Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dune (2020)

Dune (2020)

This one looks visually stunning and i'm a fan of the books! i like the use of Pink Floyd's Eclipse for this trailer and Denis is a talented director who knows his stuff.

I disliked the last 2 attempts to bring the book to life as a movie, but this looks like it will make up for them for any fan of he novel.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Master of New Adventures!
    Imo, from what I can see it's a continuation of the most boring, self-absorbed and coma-inducing film ever made.

But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9xh...GYBetqQogvzSjU

This one looks visually stunning and i'm a fan of the books! i like the use of Pink Floyd's Eclipse for this trailer and Denis is a talented director who knows his stuff.

I disliked the last 2 attempts to bring the book to life as a movie, but this looks like it will make up for them for any fan of he novel.

I loved the first few Dune books. None of the movies quite captured the books. This looks promising!

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Well, it certainly looks better than the David Lynch atrocity. I liked the Sci-Fy channel's version best, so I'll give this one a chance.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Iím a fan of the Lynch version, Iím looking forward to watching this though.

Heroic Warrior
    i was only 4 when the '84 version came out and remember enjoying when i watched it with my dad when i was like 10. i have never read the novels so didn't really know what i was comparing it to. this new version is on my watchlist when it comes out. i mean i will wait for streaming or dvd, not a lot i will pay cinema prices for nowadays

Been some times since I read the books, does look more promising than the previous iterations. I know that people hope more of the books get made into film, it's just some of the later books don't really work well with film.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I haven't read the books but I seen the original movie and was not impressed with it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Imo, from what I can see it's a continuation of the most boring, self-absorbed and coma-inducing film ever made.

I have seen worse moee boring movies than the original.

I've never managed to finish the book. I'm neutral on the Lynch film.

Maybe I'll like this?

Heroic Warrior
    i'm quite excited for this one.. I Have always been a huge fan of the Lynch versions . This is looking good!
    nope

Meh. It definitely follows the Lynch movie's tone.

Jodorowsky's Dune was going to be super colorful but Villeneuve has adopted the Lynch version of everything being black. Atreides house colors are black. The Fremen outfits are black. The Harkonnen colors are also black. We couldíve switched that up a bit...

I've always thought the DUNE books should've been treated like GAME OF THRONES and given a lengthy HBO series.

Jason Momoa (Aquaman) plays Duncan Idaho in this movie. For this role he looks different for being clean-shaven and short-haired.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post

I agree with this 100%. I was ten in 1984 came out, but I remember renting it and being very bored by it. I don't look forward to this one at all.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9xh...GYBetqQogvzSjU

Yeah the use of Pink Floyd caught my ear too since they originally wanted Pink Floyd to write the music for the original movie.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I agree with this 100%. I was ten in 1984 came out, but I remember renting it and being very bored by it. I don't look forward to this one at all.
    Have you ever read the book?

mcfarlane is doing the figures.

They look good but suffer from too similar designs.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Looking forward to the movie as well.

Lynch's version is...okay.
    Sy-Fy's versions were better.

Third times' a charm?
    Let's hope?

I think Denis V. Is a great director. I'm looking forward to this.

Haven't read the books.

I used to dislike Lynch's version. But I watched it again in a theater this year and really enjoyed it. Dino Dilaurentis ruined the film by cutting it down from a movie that should have spanned 2 or 3 films into 2 hours. It could never have worked as a narrative film with only 2 hours. But it can work as a weird, visually stunning bizarro experience.

I couldn't make it through SyFys take on it.

I just came back from it! go see it! i'm a fan of the books since i was 12 and always felt David Lynch's movie was a misfire and a disappointment as it felt like a Lynch movie than a Dune movie, Lynch is best suited to do independent art films than big budget attempts at blockbusters (despite he did Elephant Man which was quite good and was an independent production distributed by a big studio). The Sci-fi miniseries i was always iffy on but now we have a spectacular new adaptation of Frank Herbert's classic sci-fi book which influenced everything from Star Wars to Avatar (one of the influences) to The Matrix and more.

It's a slowburn of a movie but hey, if anyone has read the book will know it's a slowburn novel too. But delivers amazing visuals that uses practical model work, some CGI, real locations, and great performances and good solid direction. It's the first part of a 2 part big screen mini-series and with the major success of this movie at the box-office, it looks like they will greenlight part 2 so we can see how it concludes.

One of the better movies i've seen this year.

We just attempted to watch it and made it almost halfway through before turning it off and switching to something else that is actually interesting. But hey I got a nice short nap in that time frame.

Well i saw it and it was nothing short of spectacular.

It is to scifi what LOTR is to fantasy.

I can't wait for part 2 ASAP.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Well i saw it and it was nothing short of spectacular.

It is to scifi what LOTR is to fantasy.

I can't wait for part 2 ASAP.
    I agree and the original book is the LOTR of Sci-fi books afterall! and do you think this succeeded where the previous attempts to adapt Frank Herbert's influential sci-fi novel failed?

The movie is a hit in theaters, so now there is talks of doing part 2 to see where it concludes.

Heroic Warrior
    I watched it on HBO Max and really enjoyed it. Years ago I tried reading the book but got bored and stopped reading it. But the movie was really engaging to me and beautiful to watch. I think I am going to go back and try to read the first book again, or at least listen to the audiobook. Really looking forward to part 2 or the movie!

ĎDuneí Sequel Greenlighted By Legendary & Warner Bros; Pic Will Get Theatrical Window In October 2023

It what comes as no surprise, the sequel for Dune finally has been greenlighted for a October 20, 2023 theatrical release with director, producer and co-screenwriter Denis Villeneuve returning.

The key word here is theatrical. We understand that a key point of negotiations between Legendary and Warner Bros was that Dune: Part Two would be given a pure theatrical window; no day-and-date HBO Max release plan is in the mix for this cinema spectacle.

https://deadline.com/2021/10/dune-se...se-1234862383/