Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Fields of Eternia - MOTU Board game by Archon Studios | European market

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Check out this Hellboy Kickstater that used color images -> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-board-game
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaaqob View Post
    Hmm... I ain't understand the problem. Everything is in scale. Check the photos:
    Attachment 124929
    Attachment 124928
    Attachment 124930

Regards from Archon Studio!
    - Jim

Thank you for the comparison photos and my apologies. I just couldn't wrap my head around how a 55 mm tall mounted figure and a 43 mm tall standing figure could be in the same scale. Seeing them side-by-side it makes sense.

Chris here...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrskeletor View Post
    For miniatures games it's common. Games workshop does this all the time.
    Yep, Games Workshop are the masters of this - when I take a look at their packaging and promo materials vs whats in the box, and then look at my attempts to paint them, there's quite a disconnect!!

However, the painting is my favourite part of the hobby, so I don't have a problem with this.

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan View Post
    Chris here...

Yep, Games Workshop are the masters of this - when I take a look at their packaging and promo materials vs whats in the box, and then look at my attempts to paint them, there's quite a disconnect!!

However, the painting is my favourite part of the hobby, so I don't have a problem with this.

Take care...
    I'm sure you're wonderfully talented in painting as you are in everything else you do, buddy Chris!

I know, it's German but here are the latest Fields of Eternia Miniatures King Hsss on Tyrantisaurus and She-Ra on Swift Wind:

News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

They are amazing, I really dig them but I'd prefer them painted, unfortunately I'm too lazy to customize these miniatures
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Damn, so the mounted characters that are sold out will never be offered again, not as part of the Kickstarter or anything?
    I’m really bummed I missed them especially Skeletor!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Damn, so the mounted characters that are sold out will never be offered again, not as part of the Kickstarter or anything?
    No, the limited edition miniatures won‘t be part of the Kickstarter, at least Archon Studio says so currently.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Perhaps they'll do different sculpts on them later.

A new exclusive is now available: Hordak with Horde Wraith. Limited to 2000 pieces, like the previous miniatures.

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping for Hordak on Mantisaur, to match the other three leaders with their beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    A new exclusive is now available: Hordak with Horde Wraith. Limited to 2000 pieces, like the previous miniatures.

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping for Hordak on Mantisaur, to match the other three leaders with their beasts.
    Hello.
    Jim from Archon Studio here.

We've been considering Mantisaur... but... there are no Mantisaurs in the Classics line, so we could have problems with the model's approval by Mattel.
    Isn't this Hordak with Horde Wraith design original and cool btw?

Hello.

We've been considering Mantisaur... but... there are no Mantisaurs in the Classics line, so we could have problems with the model's approval by Mattel.
    Isn't this Hordak with Horde Wraith design original and cool btw?
    There isn't a Tyrantisaurus in Classics either, is there?

I seriously doubt there would been a problem getting approval if you used the vintage Mantisaur image, since most of the Classics toys are based on the vintage designs anyway. For example, the Dragon Walker appears in the Classics mini comics (despite not having a Classics toy), and it looks identical to the 1980s version.

Anyway, sorry if I sound negative, just a minor nitpick. I'm still looking forward to getting this miniature, and the board game!

I think the difference here is that Tyrantisaurus did appear in the MOTUC mini-comics, meaning his MOTUC design has been pre-approved. Mantisaur hasn't appeared in any way, shape or form in MOTUC. I think that's the roadblock keeping it from appearing in this game.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I think the difference here is that Tyrantisaurus did appear in the MOTUC mini-comics, meaning his MOTUC design has been pre-approved. Mantisaur hasn't appeared in any way, shape or form in MOTUC. I think that's the roadblock keeping it from appearing in this game.
    Exactly this is the reason.

He-Man historian
    Tyrannosaurus appears in both Classics MAP and Mini-Comic panels.

*BELIEVE ME*...In my research -- I looked and looked for reference of Mantisaur in all of the Classics bio-texts, minicomics, MastersMondays, maps for Archon Studio fellas... but no luck.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Yes, you are right about Mantisaurus.
    Believe me or not, but Mattel presumably would reject our sculpt depicting Hordak on Mantisaurus.
    And, thank you, Jukka, for your involvement!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Yes, you are right about Mantisaurus.
    Believe me or not, but Mattel presumably would reject our sculpt depicting Hordak on Mantisaurus.
    Did you try?

Why would Mantisaur need to have been featured in some already-released Classics-related material in order to somehow qualify? Is is not a “classic” MotU beast from the vintage line that every fan knows about?

Classics did not manage to get to the point of releasing neither most beasts/giants nor most vehicles/playsets, because those were relatively expensive items that the line never focussed on releasing (because of budgetary and marketing concerns). But, conceptually, Classics was always clearly meant to encompass basically everything, and Mantisaur is a well-known vintage beast that even had a vintage figure. So it makes no sense to me to assume or imply that Mantisaur was not meant to be part of the “Classics-verse” just because it happened not to make the cut into plastic form within the very limited amount of beast slots nor to get “airtime” in some minicomic panel (which most other beasts didn't get either).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Best I can tell, this game is rooted in the Classics cannon. That’s the story it’ll tell.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Why would Mantisaur need to have been featured in some already-released Classics-related material in order to somehow qualify?
    It has come up early on since the game was announced and this thread created.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    And the lore in it is based on MOTU Classics (hence why posted on Classics forum).

The game's lore is based on Classics, where Colossor has not made an appearance in any bio-text or visuals.
    Hello.

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Any news on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Any news on this?
    Sorry for the time you had to wait.
    It's time to break the silence and deliver you long-awaited news!
    "Fields of Eternia" KS campaign should be launched in Q3 this year (near the "MOTU Revelation" premiere probably).
    Stay tuned! :-)

Bang Your Head
    Do we have any info on the price or tiers for this?...

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    Do we have any info on the price or tiers for this?...
    Thats what the Kickstarter will tell.

Bang Your Head
    Thats what the Kickstarter will tell.
    Ok, so when is the Kisckstarter going to launch?...

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    Ok, so when is the Kisckstarter going to launch?...
    Three posts above: https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3930801