Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Fields of Eternia - MOTU Board game by Archon Studios | European market

Heroic Warrior
    Received my He-Man and Skeletor figures from my friend in England and they are beautiful little pieces of art. I would like to suggest to the Archon guys that are posting here, please, please, pack future figures better. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned getting their Skeletor with the head of the Havoc Staff broken off and mine was, too. Wrapping that figure in bubble wrap with the staff positioned as it is will pretty much guarantee a broken staff. I'm pretty sure that I can fix it but no one should have to do that. I do give props to the Archon staff for the first He-Man figure my friend was sent. Not sure how it was packed but it arrived crushed and they did replace it with him with no problems. I'm looking forward to She-Ra and to seeing what figures are next. I wish I had the skill to paint these but they're still incredible tiny pieces of art as they are.

He-Man historian
    Pixel-Dan takes a look at first two boardgame miniatures.

He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Since the CMON MOTU Board Game campaign seems to start soon (guesstimate: in 1-2 months, also see "Designer Diary 1" linked in the other thread) and Archon Studio's Masters game is postponed to Q1/21 I start wondering if the IP holder is pulling some strings here. I know they cannot cannibalize each other but it seems odd that by now both begin within the same timeframe.

Maybe we will witness the true battle for the Masters of the Universe title.
    Last edited by halopriest; December 22, 2020 at 06:20pm.

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by halopriest View Post
    Since the CMON MOTU Board Game campaign seems to start soon (guesstimate: in 1-2 months, also see "Designer Diary 1" linked in the other thread) and Archon Studio's Masters game is postponed to Q1/21 I start wondering if the IP holder is pulling some strings here.
    That is not the case.

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    That is not the case.
    Hey Jukka, is your avatar King Miro as a young man? I find that fascinating. He's an important character to the mythos yet I don't think much of his history has been covered yet...

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Hey Jukka, is your avatar King Miro as a young man? I find that fascinating. He's an important character to the mythos yet I don't think much of his history has been covered yet...
    Sorta. It's fan-art by Eric "gbagok" Marshall, though with my beard edited, so I personally like to think it might resemble me, since I was Captain Miro's voice in the Finnish-dub for 200x.

Widget
    Archon Studios has released a juicy Questions & Answers article in their blog, with lots of new information and pictures:
    • Setting: the First Ultimate Battleground from MOTU Classics
    • Factions: Masters of the Universe, Evil Warriors, Evil Horde (expansion), Snakemen (expansion)
    • Mechanics: campaign mode, skirmish mode, solo against an enemy AI...
    • Vehicle card examples: Land Shark, Blaster Hawk...
    • Equipment cards examples: Battle Armor, Ram Stone...
    • Creature card examples: Griffin, Tyrantisaurus Rex...
    • Ally card examples: Orko
    • Full list of characters of the base game

There's also a new exclusive mini: King Hsss on Tyrantisaurus

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    [QUOTE=DarkOrko;3911832][*] Full list of characters of the base game[/LIST]

Here is a list os the base game characters:

He-Man
    She-Ra
    Man-At-Arms
    Ram Man
    Teela
    Stratos
    Trap Jaw
    Tri-Klops
    Beast Man
    Evil-Lyn
    Skeletor
    Mer-Man
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

I don't know if anyone else knows about this yet, but Archon Studios has just announced a King Hiss on Tyrantisaurus Rex figure for the Fields Of Eternia - MOTU Board Game. I just received the email about it.

https://archon-studio.com/shop/maste...eid=14a612571c

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I don't know if anyone else knows about this yet, but Archon Studios has just announced a King Hiss on Tyrantisaurus Rex figure for the Fields Of Eternia - MOTU Board Game.
    Yes, I just posted a linked to it along with another one to the Questions & Answers article.
    Looks nice!

Court Magician
    Best way to get this in australia?
    Spewing I've already missed out on the minis

Quote Originally Posted by Mrskeletor View Post
    It'll be a Kickstarter. That's the only way you'll be able to get it - initially. If it ships to your region.

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Court Magician
    It doesn't, that's why I'm asking. Maybe there is a forwarding company or something I can use?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrskeletor View Post
    Don't the minis come with the game?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Don't the minis come with the game?
    Yes, minis come with the game, the ones he's missed have been limited edition add-ons.

EDIT: just looked at the new pic of the Skeletor figure... not in-scale with the rider figures that have already been released, what is going on with that?...
    Last edited by Jim_Abell; February 3, 2021 at 07:03pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    EDIT: just looked at the new pic of the Skeletor figure... not in-scale with the rider figures that have already been released, what is going on with that?...
    Hmm... I ain't understand the problem. Everything is in scale. Check the photos:
    DSC_0567.jpg
    DSC_0565.jpg
    DSC_0563.jpg

Regards from Archon Studio!
    - Jim

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaaqob View Post
    Hmm... I ain't understand the problem. Everything is in scale. Check the photos:
    DSC_0567.jpg
    DSC_0565.jpg
    DSC_0563.jpg

Regards from Archon Studio!
    - Jim
    This comparison picture is beyond baffling. Why are the already released (and incredibly expensively-priced) add-on figures not painted at all, whereas the Skeletor figure to be included in the game is being presented as beautifully painted?
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I don’t think they’ll come painted. Definitely not of the level of quality shown.

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    I don’t think they’ll come painted. Definitely not of the level of quality shown.
    Then they shouldn't tease us with a painted version that is not what we'll actually be getting.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Then they shouldn't tease us with a painted version that is not what we'll actually be getting.
    It’s to show the quality of the sculpt. The detail. As a tabletop gamer, I am very familiar with this type of promotion. Especially from a tabletop company.

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

RPG miniatures are rarely ever painted, but they're depicted in ad copy in their finished form. It's a precedent dating back to the tin soldier era.

Put another way, when was the last time you purchased a model kit that depicted the bare, unassembled character or vehicle on the box, rather than an expertly painted assembled version?
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

It’s to show the quality of the sculpt. The detail. As a tabletop gamer, I am very familiar with this type of promotion. Especially from a tabletop company.
    True! ;-)
    I took a painted Skeletor's model for these comparison photos because I had it on hand on the cupboard. ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    RPG miniatures are rarely ever painted, but they're depicted in ad copy in their finished form. It's a precedent dating back to the tin soldier era.

Put another way, when was the last time you purchased a model kit that depicted the bare, unassembled character or vehicle on the box, rather than an expertly painted assembled version?
    Well, none of the add-on figures were shown or promoted in a misleading painted version that's not what the customer is actually going to be buying.

- - - Updated - - -

I have an extensive collection of dozens of tabletop, board and card games, with hundreds of miniatures, and I can't remember ever coming across marketing pictures from the manufacturers depicting the included material in a version different from what actually comes in the game box. If they did, that would constitute, at a minimum, misleading marketing, which might even be legally construed as fraudulent bait-and-switch. I have seen many beautifully and expertly hand-painted versions of many game miniatures posted by users on sites like BGG (BoardGameGeek), but not as actual official promotional material.

Court Magician
    Well, none of the add-on figures were shown or promoted in a misleading painted version that's not what the customer is actually going to be buying.

- - - Updated - - -

I have an extensive collection of dozens of tabletop, board and card games, with hundreds of miniatures, and I can't remember ever coming across marketing pictures from the manufacturers depicting the included material in a version different from what actually comes in the game box. If they did, that would constitute, at a minimum, misleading marketing, which might even be legally construed as fraudulent bait-and-switch. I have seen many beautifully and expertly hand-painted versions of many game miniatures posted by users on sites like BGG (BoardGameGeek), but not as actual official promotional material.
    For miniatures games it's common. Games workshop does this all the time.