Thread: Dimensional Dealings

Widget

Dimensional Dealings

Usually Etheria and Eternia are in the same system, but this doesn't seem to be the case in the new series. While we know how and why Etheria ended up in Despondos (and returned) and that Hordak is also from that same dimension, it's less clear if Adora also is (her coming through a portal isn't enough to say that the portal lead to the same dimension that Hordak and Etheria are from).

If anyone thinks she is from the same dimension as Hordak and Etheria, where would you say Eternia is during all this? It seems pretty obvious that the Horde caused the Eternians on Etheria to evacuate, but did Horde Prime destroy their world in that reality (it could be argued since he stated the one dish was from a world similar to Etheria that's now destroyed) or could something else have happened to Eternia (possibly also dimensionally shunted)?

Given that the First Ones originated from Eternia and were a vast Galaxy spanning empire, it's probably quite far away from Etheria in Galactic terms. In regards to what shape it is in now? We know that while their empire was destroyed the First One's (or at least their descendent) are still out their somewhere, so if I had to guess, they presumably returned to their home world and were limited to there.

Widget
    Thanks! My main issues is trying to resolve the old lore (Eternia and Etheria being "brother worlds") to the new one. It seems very likely that Eternia was destroyed in the universe Etheria originally came from in the newest She-Ra.

If not, as you said, the best they probably could do once Etheria was lost was defend themselves from the Horde somewhere far away from the Etherian system. They could thus be the last of their kind.

Another possibility is that in an alternate universe Etheria and the Horde were destroyed and Eternia remains in the same system Etheria is from and that universe (where the First Ones won the war) is where Adora hails from and is where her family is.

If they are going to remain in the same system as twin planets, it's going to need an explanation given the events of season 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Indagare View Post
    Usually Etheria and Eternia are in the same system, but this doesn't seem to be the case in the new series. While we know how and why Etheria ended up in Despondos (and returned) and that Hordak is also from that same dimension, it's less clear if Adora also is (her coming through a portal isn't enough to say that the portal lead to the same dimension that Hordak and Etheria are from).

If anyone thinks she is from the same dimension as Hordak and Etheria, where would you say Eternia is during all this? It seems pretty obvious that the Horde caused the Eternians on Etheria to evacuate, but did Horde Prime destroy their world in that reality (it could be argued since he stated the one dish was from a world similar to Etheria that's now destroyed) or could something else have happened to Eternia (possibly also dimensionally shunted)?

Its implied in the classic 80,s one that Eternia and Etheria are in separate dimensions . Adora is not from the same dimension she was born on Eternia . Eternia is supposedly a small planet in the centre of the universe lets call it the prime material plane .

No i dont think horde prime destroyed Eternia ever . I think the Eternian colonists on Etheria evacuated back to Eternia .

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Its implied in the classic 80,s one that Eternia and Etheria are in separate dimensions . Adora is not from the same dimension she was born on Eternia . Eternia is supposedly a small planet in the centre of the universe lets call it the prime material plane .

No i dont think horde prime destroyed Eternia ever . I think the Eternian colonists on Etheria evacuated back to Eternia .
    The wiki says that for the 80's incarnation they orbited the same star on opposite sides. The newer one is less clear on the matter. We know Eternia did exist since it's mentioned a couple times and is where (presumably) all the First Ones on Etheria evacuated to. We don't know if it's like the original series where they share/shared the same orbit or if they were on other sides of the universe or what.

It's pretty obvious in Season 5 that if Eternia is still around it's not able/willing to aid Etheria when the Horde surrounds it.

In the new series there is a scene which shows Etheria out of the Eternian nursery window - presumably baby Adora seeing it. Which implies that they started off in the same dimension, in the same solar system even. My theory has always been that Adora was pulled through time and space to Etheria in Despondos - meaning that when Etheria is returned to the greater universe Eternia has been destroyed by the Horde. Also though it can be interpreted that the First Ones are from Primus, as OG Mara is from Primus and conceivably in this continuity the First Ones could be from there too (having of course originated on Eternia) and that Eternia is still out there somewhere (at the centre of the universe?)
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...