Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins Keldor and Kronis 2-Pack Target Exclusive

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Yeah I did find it. I know a case showed up at the Hwy 290 location (where I got mine) and another yesterday in New Braunfels. So I'd check the other stores next - maybe the one on Ben White will have one in the next few days.
    Cool, thanks for the tip!

Website said they were in stock so I got there at opening only to find they were sold the day before. Store only received 2 of them. Making limited access exclusives out of unique figures is a big FU to collectors. So sick of this horse ****.

Quote Originally Posted by optimiss View Post
    Website said they were in stock so I got there at opening only to find they were sold the day before. Store only received 2 of them. Making limited access exclusives out of unique figures is a big FU to collectors. So sick of this horse ****.
    Agreed. I'm hoping it's just readily available on their website at some point. I have little faith in my ability to find one in store.

I'm with you!! How does Mattel not know this? Or care?

I agree. It's garbage. You would think a store would want to entice people to shop there by having exclusives in stock, but all the exclusives do is make me not want to shop at a store anymore because it's so frustrating. That's how I'm feeling with Walmart. They never have anything and each time I leave the store empty handed, I dislike Walmart more and more. I preordered a Grayskull on Walmart the day they went up and have yet to receive it. My shipping notice got pushed back. I should have had it last weekend. And I found out today that people have found them in stores in my area. One guy bought 4 of them. I got in line with my preorder many months ago, this guy just walks into the store and buys 4.

Court Magician
    I agree. It's garbage. You would think a store would want to entice people to shop there by having exclusives in stock, but all the exclusives do is make me not want to shop at a store anymore because it's so frustrating. That's how I'm feeling with Walmart. They never have anything and each time I leave the store empty handed, I dislike Walmart more and more. I preordered a Grayskull on Walmart the day they went up and have yet to receive it. My shipping notice got pushed back. I should have had it last weekend. And I found out today that people have found them in stores in my area. One guy bought 4 of them. I got in line with my preorder many months ago, this guy just walks into the store and buys 4.
    That is some bs. The preorders from wally world will probably be shipped without a shipper box. Just a label over the artwork and kicked down the road to add insult to injury

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

How do you check stock on Targets website?

Quote Originally Posted by Also Raines View Post
    How do you check stock on Targets website?
    If you go to the item page on the Target website (desktop) it should show based on your login/location if In Stock near you. If not, if you click "edit store" it will open a list of stores in your area showing if any have stock.

Screenshot 2021-04-20 3.32.26 PM.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    I struck out even though Brickseek showed stock. When I got back to work it showed sold out. Either someone got them in the 10 minutes it took me to get to Target or Brickseek is slow to update. Anyway, hoping I get a shot online.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Jake DX View Post
    That is some bs. The preorders from wally world will probably be shipped without a shipper box. Just a label over the artwork and kicked down the road to add insult to injury

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    I'm kinda new to all this preorder stuff, and didn't know that when I ordered from Walmart. I wouldn't do that again.

I just picked one up in Austin at my local target. They only had 3, so some employee snagged one early. I got to the store 40 minutes before they opened and stood in line. Two others showed up and we each got one. I had to ask an employee to check the back because they were not on shelves.

The target app did NOT alert me to the item being in stock even though I had signed up for alerts and it was at my home store. But when I woke up this morning I checked and it showed up as in stock. It wouldn't allow me to buy online.

I hope everyone can get one. I had to go to work right after so I haven't opened it up yet, but it looks like an awesome set.

And I got to meet 2 other fans which was fun.
    Oooh, which Target might I ask?
    Nevermind... just saw your response to the other Austinite. Did you happen to see the mini figures, by chance?
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Nevermind... just saw your response to the other Austinite. Did you happen to see the mini figures, by chance?
    I went to the Target near the Arboretum because the website said the exclusive was there. However, after a nice Target worker checked the back for me, they were gone. She said they received them today, so it sounds like Targets everywhere should start getting them. No MOTU minis at the Target near the Arboretum

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    I went to the Target near the Arboretum because the website said the exclusive was there. However, after a nice Target worker checked the back for me, they were gone. She said they received them today, so it sounds like Targets everywhere should start getting them. No MOTU minis at the Target near the Arboretum
    Thank you for the info! I'm in South Austin, so I'll probably only get around to checking the one near MoPac and the one on Ben White... I'll report back when I do with any findings.

In the meantime, the other day I popped back in to Monkey See, Monkey Do and they are down to a couple Evil-Lyns, Beast Mans, MAAs, and regular Skeletor. All the Battle Armor Skeletors have now been bought (I'm not sure if they ever got BA He-Man). Was hoping to find Clamp Champ there, but they are sitting on a ton of stock of the Super7 5.5" figures (Shadow Orko, Buzz-Off, Frozen Teela, etc) and I don't know if whoever does the ordering is aware they are separate lines or if the glut of Super7 crap (sorry, I wasn't really a fan of most of their 5.5" output) will keep them from wanting to order more.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

You just have to laugh...

Screenshot_20210420-170317.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    You just have to laugh...

Screenshot_20210420-170317.jpg
    I wonder if the price is gonna drop. Idk, I'm planning on going at the crack of dawn on the 25th to get it, but if I can't, I'll have to buy it from scalpers.

Like, Target doesn't usually restock exclusives like these, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    I wonder if the price is gonna drop. Idk, I'm planning on going at the crack of dawn on the 25th to get it, but if I can't, I'll have to buy it from scalpers.

Thatís what Iím worried about too. I donít see the price dropping if these are going to be like every other motu figure (hardly ever restocked) I hope Iím wrong bc there is no way Iím dropping $250 on these
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Not at hwy 290, but Ben white had a handful left yesterday (Monday). Ben White also had a Ram Man and a Clamp Champ.

I picked up the whole mini wave last Friday, except for Ninjor. They didn't have him at all.

290 didn't even have the display box/side rack for the minis so it might be that they will still get some in. Hopefully.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm seeing listing at $150 already today, so I bet they will drop more. But even$100 is a lot to pay for a $30 set. Good luck in your search.

I would suggest checking your target online before the 25th because at least 2 targets in my area already sold theirs. The app/website will show if they are in stock. And if it shows yes but they aren't on the shelves, ask someone to check in the back. That's how I got mine. I showed the associate the listing on my app and that helped her find it.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I'm worried I'll never even have a chance, not because it will sell out before I get it, but because the store will never even get it in.

See checking Brickseek lists all local Targets as "out of stock" which it does when they haven't got it in yet also.

But checking the Target website it says "not sold at this store" and of course it's also not available for shipping (which I've always found to be aggravating nonsense) is it just that way because they don't have it in yet or are they really never getting it in at these locations and if so why the hell not?
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I'm worried I'll never even have a chance, not because it will sell out before I get it, but because the store will never even get it in.

See checking Brickseek lists all local Targets as "out of stock" which it does when they haven't got it in yet also.

But checking the Target website it says "not sold at this store" and of course it's also not available for shipping (which I've always found to be aggravating nonsense) is it just that way because they don't have it in yet or are they really never getting it in at these locations and if so why the hell not?
    Not sold at this store just means they don't have it in stock now, not that they won't ever carry it. I was lucky enough to get one today and the store I got it from had displayed the not sold at this store for over a month. Not available for shipping means that you have to go to the store to get it once they get it in stock. So yes, that just means they don't have it in yet, not that they'll never get it.

Heroic Warrior
    I saw something about reserving toys at Target (apparently that's why you sometimes see figures behind the electronics desk)

Anyone know how to do that?

Idk, I'm having far more than a healthy amount of anxiety about not getting this. Idk, I love collecting action figures, but actually buying them causes me more anxiety than things that actually matter. I wish they would ship out more than two of an exclusive. Like, I wish they'd restock them for at least a few months.

Austin people, my target app says they have some in Southpark Meadows store. If you can get there before they open at 8am you might get lucky. My guess is they have 1-4 in stock. Mine had 3 yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Wow, you found it in Austin? Cool, I guess I can now start searching.
    I got one last night. It was the last one and I was just going to ask someone to see when they might get it, but when I pulled up the listing on Target.com it said they had one in stock. So the nice young man at the electronics counter went and got it for me. The box was all beat up and even had a cut on the back. I like the set, mostly for Keldor. Also I did not think I would like the Acala head as much as I do.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw something about reserving toys at Target (apparently that's why you sometimes see figures behind the electronics desk)

Anyone know how to do that?

Idk, I'm having far more than a healthy amount of anxiety about not getting this. Idk, I love collecting action figures, but actually buying them causes me more anxiety than things that actually matter. I wish they would ship out more than two of an exclusive. Like, I wish they'd restock them for at least a few months.
    Call and ask. I did that with the Transformers Skywarp and Thundercracker set over this past summer.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 5/8/2021

Unfortunately, we have one Target inside normal daily driving range and their toy department is terribly stocked at all times. Add in scalper interest and I am not optimistic at being able to just happen upon this. I was seriously hoping for a shot at ordering online but I am wondering if that will even be a possibility.

I know in the big picture, this item doesn't matter to Target as any revenue-generator. Likewise, Mattel wins because they're sold to Target. But, man, would it be nice if we must have exclusives if we as buyers were informed of some kind of plan - like "there will be XX units produced, they'll hit stores on YY date and be available for order online ZZ date." I know that also just feeds scalpers and bots but it would ease the anxiety of what should be a fun experience.

It will be interesting to see how availability (and resale price) settle down after the reported proper 4/25 street date. Right now it appears they're settling around the $130 mark which is still outrageous. I am curious if anyone here has ever purchased from Lulu Berlu in France? I only ask because they have it as a (supposed) pre-order for mid-August. They're not cheap - still come to close to $100 US shipped (59.99 EURO before shipping ~ $72 USD) - but if they're reliable it could be an alternative, I guess. I'd rather overpay a toy store than a flipper on eBay.

Of course, with my luck, I'll cave and overpay and there will somehow be scads of these overproduced and on clearance by summer... in the meantime, I'll keep looking for Flocked Panthor. This is fun, right? Right?

Landed in Tennessee. I froze outside for 20 minutes waiting to get in and then found a very nice employee he went in the bag for about 10 minutes he said there were two in stock but he came out with only one which is fine thatís all I wanted but I did consider getting one for someone on the forum nearby. Or if my son wanted to have one to open but nonetheless he only brought one out and said thereís so much other stock back there that is all he could find.hmmmmmmm

I am immensely grateful to have scored this after missing out on scare glow, clamp champ, trapjaw, flocked panthor, and so many others plus I have no idea if it will ever arrive from big bad toy store so this is a huge win and it looks amazing!

Heroic Warrior
    Iíve been to 5 stores at opening, first there, no one around but, they magically have always ďjust soldĒ to some non existent person- all of the stock, every time. I canít fight Target employees and scalpers. I guess Iím going to have a whole lot of Origins for sale soon. I canít fight this ***** anymore.