Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Wonder Woman 1984 Delayed Until December

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I agree that building up the character was a good idea. When done right, character development is an excellent thing that movies should strive for as a general rule. But there just wasn't much in the way of a solid transition from her looking like a regular human (with Diana's abilities), to suddenly being a humanoid cheetah. It was like in one scene she is human, then the next time we see her, she's a cheetah. And there wasn't anything more than an easily missed throw-away line of dialogue to explain it.
    And since he hasn't seen the movie yet, he doesn't realize the cheetah part of her transforming into Cheetah lasts like 10 minutes towards the ass-end of the film.

Comparing this to how Catwoman was woven brilliantly into Batman Returns is ridiculous.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Okay a few things.

1. In Justice League, Diana tells Bruce she cut herself off from the world for 100 years (give or take) so how was she doing Wonder Woman stuff in the 80s out in the open? Surely Bruce would have found it easier to prove she was some kind of immortal goddess like person when she was still doing her stuff 36 years ago instead of basing it on an old photo from WW1.

2. Why the heck does nobody in the present day seem to recall the time the whole world almost fell apart because someone had the magical power to grant everybody's wishes?

3. Why was the appearance of Superman in MoS and BvS seen as such a big deal when Wonder Woman, who also has super powers predated him by decades?

the movie simply adds plot holes to an already confused continuity

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Not repeating myself, since you will just ignore it. You think the DCEU is trash with no redeeming qualities. You think the only viable and worth time spent is the MCU. It's OK we all see your bias.

See I can say those things
    OK I see this is getting nowhere fast with no results...Only READING what you want to read and then ignoring everything else.... Now before I say something I might regret I'm going to bite my tongue and hit the ignore button because your just trolling and have NOT a clue so goodbye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Okay a few things.

1. In Justice League, Diana tells Bruce she cut herself off from the world for 100 years (give or take) so how was she doing Wonder Woman stuff in the 80s out in the open? Surely Bruce would have found it easier to prove she was some kind of immortal goddess like person when she was still doing her stuff 36 years ago instead of basing it on an old photo from WW1.

2. Why the heck does nobody in the present day seem to recall the time the whole world almost fell apart because someone had the magical power to grant everybody's wishes?

3. Why was the appearance of Superman in MoS and BvS seen as such a big deal when Wonder Woman, who also has super powers predated him by decades?

See this is what I'm saying people seem to accept and forget this garbage...
    Last edited by Megalodon; January 2, 2021 at 02:13pm.

The World in MoS - "OMG, there is a guy who is super strong and can fly. We have been shown that there are people out there with amazing powers. If only we didn't already know that from that time in 1984 when a woman who was also super strong and could fly saved the entire world from a Wishmageddon which also proved to us that actual magic exists. Maybe then this guy with lasers coming out of his eyes might seem a little more impressive, now he is just kinda... been there, done that"

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    OK I see this is getting nowhere fast with no results...Only READING what you want to read and then ignoring everything else.... Now before I say something I might regret I'm going to bite my tongue and hit the ignore button because your just trolling and have NOT a clue so goodbye.

- - - Updated - - -

See this is what I'm saying people seem to accept and forget this garbage...
    Give it a seven out of a ten.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Co-Creator of the NV
    I'd give it a 5/10.

It was reasonably entertaining, and the concept was pretty decent. However, I think that the script needed some heavy polishing and a few rewrites in order to smooth out the plot holes.

I'll give WW84 a 4/10. The performances of Chris Pine, Gal Gadot, and Pedro Pascal were fantastic (Kristin Wiig was horribly mis-cast). I also really enjoyed the entire mall action scene in the beginning. Other than that, I loathed the rest of the movie.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    And it has fallen a couple of more points on the Rotten Tomatoes Critical Score to 61%. It is hovering very close to becoming “rotten”. This is quite a disappointing scenario for a sequel to the most well received movie (critically and audience-wise) of the DCEU...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Okay a few things.

yep... the 1984 scenario is one of the biggest issues, and really it added nothing to it. Nothing about that story needed to be told in the 80's, and doing so messed with their timeline.

And to be fair... the 80's didn't have much in the way of video and security and she was shown to be destroying those when she acted... but if she didn't want to be seen, why not just go in street clothes like her ancestor?! So the idea that there was no record of her but strange crazy sounding witnesses is almost plausable... but why wear a costume if you don't want to be noticed...

I love the wacky silver age style plot... but yeah, it wasn't done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    This made me lol, a lot.

After listening to this, you really wonder who is proof-reading these scripts for consistency... or, just to ensure that it makes sense.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This made me lol, a lot.

After listening to this, you really wonder who is proof-reading these scripts for consistency... or, just to ensure that it makes sense.
    Glad you liked it. All of those Pitch Meeting videos are pretty funny.

This is the only true Dreamstone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jmC4g_RoKw

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    And Wonder Woman 84’s critical rating on Rotten Tomatoes is now at 60%. Only 1 more percentage point drop and it will become “rotten”...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wonder_woman_1984
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    You are correct, Marvel Studios will most likely be the first to showcase a live-action multiverse on the big screen...
    You are correct, the multiverse will feature in dr strange and the multiverse of madness

I like the first film but found this really dissapointing, it certainly wasn’t worth the 16 quid I spent renting it.

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    I like the first film but found this really dissapointing, it certainly wasn’t worth the 16 quid I spent renting it.
    You actually paid £16 to rent it. When it comes out DVD it will be like £10.
    You should have just downloaded it for free off the internet.

When Wonder Woman 1984 comes out on DVD, I am BUYING it for my collection!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    And Wonder Woman 84’s critical rating on Rotten Tomatoes is now at 60%. Only 1 more percentage point drop and it will become “rotten”...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wonder_woman_1984
    I will say that on a second viewing, many of the short-falls with this film are made even more apparent...

Sometimes, a poor movie can be tolerated if there are good action sequences between the hum-drum... unfortunately, this is where WW84 falls short the most.

Though, I still love the Little Diana scene!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    You actually paid £16 to rent it. When it comes out DVD it will be like £10.
    You should have just downloaded it for free off the internet.
    Yes, I would have gone to see it at the pictures if that was possible so initially I had no problem paying for it, I don’t buy dvds anymore either so I’d have saved a quid if I’d bought it on blu ray.

I will say that on a second viewing, many of the short-falls with this film are made even more apparent...

Sometimes, a poor movie can be tolerated if there are good action sequences between the hum-drum... unfortunately, this is where WW84 falls short the most.

Though, I still love the Little Diana scene!
    Nope redundant

End credit scene was the ONLY things that I liked and or made sense

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Surprise Surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Nope redundant

End credit scene was the ONLY things that I liked and or made sense

- - - Updated - - -

Surprise Surprise...
    Trolling again I see.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

First of all, nothing's wrong with that? you made your decision to buy it.

second: Why not Blu-Ray? or even some High quality 4k technology, with maybe 60 frame per second? I'm not saying it is old but people generally want better fidelity, especially visual

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    First of all, nothing's wrong with that? you made your decision to buy it.

second: Why not Blu-Ray? or even some High quality 4k technology, with maybe 60 frame per second? I'm not saying it is old but people generally want better fidelity, especially visual
    I actually have both DVD and Blu-Ray but I just have a habit of saying DVD on its own.

I actually have both DVD and Blu-Ray but I just have a habit of saying DVD on its own.
    Okay, totally make sense. Yeah, I get it to be honest, certain format will give you nostalgia or having pride collecting those. I should have done the same with my cassette collections.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.