Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HeroQuest board game

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Got the notice this morning that my game has "shipped" (I wonder how long it will sit before actually moving) and is, supposedly, going to arrive next Tuesday. Of course this is arriving right as peak season arrives at work and it will be at least January before I can really spend any time with it...

Wow... Didn't realize a year had passed...
    I don't think it will take too long. Honestly, even with the back up on shipping... 'Off the ship, past customs, and sitting in our warehouse' is like 90% of the delays. The fact that they have in hand is a massively great sign.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I don't think it will take too long. Honestly, even with the back up on shipping... 'Off the ship, past customs, and sitting in our warehouse' is like 90% of the delays. The fact that they have in hand is a massively great sign.
    No, no... I just meant how long it's going to sit before FedEx moves it. When I order stuff from work through their eBay sites it will get picked and packed the same day but it will either sit on the dock at work for a week or it will travel to the Cincinnati area right away and then sit there for a week.
    My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

My set will be here Sunday! I am really excited!

I love we are getting the stretch goals that we did not actually meet, the extra gargoyle and the dragon campaign!

However, they NEVER mentioned us getting that extra gargoyle until someone did an unboxing yesterday and pointed it out.

Since I backed it on 11/1/20 to 11/7/21, when the set will arrive, i received 4 emails, including my order confirmation one about this campaign.

That is NOT enough communication over a year for projects.

If this was a small company on kickstarter they would have been raked over the coals and no one would probably support their next project but Hasbro can't be bothered to give regular updates on their haslab projects. Give the job to an intern

Hell, I get probably 8 emails a week from hasbro trying to sell me crap. The could make 1 haslab email a month a status of each project would be good enough but even positive things, which would be definitely newsworthy are told to us.
    cogito ergo doleo

Just got notification mine has shipped. Can't wait to see it fully in action.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Same here canít wait

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, it's nice that we're getting the unmet stretches though I kind of wish the bard had been part of those bonuses.

Congrats to those who are getting them. Mine says it should be here on Tuesday but it's been sitting in Chino, CA since early Wednesday morning with no movement...

Soon... soon...

- - - Updated - - -

So... Tracking showed the box in Chino, CA starting very early last Wednesday morning and that's where it was still sitting when I went to bed last night. Got the pending delivery and delivered notices while I was at work today. Heavy shipping box with a second shipper inside of it. One big box for the core game, one for the "Mythic" extras and two boxes for the expansions and corresponding minis. Wednesday is going to be inspect and inventory day!
    My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Mine was delayed to today and man is it just as great as I remember if not better.
    cogito ergo doleo

I haven't received an shipping notice for my order yet. I am jealous of the fans receiving theirs already.

After a bunch of rigamarole with FedEx, I'm proud to say my mythic tier HeroQuest has finally arrived. And I am quite happy.

Got my shipping notice a few days ago from Zavvi, they said all orders will be posted by the 25th of November.

Barely a week into owning this game and already new characters are being introduced in the Knight Champions.

That's my copy arrived in UK from Zavvi, and it looks amazing. Can't wait to crack open the books and then have a game of it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Barely a week into owning this game and already new characters are being introduced in the Knight Champions.
    Just found out about those... Would've been nice if Hasbro had let backers know that was coming. Hopefully more will be available when the pre-orders ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Just found out about those... Would've been nice if Hasbro had let backers know that was coming. Hopefully more will be available when the pre-orders ship.
    You can still buy them at bigbadtoystore
    cogito ergo doleo

It's interesting to play this version of HeroQuest, as I am only familiar with the original UK game, which has slightly different rules.

Enemies had fewer body points, there were no villain spells, and the first quest in the US game ("The Trial") is completely different. I honestly prefer the first quest from the old UK edition ("The Maze"), which served as a nice easy introduction for new players. The Trial is far too difficult, much harder than the subsequent quests, and I recommend moving it to later in the campaign, as beating it with starting equipment is very tough.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    It's interesting to play this version of HeroQuest, as I am only familiar with the original UK game, which has slightly different rules.

Enemies had fewer body points, there were no villain spells, and the first quest in the US game ("The Trial") is completely different. I honestly prefer the first quest from the old UK edition ("The Maze"), which served as a nice easy introduction for new players. The Trial is far too difficult, much harder than the subsequent quests, and I recommend moving it to later in the campaign, as beating it with starting equipment is very tough.
    There were two different UK editions, one had The Trial, one had The Maze (there were also different equipment cards in the armory, the bracers and a shield I think). But you are right The Maze is a better intro. Not only is it easier as a first play, but The Trial shows you every monster type. Maze lets you gradually introduce them as the story progresses.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post

To be fair though... that's kind of the point and even calls it out in the intro. It's designed to show the players they need team work and strategy to succeed.

So far I've run it twice now. Once with sister's 3 kids age 8-14. Not the best teamwork.... some poor/greedy decisions and a TPK. Played it a week later with my adult RPG friends... One death, and only about 5 hp spread between the other 3 players but they won.

Being an Aussie I didn't order this new game unfortunately, thought I did grab the basic version of the new one from BBTS.

Was happy to hear they are looking into the classic expansions like Frozen Terror.

My parents gave me this game back when it came out (I would have been about 8), though it was rarely played in my house so it is still in pretty good condition. Last year I bought some paints & painted the minis. I was very happy with them considering they were the first minis I've painted. Bought a reproduction of the Female Barbarian as that set never came out in Australia.

Nice looking minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Artistix View Post
    My parents gave me this game back when it came out (I would have been about 8), though it was rarely played in my house so it is still in pretty good condition. Last year I bought some paints & painted the minis. I was very happy with them considering they were the first minis I've painted. Bought a reproduction of the Female Barbarian as that set never came out in Australia.
    Those do look quite nice.

--------------

I just received my Heroquest game today. I haven't had time to fully explore every bit of it, but so far I have no regrets backing this.

I always thought Heroquest was one of the greatest board games ever. It's just so cool.

Getting an updated version of Heroequest, with both expansions was a dream come true.

I'm hoping to enjoy this new one for years to come.

I have to ask for all who had Hero Quest back in the day: Did any of you also have either Dragon Strike or Battle Masters?

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    I have to ask for all who had Hero Quest back in the day: Did any of you also have either Dragon Strike or Battle Masters?
    I wanted Battle Masters but I was never able to get it.

Never heard of Dragon Strike.

I do still have my Key to the Kingdom Board game. I actually played that more with friends than I did Hero Quest.

Heroic Warrior
    I looked into getting this, but I really didn't like the art style, so I bought extra copies of the original. That, and I have Zombicide Black Plague and Green Horde and Massive Darkness, so no real reason to get more minis. I've been meaning to make HQ style stats for all of my CMON minis.

Hope y'all enjoy it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I wanted Battle Masters but I was never able to get it.

Never heard of Dragon Strike.

I do still have my Key to the Kingdom Board game. I actually played that more with friends than I did Hero Quest.
    Battle Masters was fun, but a pain to set up.

Dragon Strike was pretty much the same game as Hero Quest, except it had two boards and four "dungeons," and the quests were timed (don't finish them in enough turns, the titular dragon got released and could crush the heroes). For some reason it got worse reviews than Hero Quest though.

I just ask because I had all three and was wondering how anyone else thought they compared, especially with HQ being released again.