Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins Keldor and Kronis 2-Pack Target Exclusive

I added it to "my favorites" and signed up for email alerts (which I didn't seem to have an option to do for previous listings like the Battle Armor Figures, the Zodac wave, or Ram Man & Clamp Champ. Also, listings are up for Land Shark and Grayskull (amusingly misspelled "Greyskull" in the promo commercial) ).
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Hopefully Targets email is better than Walmart... I would never get Walmartís.. I use the Target app and get push notifications on my phone, thatís how I got She-Ra, Merman Zodac and Roboto
    Instagram: dadhausen

Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    Hopefully Targets email is better than Walmart... I would never get Walmart’s.. I use the Target app and get push notifications on my phone, that’s how I got She-Ra, Merman Zodac and Roboto
    Yes - I rely on the app and would not trust waiting for an email that may or may not come. Past experience has been that it may take a few tries before you get the buzz and land on an item in stock. Seems like they like to release these around 4-5 AM ET as well... at least that was my experience with the wave noted above.

ALSO -if you get an app notification and the product is out of stock when you get to it, you have to re-request to be notified for another alert.

Quote Originally Posted by Gog View Post
    ALSO -if you get an app notification and the product is out of stock when you get to it, you have to re-request to be notified for another alert.
    Thatís great to know, I havenít encountered that yet. Good looks!

Hopefully Targets email is better than Walmart... I would never get Walmartís.. I use the Target app and get push notifications on my phone, thatís how I got She-Ra, Merman Zodac and Roboto
    I would get those emails from Walmart at 4am.
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Well, the Alcala head is interesting. Overall looks quite nice, but the teeth look too neat and uniform. Still the nicest looking head they've done for Skeletor so far (which, sadly, isn't saying a lot!)

Edited to add: also the eyes should be pretty round, and they're not here. They always want to give Skeletor angry eyes, which makes it lose the creepiness of the Alcala skull design.
    Last edited by Lich Leech; March 1, 2021 at 09:59pm.

Does Target ship to Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Does Target ship to Canada?
    Don't believe so, unless you opt to forward packages from a shipping company that provides that service.

Heroic Warrior
    Hopefully this works more like the xmen retro rogue. No problem getting that. Any idea why the sword is yellow at the tip instead of green?

Tried to check out, mustíve been a glitch in the Matrix.. it clocked for about 2 mins then the refresh notice popped up right above add to cart.. I thought I got lucky lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah no dice for me on the app.

Tried to check out, must’ve been a glitch in the Matrix..
    I used to work with a Purchasing team for a distributor in healthcare. Tens of thousands of SKUs and two old guys who would set up items. Let's call them Bob and Jerry. Neither was ever in a hurry, stuff would get online as a skeleton listing, supposed to be invisible but sometimes showed up and we'd get order tries and calls... or - stuff was in hand ready to sell but the item was waaaaaaay down their list for the day and MAYBE if they finished their coffee and it wasn't too close to quitting time, it'd get put up. Now, that was far from effective but that's EXACTLY what I picture here. Bob and Jerry in Target HQ with coffee and a bear claw shooting the **** and a spreadsheet with Keldor and Kronos inventory about 300 lines down the list...

Quote Originally Posted by Gog View Post
    I used to work with a Purchasing team for a distributor in healthcare. Tens of thousands of SKUs and two old guys who would set up items. Let's call them Bob and Jerry. Neither was ever in a hurry, stuff would get online as a skeleton listing, supposed to be invisible but sometimes showed up and we'd get order tries and calls... or - stuff was in hand ready to sell but the item was waaaaaaay down their list for the day and MAYBE if they finished their coffee and it wasn't too close to quitting time, it'd get put up. Now, that was far from effective but that's EXACTLY what I picture here. Bob and Jerry in Target HQ with coffee and a bear claw shooting the **** and a spreadsheet with Keldor and Kronos inventory about 300 lines down the list...
    I can 100% see this happening in this exact fashion.

Well if any of you who were trying to get the first wave of star wars retros from target.com know what kind of hassle this will be. Stuff shows up a 4 in morning for 2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Well if any of you who were trying to get the first wave of star wars retros from target.com know what kind of hassle this will be. Stuff shows up a 4 in morning for 2 seconds.
    Definitely will be bad. Seen the same for Transformers, WWE, etc. yuck!

Heroic Warrior
    Thrust was easy to get even in the wild..... Trying hard to be hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Magna Prime View Post
    Thrust was easy to get even in the wild..... Trying hard to be hopeful.
    The worst part about Thrust was having my online order delayed three times then finding him in store. Fingers crossed that with MOTU not being the power house that Transformers, Star Wars and Marvel are it'll be easier to get. Also it's two relatively unknows and it's not like they complete a set like Thrust did. Really the only thing that'll attract a casual buyer is seeing that Keldor is Skeletor, but then why spend $30 when there are plenty of $15 Skeletors with a fun "evil laugh" face.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 4/17/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    The worst part about Thrust was having my online order delayed three times then finding him in store. Fingers crossed that with MOTU not being the power house that Transformers, Star Wars and Marvel are it'll be easier to get. Also it's two relatively unknows and it's not like they complete a set like Thrust did. Really the only thing that'll attract a casual buyer is seeing that Keldor is Skeletor, but then why spend $30 when there are plenty of $15 Skeletors with a fun "evil laugh" face.
    It's a nice thought but likely not going to happen this way, especially with the fierce competition between both collectors and re-sellers to get their hands on highly sought after products... like Thrust and this 2-pack. From my experience I'm not worried about competing with kids who may or may not want this set. I'm more concerned with the guy who comes in buys all 6-10 Thrust figures in one fell swoop, like happened at my Target store. Although He-man and Skeletor are plentiful supply anything not those two Origins figures sells like hot cakes. I anticipate this 2-pack disappearing fast... is the long and the short of what I'm saying.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    It's a nice thought but likely not going to happen this way, especially with the fierce competition between both collectors and re-sellers to get their hands on highly sought after products... like Thrust and this 2-pack. From my experience I'm not worried about competing with kids who may or may not want this set. I'm more concerned with the guy who comes in buys all 6-10 Thrust figures in one fell swoop, like happened at my Target store. Although He-man and Skeletor are plentiful supply anything not those two Origins figures sells like hot cakes. I anticipate this 2-pack disappearing fast... is the long and the short of what I'm saying.
    I get that, but that's not much of a problem where I live.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 4/17/2021

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Outside of vehicles, beasts, Classics compatible accessories, and Grayskull... I guess I am collecting everything Origins except figures.

But I want this for the artwork, heads, accessories, and overall good vibe.

How long does Target usually add listings to their site before product actually goes live?

Hoping I'm around when they do!

PS - Does that Keldor head look like a recycled Classics Keldor head? Fine by me!

Heroic Warrior
    The one advantage to this set: it will be shipped in solid cases unlike regular figures. Be kind to your target employee, give them the DPCI and ask for other store locations. Your chances are better than with most MOTUO figures.

Court Magician
    Is there a difference between this version of Keldor and the Classics one? Also, is the first Kronis figure?...cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    How long does Target usually add listings to their site before product actually goes live?
    This is the question I'd like to see answered - if there even is a consistent answer. What is interesting to me for this listing (along with Land Shark and Grayskull) is that it shows as "Sold Out" vs "Shipping Not Available" as is the case with the Deluxe figures and Wave 4. I cannot pretend to be familiar with Target's different statuses but the optimistic side of me likes to think online availability will be imminent as soon as someone plugs in the numbers and flips the switch (until they sell out for real and turn into "Shipping Not Available"...)

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Ghast View Post
    Is there a difference between this version of Keldor and the Classics one? Also, is the first Kronis figure?...cheers.
    Classics is 7 in and origins are 5.5. New sculpt and style as well.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

Quote Originally Posted by Night Ghast View Post
    Classics Trap Jaw came with an extra head and arm to allow you to display him as Kronis if you wanted to.