Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 195

Thread: Wonder Woman 1984 Delayed Until December

  1. #151
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Trolling again I see.
    For you I make an exception...

  2. #152
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,148
    Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    Yes, I would have gone to see it at the pictures if that was possible so initially I had no problem paying for it, I don’t buy dvds anymore either so I’d have saved a quid if I’d bought it on blu ray.
    I haven't seen a movie at the cinema since Avengers: Endgame, which I really enjoyed.

    After the reviews of the movie I doubt I would have bothered going to see Wonder Woman 1984.

    It's just £16 to rent a movie seems very expensive. Quite different from several years ago when you could rent a VHS or DVD for about £2.
    Last edited by Mark M; January 17, 2021 at 03:23pm.

  3. #153
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I haven't seen a movie at the cinema since Avengers: Endgame, which I really enjoyed.

    After the reviews of the movie I doubt I would have bothered going to see Wonder Woman 1984.

    It's just £16 to rent a movie seems very expensive. Quite different from several years ago when you could rent a VHS or DVD for about £2.
    You can definitely not find on some streaming sites across the internet

  4. #154
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I haven't seen a movie at the cinema since Avengers: Endgame, which I really enjoyed.

    After the reviews of the movie I doubt I would have bothered going to see Wonder Woman 1984.

    It's just £16 to rent a movie seems very expensive. Quite different from several years ago when you could rent a VHS or DVD for about £2.
    I saw it for free because I had HBO and I still feel like someone owes me money back....

  5. #155
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    7,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I haven't seen a movie at the cinema since Avengers: Endgame, which I really enjoyed.

    After the reviews of the movie I doubt I would have bothered going to see Wonder Woman 1984.

    It's just £16 to rent a movie seems very expensive. Quite different from several years ago when you could rent a VHS or DVD for about £2.
    I never bother with reviews or critics. I make up my own mind.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  6. #156
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,148
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    You can definitely not find on some streaming sites across the internet
    A use a good site that has pretty much every movie. They had Wonder Woman the day after it was on HBO.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I saw it for free because I had HBO and I still feel like someone owes me money back....
    LOL. Get you are glad you dodnt pay for it. I seen a video of someone who bought a lot of the WW 1984 toys and after seeing the movieregretted buying most of the toys.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I never bother with reviews or critics. I make up my own mind.
    Yeah you can't trust some critics.
    Have you seen the movie yet?

  7. #157
    ‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I never bother with reviews or critics. I make up my own mind.
    Most of the time before you even see it!

  8. #158
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    LOL. Get you are glad you dodnt pay for it. I seen a video of someone who bought a lot of the WW 1984 toys and after seeing the movieregretted buying most of the toys.
    You mean the one where the woman just throws the figure away in disgust...

  9. #159
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    7,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Most of the time before you even see it!
    I usually know what I will like beforehand, it's true, and it's very rare I am disappointed. I try and look for the good in all things, that is my nature.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  10. #160
    Heroic Warrior Lokus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    478
    I watched it yesterday ....

    If you don't think about it , it's an okay dare I say entertaining movie ?

    If you do sit down and think it over , you will be falling in a very very deep rabbit hole Alice .

  11. #161
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    You mean the one where the woman just throws the figure away in disgust...
    Yeah I think that video was actually posted on this thread.

  12. #162
    Master of Physics VZX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,687
    Here's hoping the next couple of DC sequels to prior great DC movies do not crash and burn like WW84.

    The first Wonder Woman movie was a quick rewrite of the third act away from being in the top five superhero movies of all time. WW84 is trash.

    I loved the Shazam and Aquaman movies and am fearful their sequels might be as bad as WW84.

    DC movie history does not offer much hope: I really liked Man of Steel (except the third act again), but it's sequel (Batman V Superman) was also horrid rubbish. What gives me a little hope is that The Dark Knight, sequel to Batman Begins, is actually better than it's first movie, which were both amazing movies. BUT Dark Knight Rises was trash again. Going back to the first Superman movie series from 1979 on: the first was really good (again a third act failure), the second was better but with problems, and then the third and fourth were trash. Tim Burton's Batman was a great take, Batman Returns was better, but the next two movies in that series were trash again.

    It's like if a DC movie series starts off well, it's not allowed to make a good sequel. It's just some new law of physics or something. The DC film series quality sometimes holds for the second movie, but then the following movies are destined to fail. So maybe DC should stop making sequels?
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

  13. #163
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    7,000
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Here's hoping the next couple of DC sequels to prior great DC movies do not crash and burn like WW84.

    The first Wonder Woman movie was a quick rewrite of the third act away from being in the top five superhero movies of all time. WW84 is trash.

    I loved the Shazam and Aquaman movies and am fearful their sequels might be as bad as WW84.

    DC movie history does not offer much hope: I really liked Man of Steel (except the third act again), but it's sequel (Batman V Superman) was also horrid rubbish. What gives me a little hope is that The Dark Knight, sequel to Batman Begins, is actually better than it's first movie, which were both amazing movies. BUT Dark Knight Rises was trash again. Going back to the first Superman movie series from 1979 on: the first was really good (again a third act failure), the second was better but with problems, and then the third and fourth were trash. Tim Burton's Batman was a great take, Batman Returns was better, but the next two movies in that series were trash again.

    It's like if a DC movie series starts off well, it's not allowed to make a good sequel. It's just some new law of physics or something. The DC film series quality sometimes holds for the second movie, but then the following movies are destined to fail. So maybe DC should stop making sequels?
    I completely disagree, all the DC movies have been absolutely amazing in my opinion.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  14. #164
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    326
    I would have to agree that DC struggle to make great movies. I can never put my finger on why though. Sometimes itís over telling of story which adds nothing and should be left on the cutting room floor, others it the unbelievable amount of destruction caused by the heroes, then some are just too dark. But they do make some pretty good tv shows. I always liked smallville

  15. #165
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,544
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    I would have to agree that DC struggle to make great movies. I can never put my finger on why though. Sometimes itís over telling of story which adds nothing and should be left on the cutting room floor, others it the unbelievable amount of destruction caused by the heroes, then some are just too dark. But they do make some pretty good tv shows. I always liked smallville
    Because they had NO plan when they made these films..plain and simple.....

  16. #166
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,488
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    I would have to agree that DC struggle to make great movies. I can never put my finger on why though. Sometimes itís over telling of story which adds nothing and should be left on the cutting room floor, others it the unbelievable amount of destruction caused by the heroes, then some are just too dark. But they do make some pretty good tv shows. I always liked smallville
    To me it's because so many of the characters (beyond Batman) are usually so ridiculously powerful, they're hard to write for. It's hard to tell a relatable story for characters that are nearly invincible and planet splitting strong.

    Marvel does a great job of knocking back their characters powers and showing them fail. That's what makes the movies IMO. I HATE the way they treated the Hulk in the MCU. But honestly, if they held him to comic book status, who could have stopped him? He'd be like Superman at the end of JL. The big bad guy is a joke.

    I just feel like the writers for DC are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Do you make a movie about a watered down Superman because it's easier to write? Or do you give the fans what they want with a "real" Superman who leaves you with very little to threaten him with without a world destroying god-like character involved?
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

  17. #167
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    3,913
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Here's hoping the next couple of DC sequels to prior great DC movies do not crash and burn like WW84.

    The first Wonder Woman movie was a quick rewrite of the third act away from being in the top five superhero movies of all time. WW84 is trash.

    I loved the Shazam and Aquaman movies and am fearful their sequels might be as bad as WW84.

    DC movie history does not offer much hope: I really liked Man of Steel (except the third act again), but it's sequel (Batman V Superman) was also horrid rubbish. What gives me a little hope is that The Dark Knight, sequel to Batman Begins, is actually better than it's first movie, which were both amazing movies. BUT Dark Knight Rises was trash again. Going back to the first Superman movie series from 1979 on: the first was really good (again a third act failure), the second was better but with problems, and then the third and fourth were trash. Tim Burton's Batman was a great take, Batman Returns was better, but the next two movies in that series were trash again.

    It's like if a DC movie series starts off well, it's not allowed to make a good sequel. It's just some new law of physics or something. The DC film series quality sometimes holds for the second movie, but then the following movies are destined to fail. So maybe DC should stop making sequels?
    I agree and it's kind of mindboggling. My theory is that nobody has any idea what to do with the DC characters. They have ONE story... and that's their origin story. Once they tell the origin they have no direction with what to do next. Wonder Woman has had her origin retold in everything from JL cartoon, the movie, the animated movie, they went back to it in the NEXT animated movie Gods and monsters I think it was? Seriously... there HAS to be something you can do with her after she gets off the island...

    Batman has fared a little better over the years... but they still find a way to shoehorn the waynes in Crime Alley in nearly every appearance...


    Compared to even early marvel I always considered the Sequels to be BETTER than the originals BECAUSE we had gotten past the origin and introduction and could spend more time on the actual plot... Blade II, Spider-man 2, X-2, I thought they were all better than the first because as a comic fan I KNEW the backstory like the back of my hand... but DC just can't get that memo...

  18. #168
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    7,014
    I shut Aquaman off after about 20 or so minutes. Absolutely awful - terrible effects, acting, plot/dialogue.

  19. #169
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,219
    Spider-man Homecoming set a great precedent in regards to origin stories.

    DC characters also have a lot of fans who often don't know anything about the characters at all (maybe their origin story, maybe what you kind figure out from their nicknames). I still call them fans because if you spend that amount of money on memorabilia. This is especially true of Batman, Superman, and Wonderwoman.

    The reason DC focuses on their origin stories in an attempt to make them relatable because so many of them are on a higher power level.

    But look at what Marvel did with Thor in this third movie and in the infinity saga. They made him relatable and it wasn't because of any depowering they may or may not have done to him. Is his personality the same as it is in the comics? Again not really.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  20. #170
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,544
    Man this is GETTING old DC & MARVEL ARE the comic industry!!!! Have been for over 80 years!! Yes others have come along but these two ARE IT stop picking sides already people....I don't care if you hate Marvel and love DC or vice versa I LOVE grew up with BOTH (Keyword) and I can judge when something is bad and or good so if it's bad I don't care about the 2% that say it is fine what about the 98% that hates it....Stop already! Damnit!

    Since when can't we say something sucks without ******* someone off! Damnit!

    If people would have more than "One Sided" views than maybe this wouldn't be so stupid as it is picking sides...Most of the haters never read and or have read a comic book in YEARS and don't know ANY story except the movies.... That always get's me with "Joe Movie Watcher" wants to talk about something that they NOTHING about..
    Last edited by Megalodon; January 19, 2021 at 08:31pm.

  21. #171
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    7,000
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I shut Aquaman off after about 20 or so minutes. Absolutely awful - terrible effects, acting, plot/dialogue.
    Aquaman is one of the best DC movies ever, I saw it at the cinema twice and have seen it several times more on DVD. It is brilliant in every way.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  22. #172
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane-Man View Post
    That is impossible, Mikey said all DC films are amazing.
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

  23. #173
    ‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,997
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I shut Aquaman off after about 20 or so minutes. Absolutely awful - terrible effects, acting, plot/dialogue.
    When I was watching it, I kept thinking how much better Patrick Wilson would be as Aquaman than Jason Momoa.

  24. #174
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    3,913
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Spider-man Homecoming set a great precedent in regards to origin stories.

    DC characters also have a lot of fans who often don't know anything about the characters at all
    (maybe their origin story, maybe what you kind figure out from their nicknames). I still call them fans because if you spend that amount of money on memorabilia. This is especially true of Batman, Superman, and Wonderwoman.

    The reason DC focuses on their origin stories in an attempt to make them relatable because so many of them are on a higher power level.

    But look at what Marvel did with Thor in this third movie and in the infinity saga. They made him relatable and it wasn't because of any depowering they may or may not have done to him. Is his personality the same as it is in the comics? Again not really.
    I really don't believe that. EVERYONE knows superman's origin... Everyone knows Batman's origin. They've been done a billion times over to death. As far back as the 50's this was a summary that takes less than a minute and got everyone up to speed.



    Between that show, The Donner movies, Lois and Clark, 3-4 cartoon series, 10 years of Smallville, Man of Steel...
    They literally NEVER need to start over on Krypton again. We don't start Sherlock holmes over every time with him as a child studying books... We get right into the mystery. Spider-man 2 was able to recap the entire first movie during the opening credits... and that's a lot of what movies need to do more of.

    That said, now that really only applies to Batman and Superman. There are some who are legitimate mysteries even to the fans. Wonder Woman's origin can't stay the same even in the comics. Shazam and Aquaman are really first timers... They've been around forever, but nobody really knows their origins... that's legit. Gotta have the origin in the first movie..

    But now that we HAVE them... they need to tell something new and original and NOT retread the ground over and over again.. and honeslty, I'm a bit concerned that's what Black Adam is going to be. Wizard grants super powers to a mortal and he has to learn how to use them and how to be a 'hero'... and ultimatedly fail... but theres' a LOT of retreat threat there where he SHOULD have been the villian in Shazam's movie... instead of giving us Silvana but giving him all the mystical powerups... to make him more like Black Adam





    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I shut Aquaman off after about 20 or so minutes. Absolutely awful - terrible effects, acting, plot/dialogue.
    Well... gotta say you're wrong there. You can't judge a 2 1/2 hour movie on the plot after 20 minutes. You never even got TO the plot yet. Until SHAZAM came out, I do think Aquaman was the best of the DCEU movies. Took awhile to get rolling, but I loved the 3rd Act when he gets his 'real' costume.


    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    When I was watching it, I kept thinking how much better Patrick Wilson would be as Aquaman than Jason Momoa.
    And I'll say you're 100% right here! Never a big fan of Dark haired beared Aquaman... and I spent most of the movie wondering why his brother looked so much like the REAL aquaman Would have loved for them to switch roles!!

  25. #175
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    7,014
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Well... gotta say you're wrong there. You can't judge a 2 1/2 hour movie on the plot after 20 minutes. You never even got TO the plot yet. Until SHAZAM came out, I do think Aquaman was the best of the DCEU movies. Took awhile to get rolling, but I loved the 3rd Act when he gets his 'real' costume.
    Are you one of those guys who tells people how ___X MOVIE___ should be in their personal favorite Top Ten Movies of all Time?

    Yes, I should totally discard the first 20 or more minutes of a movie, no matter how badly or poorly it is executed.

    It's okay. I once desperately tried to convince myself that the Star Wars prequels are great movies. After all, I was a mega-Star Wars fan. They had to be great!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •