Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins Keldor and Kronis 2-Pack Target Exclusive

I've seen new figures hit Target once, they put out what they have and never re-stocked anything. It seems to be a "get them while you can" situation. Deluxe figures hit once and never again, the two pack hit once and never again, waves three and four also each hit once and never again. I think the only reason we keep seeing he-man, skeletor, and the cats is because they aren't selling. Several targets in my area got exactly TWO rise of evil sets and I haven't seen any since.
    I see FYE with SOME of wave 1, I wonder if they will get subsequent waves? This is all New Jersey btw...

Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    I've seen new figures hit Target once, they put out what they have and never re-stocked anything. It seems to be a "get them while you can" situation. Deluxe figures hit once and never again, the two pack hit once and never again, waves three and four also each hit once and never again. I think the only reason we keep seeing he-man, skeletor, and the cats is because they aren't selling. Several targets in my area got exactly TWO rise of evil sets and I haven't seen any since.
    I see FYE with SOME of wave 1, I wonder if they will get subsequent waves? This is all New Jersey btw...
    I checked my FYE a few weeks ago and they still had old Loyal Subjects and S7 stuff hanging around and I hadnít gone back.. I have seen on IG they got the chocolate bars and some other small stuff. Itís in the mall that is next to the target I frequent, May have to go back.
    Instagram: dadhausen

Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    I checked my FYE a few weeks ago and they still had old Loyal Subjects and S7 stuff hanging around and I hadnít gone back.. I have seen on IG they got the chocolate bars and some other small stuff. Itís in the mall that is next to the target I frequent, May have to go back.
    Yes, go back. Mine all have Man-At-Arms, Teela, Evil-Lyn, and of course He-Man and Skeletor. No Beast Man that I've seen at any location.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, go back. Mine all have Man-At-Arms, Teela, Evil-Lyn, and of course He-Man and Skeletor. No Beast Man that I've seen at any location.
    Exact ones I saw on my most recent trip to FYE.

My set came in the mail today, and it's AWESOME!
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    MGurlea: That definitely does sound like an awful way to start the day. My sympathies.

Quick side rant, and I REALLY don't want to start a whole big thing, but this kind of thing is why even though I empathize with retail and service workers and agree that we ALL probably deserve to make more money these days, I can't help but roll my eyes when people start talking about raising the minimum wage. Because most of my recent experiences (not all) with people working in retail, food service, etc. give the impression that a ton of people in those positions are scraping by with bare-minimum effort and "customer service" is pretty much extinct across the board. So my gut reaction is generally "Why reward people for putting in minimal effort and treating customers like they're a nuisance? I know it's a lot more complicated than that, but every time I have a situation like this, I often say out loud some variant of "And these people want twenty bucks an hour." Again, I know that's not entirely fair and I don't mean to disparage anyone. And I have had some positive experiences with customer service, too. Just saying, encounters like this give them all a bad reputation.

As for me, I plan to get one of these on eBay this weekend because the Targets over here are lousy for this kind of thing.

EDIT: Just got one off eBay. $75 after shipping. At least I'll have one.
    Raise the minimum raise and they will do a better job. Or, if they don't, someone else will be more than happy to take that job at a higher, decent wage. A higher minimum wage helps us all and is long overdue.

No excuse for rudeness, but I give retail employees a lot of leeway and I certainly don't take the rudeness personally. When I was a college kid in the 90s, jobs were plentiful and, if you didn't like the one you had, you could quit and get a new one. Easy. Then you graduated college and got an even better job, hopefully starting a career.

Young people today simply do not have that option anymore, at least not as the 'norm' we experienced for decades. They are moving into an economy that has shifted over the last 40 years or so to serve only the select few and there are fewer and fewer ways to climb the economic ladder available to them. So the next time a young, minimum wage big box employee gets grumpy, think about the very real likelihood that person is stuck in a dead end job that doesn't pay a living wage and has no real shot at advancement.

These employees didn't create this exclusive toy nonsense between Mattel and Target either.

Again, no excuse for rudeness - when you hear it, call them out politely and firmly. They can give it, but you don't have to take it.

Times are tough for a lot of people. If I/you/we have to wait a little longer for our toys, it's not the end of the world.

Thanks for reading. We only get through this together.
    Last edited by SunDevil; May 5, 2021 at 07:19pm.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

Eh, I understand that's the THEORY but in my experience it remains a theory.

I had a good job for the last 10-ish years, but before that I had a pretty crummy (but decently-paying) job for the preceding 10 years. We definitely were making more than minimum wage, but far too many people coming in from the 18-25 year-old crop had the attitude of "I'm doing these people a favor just by coming in at all" and generally acted like everyone owed them a living just for showing up. They didn't have time to develop a bad attitude, they came in the door with one.

My last job was good, working at a gym, but I didn't envy my boss in trying to hire new people. There was a ton of staff turnover and there was only one other person who was there longer than me before Covid shut us down. He gave a ton of people a shot, but most of them got fired pretty quickly for coming in late, no-showing, unprofessional behavior, etc., whether they were trainers or just general staff. He paid more than a lot of the local places did for the same work, but that wasn't enough incentive for the kids to come in and actually do a decent job. And he'd confide in me on the side a lot of times about how hard it was to interview people, because as he'd explain it, "I get these 19-year old kids who've never worked in this business, some of them never in ANY business, except maybe bagging groceries or something, and as soon as we sit down they're all like, 'So I'm gonna need at least 75 a year, two weeks paid vacation,, all that, and I'm like WAIT a minute, we haven't even talked about what YOU'RE gonna do to help MY business, yet, and you're sitting here making demands like you're doing me a favor just by being here? You don't even have any experience at this job, and you're telling me 'Here's what I'm gonna need'? Anybody under-25 that I interview, that's how they act." And I saw enough on my own to know he wasn't kidding.

So yeah, I do think there's something to be said for "A rising tide lifts all boats." But at the same time, I personally have seen and witnessed a TON of entitlement and bad attitudes among the younger people in the workforce, even those who were making "good money". Back at my "crap job" around 2005 there were plenty of guys making $15 an hour or more - which would be about $20 and change, today - who'd show up in the morning and loudly declare, "You guys got this, I ain't doing jack **** today," and that's just the way it was.

I mean, I know that not EVERYONE is like that, but I, personally, can only call what I see. So I do sympathize with folks... but not THAT much. "Back in my day", I only ever got more money by expanding my skillset and proving that I was worth it, not just by asking for it. And I don't feel like people who do a lousy job at their vocation inherently deserve to be paid more, even if in theory "They're only doing a bad job because they're not being paid enough." I think a person should take some pride in their work, regardless. If I ever got caught doing a bad job and told my boss, "Well you're not paying me enough to do a better job, anyway," I very quickly would have found myself not being paid at all.

I don't know any employer who'd accept that excuse, quite frankly.

But again, wasn't trying to start a whole thing, just calling what I see. As for employees being rude or dismissive of customers, well, maybe I'm old-fashioned but that shouldn't be acceptable no matter what a person's being paid. I just don't think it's right for people to act like that.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Good call on going back. Had a rack set up in the aisle. Talked to the manager who coincidentally was the manager when I worked there seasonally back in 2005 (I was an asst manager at Hot Topic in the same mall) and he said they are supposed to get a lot of stuff over the next few weeks. Had some Wave 1, novels, gift wrap set, tiki cups and the chocolate bars.
    Instagram: dadhausen

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Eh, I understand that's the THEORY but in my experience it remains a theory.

I had a good job for the last 10-ish years, but before that I had a pretty crummy (but decently-paying) job for the preceding 10 years. We definitely were making more than minimum wage, but far too many people coming in from the 18-25 year-old crop had the attitude of "I'm doing these people a favor just by coming in at all" and generally acted like everyone owed them a living just for showing up. They didn't have time to develop a bad attitude, they came in the door with one.

My last job was good, working at a gym, but I didn't envy my boss in trying to hire new people. There was a ton of staff turnover and there was only one other person who was there longer than me before Covid shut us down. He gave a ton of people a shot, but most of them got fired pretty quickly for coming in late, no-showing, unprofessional behavior, etc., whether they were trainers or just general staff. He paid more than a lot of the local places did for the same work, but that wasn't enough incentive for the kids to come in and actually do a decent job. And he'd confide in me on the side a lot of times about how hard it was to interview people, because as he'd explain it, "I get these 19-year old kids who've never worked in this business, some of them never in ANY business, except maybe bagging groceries or something, and as soon as we sit down they're all like, 'So I'm gonna need at least 75 a year, two weeks paid vacation,, all that, and I'm like WAIT a minute, we haven't even talked about what YOU'RE gonna do to help MY business, yet, and you're sitting here making demands like you're doing me a favor just by being here? You don't even have any experience at this job, and you're telling me 'Here's what I'm gonna need'? Anybody under-25 that I interview, that's how they act." And I saw enough on my own to know he wasn't kidding.

So yeah, I do think there's something to be said for "A rising tide lifts all boats." But at the same time, I personally have seen and witnessed a TON of entitlement and bad attitudes among the younger people in the workforce, even those who were making "good money". Back at my "crap job" around 2005 there were plenty of guys making $15 an hour or more - which would be about $20 and change, today - who'd show up in the morning and loudly declare, "You guys got this, I ain't doing jack **** today," and that's just the way it was.

I mean, I know that not EVERYONE is like that, but I, personally, can only call what I see. So I do sympathize with folks... but not THAT much. "Back in my day", I only ever got more money by expanding my skillset and proving that I was worth it, not just by asking for it. And I don't feel like people who do a lousy job at their vocation inherently deserve to be paid more, even if in theory "They're only doing a bad job because they're not being paid enough." I think a person should take some pride in their work, regardless. If I ever got caught doing a bad job and told my boss, "Well you're not paying me enough to do a better job, anyway," I very quickly would have found myself not being paid at all.

I don't know any employer who'd accept that excuse, quite frankly.

But again, wasn't trying to start a whole thing, just calling what I see. As for employees being rude or dismissive of customers, well, maybe I'm old-fashioned but that shouldn't be acceptable no matter what a person's being paid. I just don't think it's right for people to act like that.
    It's not acceptable, which we have both stated and agree on 100%. Always call that out when it happens. What it is, sadly, is understandable.

I have no doubt your gym boss experienced that entitlement. I've also seen it. Some people are raised to think they are entitled to the high-paying job, the company car, the year-end bonuses, all before stepping foot in the door. That is a parental failing as well as a societal one. But I've seen ten times more people working three jobs and barely paying rent. The clerk job at big box would have led to an assistant manager position, maybe manager, maybe more 20 years ago. You could do that crap job and work hard and move up. Not anymore, at least not nearly as often, no matter how hard you work. It is absolutely true some of these kids are not willing to do the work well, to take pride in it (which we for sure agree should be more prevalent) and it is also true just as many people, if not more, work their rear ends off at those soul-crushing jobs and are never, ever, rewarded for it. They can go out of their way to help 9 people, really go above and beyond, and those customers leave no feedback while that ONE person you couldn't find the exclusive for complains to the boss you were 'unhelpful'.

Automation has not helped. It has had a chilling effect on the number of entry-level jobs that lead anywhere. That and giant corporations crushing unions and depressing wages while raising CEO pay 400% or whatever the ridiculous number is.

We aren't making it a big thing. We agree on basically all of this. No excuse for big box kids to be rude when asked about toy exclusives but, again, it is entirely understandable. Not acceptable, always push back against rudeness, but understandable given how worthless our corporatacracy considers them.

Hopefully more Kronis/Keldor 2-packs will be released and more of us can acquire one without rewarding scalpers. Who knows, maybe Mattel will learn and do the next exclusive with BBTS and at a much larger initial number.

Thanks for reading. We are all in this together.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

They did hit Long Island but no luck. Resorted to eBay today for $64 shipped. Oh well still want 2 more sets
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Raise the minimum raise and they will do a better job. Or, if they don't, someone else will be more than happy to take that job at a higher, decent wage. A higher minimum wage helps us all and is long overdue.
    Hahahahaha!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/13/2021

...why is that funny?

Actually nevermind. Back on topic. Does the green part of Skellie's collar glow in the dark?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    ...why is that funny?

Actually nevermind. Back on topic. Does the green part of Skellie's collar glow in the dark?
    There's nothing that glows.

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Hahahahaha!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Minimum wage, minimum effort...

Thankfully I was offered the one I have from Glasstor, because still as of this writing they are nowhere to be found in a 150 mile radius of where I live.

I suspect I will never actually see one of these on a Target shelf and the line wil just keep moving on. The fact that I have only seen He-Man and Skeletor, Battlecat and Sky Sled sets and nothing else since Origins began is concerning and annoying. Nothing that has not been expressed before by myself and others.... but man. Come on now. Talk about making it hard to obtain a complete collection going forward. Every time I hear about an "exclusive" I have heart palpitations...lol

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    There's nothing that glows.
    Huh. I thought that was why there was green on his collar...

Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    Every time I hear about an "exclusive" I have heart palpitations...lol
    Same here. Even the PowerCon ones are freaking me out. Lol. I still need another rise of evil to open as well so they better go up online eventually. Ugh. Cali is wiped out of this and flocked panthor atm.

Non attendees for power con have a better chance getting the exclusives, compared to every one getting targets exclusives.

My amazing brother & his awesome fiancee grabbed these 2 beauts for me, don't know how they do it but I am very humbled & thankful.

Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    My amazing brother & his awesome fiancee grabbed these 2 beauts for me, don't know how they do it but I am very humbled & thankful.

http://i.imgur.com/KwaiDsJl.jpg
    We do what we do.
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

Quote Originally Posted by poweredconvoy View Post
    We do what we do.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

I'm not quite sure what green you are referring to. If you are talking about the green symbol on Keldor's armor then no it does not glow.

Heroic Warrior
    Nah, I think the green is because it was like that on concept art and prototypes as well as drawing attention to the bat to emphasize the fact that he's with the Horde.

Heroic Warrior
    Seems like Target has removed the tags for these. Do I understand correctly that Mattel had a certain number manufactured, shipped em all and there won't be any more?

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beast brain View Post
    Seems like Target has removed the tags for these. Do I understand correctly that Mattel had a certain number manufactured, shipped em all and there won't be any more?
    According to Mattel in the video posted here https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3926937, Target will continue to order these (and Mattel will continue to produce) as long as there is demand. Not saying that will actually happen, but that's the impression that Mattel has gotten from Target.