Thread: Progressive of Power Panel 1 with Noelle Stevenson & Crew (Thursday, August 20)

Progressive of Power Panel 1 with Noelle Stevenson & Crew (Thursday, August 20)

Join the first of two panels with EP Noelle Stevenson and the crew of #DreamWorksSheRa as they come together to discuss creating the iconic series and answer all your burning questions on Thursday, August 20 from 4 - 5:30 pm PT. Submit questions by 8/19 to the panel hosts at [email protected] and watch the panel on TWITCH.TV
    Announcement on Facebook!
    Announcement on Instagram!
    Announcement on Twitter!

DreamWorks She-Ra and the Princess of Power

PROGRESSIVE OF POWER PANEL 1
    THURSDAY, AUGUST 20
    4:00-5:30PM PST

• Noelle Stevenson (Executive Producer)

• Jen Bennet (Director)

• Josie Campbell (Story Editor)

• Phil Lomboy (Editor)

• M Willis (Writer)

• Sharon Sun (Board Artist)

progressiveofpowerpanel1.jpg

Thanks Tallstar, sounds awesome. I LOVE New She-Ra as much as the original version!

- - - Updated - - -

I can't wait until the She-Ra chat. I even submitted a question for consideration.

*Dear Noelle & She-Ra Panel

Hello, I'm Mikey from He-Man.Org forums. I would like to ask a question for the panel discussion. Firstly, I truly love this new version of She-Ra And The Princesses Of Power, and I wanted to know if there were ever going to be an exploration of how Double Trouble was able to morph into alternate versions of Flutterina and Peekablue. Were those characters real in this version and Double Trouble somehow acquired their physical form and powers - if so, what happened to the real Flutterina and Peekablue.

Also, Sweet Bee was mentioned in Princess Prom but never actually seen, would she have been another Double Trouble disguise perhaps, or a real character, and why was Sweet Bee left out of the series, real or otherwise.

Thankyou, Mikey*
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

About 12 more hours until the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    About 12 more hours until the panel.
    I had a great morning today, a mini-concert with Gretchen Peters and the awesome POP Panel Chat.

I'm "attending" the online DC Fan Dome event on Sunday and I have a Suzy Bogguss mini-concert and chat on Monday.

I LOVE the internet!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

I was unable to watch this...anyone have info on what was talked about?

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    I was unable to watch this...anyone have info on what was talked about?
    You can watch a replay here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/716482038

• Panel #2 is happening on August 26th (likely at the same time) with another group of panelists.

• Panel #1 peaked at 2,600+ visitors.

• Progressive of Power received about 1,000 questions.

PARAPHRASED QUESTIONS BELOW (The question and answer about Mara was interesting. I know some folks on here had strong opinions about Mara's hair color as She-Ra etc. Start at 45:02)

If you could choose to switch places with any one of the SPOP characters who would you switch with and why?

The original 80s She-Ra had a big rogues' gallery of villains. What stood out about the original Catra that made you decide "this is the one that She-Ra is going to kiss?" (9:00)

Was the Catradora kiss the first kiss that Catra and Adora had together and separately? (10:30)

At one point Catra says she and Adora were growing up in The Horde and they used to stay up late whispering about "whatever." What do you think some of the things they were whispering about might be? (11:54)

How did Catra become kidnapped? Who are her people? Why did she first join The Horde? Are these things that exist in a Bible somewhere, or was it just kind of like you did what you needed as the story progressed in the modern day? (12:51)

(Mental health struggles question) How do you see some of our characters confronting their personal issues moving forward after Season 5, from maybe some of the interdependence issues in Catradora to the squad's recovery from abuse by Shadow Weaver, etc. How do you see some of that healing happening? (17:03)

Was saving Angella ever on the table? Is she alive? What happened to her? Please save us. (22:32)

I know there was rights issues regarding the classic Masters of the Universe He-Man characters. A lot of people wanted to know: Is there anyone you would have loved to use if you could have? If you're familiar with these characters what relationships of theirs would you have used to kind of queer the text of She-Ra even further? (25:16)

Do you have any advice for people who are trying to write, draw, or create their own animated series and specifically are there any education or tools you can recommend? How do you handle rejection? (27:58)

Obviously She-Ra is a big milestone and means a lot to so many queer people young and adult as well. Is this the moment to do similar projects? Do you think that studios are realizing the hunger or need to have shows like this with LGBT relationships for the main characters? (38:42)

Given that Catra used to be a member of The Horde and there are now Horde clones everywhere...Is there a justice system in Etheria? And how do you think some of these characters may or may not have to confront their crimes? (40:50)

There's motifs of colonialism in the show with Hordak's conquering of Etheria as kind of the orinal sin of that. But I also think there's ways in which the First Ones represent this colonial presence, particularly as some of listeners have pointed out... Because when Mara transforms into She-Ra she becomes like this blonde white woman, which is really kind of interesting. Are there any thoughts on how that all went into that show? (Complicated issue. No clear reading of it.) Do you have any thoughts on how that informed the politics of the She-Ra world? (45:02)

--------------------

RAPID FIRE QUESTIONS

Who gets to rule Bright Moon now? (49:45)

Is Entrapat's hair natural or technology? (50:50)

If Catra doesn't like water how does she bathe? (51:22)

What is She-Ra's sword made out of? (52:13)

Does Hordak ever realize that the crystal on his chest says "Loved?" (52:40)

Are there other runestones or princesses we have not met yet? (53:50)

--------------------

What is next for She-Ra? Will we see graphic novels, comics, a Christmas special maybe with Revelations, a sixth season, a movie, a RPG sourcebook... Is there anything you can share with us? (55:03)

Please share with us... How has working on She-Ra affected your lives? (57:41)

Although I didn't have my question answered, it was still an enjoyable panel session and I hope to be there for the second one too.

Join the second and final panel with EP Noelle Stevenson and the crew of #DreamWorksSheRa as they come together to further discuss creating the iconic series and answer more of your burning questions on Wednesday, August 26 from 5:30 - 7:00 pm PT. Submit questions by 8/25 to the panel hosts at [email protected] and watch the panel on http://www.twitch.tv/ericcgarneau

PROGRESSIVE OF POWER PANEL 2
    WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 26
    5:30-7:00PM PST

• Kiki Manrique (Director)

• Michelle McMillan (Editor)

• Katherine Nolfi (Story Editor/Writer)

• Laura Sreebny (Writer)

• Shane Lynch (Writer)

• Jess Zammit (Board Artist)

panel2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

PROGRESSIVE OF POWER PANEL 2
    WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 26
    5:30-7:00PM PST

• Kiki Manrique (Director)

• Michelle McMillan (Editor)

• Katherine Nolfi (Story Editor/Writer)

• Laura Sreebny (Writer)

• Shane Lynch (Writer)

• Jess Zammit (Board Artist)

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...0&d=1598309468

panel2.jpg
    Totally awesome, I can't wait for the next POP panel!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure, but I might not be able to make it to the POP webchat, one of my musicians, Suzy Bogguss has a Wine Down Wednesday show on Thursday morning (my time) which may clash with the POP chat (my time). It's hard to choose between She-Ra and Suzy (or any of my musicians), I love both!