Thread: Amy Grant Heart Surgery Follow Up

Amy Grant Heart Surgery Follow Up

Lovely and talented Amy Grant (one of my favourite musicians) has given an interview following her recent heart surgery pleading to people to get checked if they suspect something is wrong with their health and in her own personal news, Amy is delighted (as are the fans) that she is healing well and looks set to return to making music in 2021.

https://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...8681597331649/

*Amy Grant is encouraging people to practice self-care in the wake of her open-heart surgery.

The 59-year-old singer-songwriter discussed her health on Thursday's episode of Good Morning America after undergoing open-heart surgery for a rare heart condition.

When asked what her message to fans would be, Grant urged people to take care of themselves and have regular health checkups.

"My message would be, take a minute and take care of yourself. You don't know if something's wrong unless you make sure it's right," the star said.

"Do you know how many women die of stroke and heart disease? It's like more than all cancers combined," she added. "If I have got something wrong, anybody could have something wrong."

Grant also stressed the importance of community.

"We are a community. Even in times of isolation, we still have an impact on each other and we can have an incredible impact for good," she said.

Grant had open-heart surgery in June to correct partial anomalous pulmonary venous return (PAPVR), a rare heart condition she's had since birth. On GMA, Grant discussed how she had an irregular heartbeat for the past decade and learned she had PAPVR during a checkup this year.

"I had an irregular heartbeat for the last 10 years, and it exhibited every day," the singer said. "It bothered me a little bit and then I've had a harder time singing in the last five years... everything kind of tightening up as I was trying to sing."

"They were doing an ultrasound of my heart and the doctor came in. He said [to my husband], 'Vince, this is the kind of situation where Amy would be fine, fine, fine and then one day it would be catastrophic,'" she recalled.

Grant previously described her recovery from the surgery as "miraculous." She shared photos on Instagram in June of her scar from the surgery.

Grant released her 15th studio album, How Mercy Looks From Here, in 2013, and said on GMA that she plans to create new music.*
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I have one of her CDs somewhere!

And I enjoyed listening to these songs:

- Welcome to Our World
    - Christmas Lullaby (I will Lead You Home)
    - 'Til the Season Comes 'Round Again

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    I have one of her CDs somewhere!

And I enjoyed listening to these songs:

- Welcome to Our World
    - Christmas Lullaby (I will Lead You Home)
    - 'Til the Season Comes 'Round Again
    I LOVE Amy Grant too and I have almost ALL her albums, except for Music Of The Spirit which I only just found on E-Bay. I hope to see her perform live one day!

You should check out the movie where Amy played a blind music teacher and cellist, A Song From The Heart, which shows Amy is as talented as an actress as she is a musician. I wish she would do more movies. I also have her memoirs Mosaic...Pieces Of My Life So Far.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Heart in Motion, still love this album.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Spikor1982 View Post
    Heart in Motion, still love this album.
    Heart In Motion was actually the first Amy Grant CD I ever owned (actually it was a Christmas present back in 1991 - the year of the album's release), and I immediately became a fan. I went back of course and bought all her earlier albums and continued to collect her later albums.