Thread: Seeking help for developing fan material set in 1987 movie universe/canon

Seeking help for developing fan material set in 1987 movie universe/canon

Hi All... after the recent announcement of DC's Reeve and Keaton Supes/Bats universes being made into comicbook series, I thought it was time to humbly ask around here to see if a bunch of work I did for a past fan project could be salvaged with a partnership with someone else who could aid in MOTU canon streamlining brainstorming as well as some kind of technical and/or artistic contribution....

Here's what I wrote to someone privately to describe where I'm coming from:

I basically was looking to see if you were interested in seeing this draft of a MOTU '87 sequel/toy pitch I had put time into a while back to see if there's any kind of fan-fic potential you might see in it.

The material I currently have is: some rough scripts, toy concepts and a lot of outlines for episodic ongoing stories set in the Goddard-verse with the easter-eggs that would address expectations of the more hardcore MOTU fans, not merely of the movie, but overall MOTU.

I really thought that with your layout skills and editing skills that if you were interested in creating something creative involving the MOTU lore from the Goddard inspired universe that you might want to collaborate putting something together.

I'm the type of guy who approaches projects with an "outside of the box" mindset to accomplish goals with any given project... and my goal with this is to do something (whatever that something is) that would make use of all this stuff that's just lying around unseen that I think fans would get a kick out of if it was developed a bit more and presented in the right way.

Anyway... again, thank you for your time... and if you want to give me an email addy to send the image (that I attempted to describe in my previous message), then please do, and I'll send you the more involved draft then what I'd end up posting in the potential thread to see what the .org thought I should do.

So instead of asking this one particular gentleman this question.... I now open it up to you all... with a couple images below to show some of what I've done so far.

Thanks for your time and consideration!

2021 MOTU2 org pitch BIO Teela Na sample.png

2021 MOTU2 org pitch BIO SONGSTERS sample.jpg

2021 MOTU2 org pitch PLOT sample.jpg
    This is a link to a YT channel "Dez360" --- a toy-related show I help with... and here's a link to a He-Man parody video Living In Eternia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPmYGVhilGw&t=68s
    GOOD JOURNEY, ORGERS!

Tune Armory Songstress? Wow! Courtney Cox's character in the Masters of the Universe movie becomes her alter ego and how could this be possible?
    Last edited by Neophron; February 23, 2021 at 11:54pm.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

I think I have some concept art saved somewhere for the OG movie, though you can probably find it on pinterest. i read the original script back in the day which was fun. Explained that He-Man's mother was from Earth and that Eternians are descendants of humanity from the future. also additional characters were mentioned (sadly none from the Filmation series) also a brief visit to Snake Mountain. would have been fun to see onscreen but budget didn't permit. A couple years ago I put together some thoughts regarding a rebooted cartoon set in the Goddardverse but incorporating elements from the other lore - thought it would have been fun. Did a couple doodles of my interpretation of the Live Action characters as cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    Tune Armory Songstress? Wow! Courtney Cox's character in the Masters of the Universe movie becomes her alter ego and how could this be possible?
    Thanks for noticing Julie's "progression"... not sure if there's a language barrier or not, but as far as the explanation of her alter ego, I attempted explaining it in the bio... the more unclear the explanation, the more you can see I need help!

I have bios for tons of characters as they exist in the Goddard-verse.... many of them that were actually in the 1987 movie have very "1987 movie" sequel-connected bios.

Most of the characters story arcs are directly inspired from fan discussion of MOTU '87 over the years... like the time/dimension-paradox of Julie & Kevin's travels... an arc that directly inspired Julie/Kevin becoming permanent Eternian citizens.

The first eight (or so) episodes are about a movies worth of stories and are essentially centered around Skeletor's promise as per the last line of the post-credits of the 1987 movie ... Skeletor's "I'll be back."

By the way... I was calling that first "Goddardverse" group of stories Masters Of The Universe 2: Skeletor In Shadows but Masters Of The Universe 2: Skeletor's Vow seems like a good name too now that I think about it Eviul-Lyn serves as the anti-hero of those stories (as opposed to Kevin, Julie or He-Man).

I also wrote two stories that center around Scareglow as the anti-hero (and Melaktha as his adversary).... as well as one centered on Evilseed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Moon View Post
    I think I have some concept art saved somewhere for the OG movie, though you can probably find it on pinterest.
    For my due-diligence that I felt I owed my writing partner(s) and MOTU '87 fans, I studied the heck out of the Internet for Goddard-era info... including hunting down as much of that Stout art and set design as I could, and incorporating it when I could.

i read the original script back in the day which was fun. Explained that He-Man's mother was from Earth and that Eternians are descendants of humanity from the future. also additional characters were mentioned (sadly none from the Filmation series) also a brief visit to Snake Mountain. would have been fun to see onscreen but budget didn't permit.
    It would have been nice to have seen that stuff more injected in the actual 1987 movie.... I likely would have enjoyed it more. I think the '87 movie is okay, but on this "MOTU2" project, I looked at working with stories set within the Goddard-universe as an opportunity to truly weave the more familiar He-Man/MOTU lore into it that was (arguably) missing from the original movie.

A couple years ago I put together some thoughts regarding a rebooted cartoon set in the Goddardverse but incorporating elements from the other lore - thought it would have been fun. Did a couple doodles of my interpretation of the Live Action characters as cartoons.
    I'm looking for motivated collaborators who would like to fine-tune the stories I've been hinting at.

If you or anyone else has a clear idea of how they can collaborate with what they can bring to this table or want to discuss that possibility in doing this kind of thing through e-mails and/or phone calls, etc. please PM me.

Gratitude ... and Good Journey!
    Last edited by Webstor's Ghost; February 26, 2021 at 03:50pm.
    This is a link to a YT channel "Dez360" --- a toy-related show I help with... and here's a link to a He-Man parody video Living In Eternia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPmYGVhilGw&t=68s
    GOOD JOURNEY, ORGERS!