. Impatient idiots with deep pockets are a virtue to these sharks. This pack will eventually be distributed nationwide. It may take some time, but it'll get to your neck of the woods. It was literally just found this morning in California. There will be restocks. They will probably go up online. If, for whatever reason, you cannot procure this set in six months or so (assuming it's not shelf-warming already by then), then sure, by all means, check eBay or Mercari and pick one up for maybe a $20 premium. This is a $30 toy, not a Hot Toys Hulkbuster. Yeesh.
    Last edited by Man-Man; April 18, 2021 at 06:22pm.

Heroic Warrior
    God, I just realized that uses the full power sword sculpt. I hope they retooled the handle.

I don't get why they can't just give us both halves in a single color or something. I'm a full sword kinda guy, but currently, unless you have the SDCC set, you can only get that in pink and now purple, and even then it doesn't really work.

On a more positive note, the packaging shows Randor in his armor (I hope we also get the more kingly version at some point as well), minicomic Tri-Klops, LoP Mer-Man, LoP Beast Man, minicomic Stratos, and a gray skin Evil-Lyn. Considering all but there of those are figures that we either already have or are confirmed (not including gray Evil-Lyn because we don't know what version 2 will look like), I think gray Evil-Lyn, Randor (which is basically inevitable since he's a vintage figure), and minicomic Stratos (who was on Stratos' packaging as well) are likely (maybe this year's Powercon/SDCC exclusives).

Here's a pic of the back...

20210418_195702.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post

20210418_195702.jpg
    I wonder if that is the version of Evil Lyn we will be getting later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post

20210418_195702.jpg
    Interesting to use the old Stratos look there. Assuming that is Stratos, of course. I wonder how long it'll be before we get a Random...

They're basically giving us a sneak peak at Evil Lyn "2", LOP Beastman and Mer-Man and the other Tri-Klops.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    They're basically giving us a sneak peak at Evil Lyn "2", LOP Beastman and Mer-Man and the other Tri-Klops.
    I hope that's not the coloring used on LOP Beast Man and Mer-Man - we already got those colors in the Power-Con set

This 2-pack shares the same UPC with flocked Panthor? UPC: 887961989717

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I hope that's not the coloring used on LOP Beast Man and Mer-Man - we already got those colors in the Power-Con set
    I believe Val confirmed they will have a different colour scheme.

Bad news on that handle, now they made it too small. Thereís a YouTube review, it keeps falling out of his hand.

Iím glad Axel is Axel and had the brilliant idea to make everyone look different. I did a similar thing when I had all my Classics on display. I had a flashback shelf. I had Keldor, BG Evil Lyn with out her helmet, Kronis, an extra Beastman with out his armour or arm bands, a Tri Klops with that custom head that had the green bandana covering it and the light blue Mer-Man. On the heroic side it was incomplete but I had orange Ram-Man, MAA with no mustache, blue wing Stratos. Was waiting for Prince Randor but it be released but never happened.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Origins SDCC 2019 2 Pack, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    Bad news on that handle, now they made it too small. Thereís a YouTube review, it keeps falling out of his hand.

Sometimes you can fix stuff like that by heating up the hand, closing it tighter, then running cool water over it so it "freezes" like that. Then your weapon will stay in the hand better after that.

Heroic Warrior
    Sometimes you can fix stuff like that by heating up the hand, closing it tighter, then running cool water over it so it "freezes" like that. Then your weapon will stay in the hand better after that.
    Ngl I'd rather it be too small than too big. Since you can do that, or you can wrap tape around the handle and that also works. If it's too big, you're just screwed unless you try whittling the handle down, which is a pain to do and it never looks good. A

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Want this!!! Skeletor's havok staff and sword are so cool. That Skeletor head looks pretty sweet from the pics. Hopefully, it looks nice in hand, too!

I am guessing that is what our version 2 Evil lyn, Beast Man, and Mer-man that are available for pre-order will look like. Plus Mini-Comic Tri-Klops, who I guess will release after those three.
    Except that's not an accurate depiction of vintage mini comic Tri-Klops - notice that his armour is red instead of lime green. This is some new made up variant. Disappointing.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    This 2-pack shares the same UPC with flocked Panthor? UPC: 887961989717
    Walmart Flocked Panthor is 887961979831 from what I can tell

Heroic Warrior
    Sweatpantsjoe on YouTube said he was told by a Target employee that this set has a street date of 4/25 fwiw.

Widget
    I was lucky today, I found two. I got one for myself and for a local toy-store guy that sells vintage MOTU and Joe stuff.

In the Central Valley area of California, I have found that in general stores should be stocking it by the 25th. But some stores may have it out on the shelf. I am not sure if there is a street date, or if it is Target's toy department reset date. I heard from one store that there was a street date on Joe Classified before, but unfortunately there stock went from 6 to 0 on the same day, and it was 3 days before the street date.

Keldor's sword is a recolor of He-Man's sword from the SDCC Adam/He-Man 2-pack. So, the sword easily falls out of his hand.

I hope these start flooding the Target stores and the insane Ebay prices drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Except that's not an accurate depiction of vintage mini comic Tri-Klops - notice that his armour is red instead of lime green. This is some new made up variant. Disappointing.
    That is disappointing. They should show early production models so fans can help them catch this stuff

That is disappointing. They should show early production models so fans can help them catch this stuff
    MegaConstrux got that variant right, so there's no excuse for this error in Origins.

I just picked one up in Austin at my local target. They only had 3, so some employee snagged one early. I got to the store 40 minutes before they opened and stood in line. Two others showed up and we each got one. I had to ask an employee to check the back because they were not on shelves.

The target app did NOT alert me to the item being in stock even though I had signed up for alerts and it was at my home store. But when I woke up this morning I checked and it showed up as in stock. It wouldn't allow me to buy online.

I hope everyone can get one. I had to go to work right after so I haven't opened it up yet, but it looks like an awesome set.

And I got to meet 2 other fans which was fun.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I just picked one up in Austin at my local target. They only had 3, so some employee snagged one early. I got to the store 40 minutes before they opened and stood in line. Two others showed up and we each got one. I had to ask an employee to check the back because they were not on shelves.

The target app did NOT alert me to the item being in stock even though I had signed up for alerts and it was at my home store. But when I woke up this morning I checked and it showed up as in stock. It wouldn't allow me to buy online.

I hope everyone can get one. I had to go to work right after so I haven't opened it up yet, but it looks like an awesome set.

And I got to meet 2 other fans which was fun.
    Wow, you found it in Austin? Cool, I guess I can now start searching.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Wow, you found it in Austin? Cool, I guess I can now start searching.
    Yeah I did find it. I know a case showed up at the Hwy 290 location (where I got mine) and another yesterday in New Braunfels. So I'd check the other stores next - maybe the one on Ben White will have one in the next few days.