Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Surgery

More Surgery

I just received the upsetting news that I have to face more surgery on my feet next week, and possibly have another toe removed and there may be complications with the fracture in my right foot. I am so disheartened by this and sometimes I wonder if being here is even worth it anymore, I'm so sick and tired of losing parts of myself, figuratively and literally. My writing and work is suffering because of the depression. I try and keep positive and upbeat, and enjoy my DVD's, books and music as well as my sister and the kittens, but it's becoming increasingly hard to do.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Oh no, Mikey. I'm so sorry to hear this. You are so consistently positive and it is sad to see that being strained. Please hang in there. You have many friends and well wishers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    Oh no, Mikey. I'm so sorry to hear this. You are so consistently positive and it is sad to see that being strained. Please hang in there. You have many friends and well wishers.

Thankyou so much KingRandorFacePalm, your kind words mean a lot to me, I look forward to getting to know you better and becoming friends with you. I did receive a message from Jane Wiedlin from The Go-Go's wishing me all the best. I knew if anyone understood, it would be Jane since she had her knees replaced a few years ago following an accident. She may have bionic knees, but her heart is genuine and uplifting. Her message was just what I needed, along with yours.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Mikey, it saddens me to hear this. Know that I am thinking of you in these trying times. A person's worth is not measured by how physically "whole" they are, you are as valuable as the next person. May your spirits be uplifted.
    Last edited by Iluvart; September 24, 2020 at 09:17am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I just received the upsetting news that I have to face more surgery on my feet next week, and possibly have another toe removed and there may be complications with the fracture in my right foot. I am so disheartened by this and sometimes I wonder if being here is even worth it anymore, I'm so sick and tired of losing parts of myself, figuratively and literally. My writing and work is suffering because of the depression. I try and keep positive and upbeat, and enjoy my DVD's, books and music as well as my sister and the kittens, but it's becoming increasingly hard to do.
    Sorry to hear Mikey. Best of luck to you. We're here to help cheer you up. Check out a docu on YouTube called "Finding Joe". It's a docu about Jospeh Campell and the Heroes journey. It's about an hour and twenty minutes. It will not only up lift you, it will also help you in your writing. I've turned to it often both both reasons.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s8nFACrLxr0

Give it a try for 5 min. If you’re not hooked by then, no need to watch it further. It will make you feel empowered with your illness and as an author.
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; September 24, 2020 at 10:26am.

I pray you'll soon be feeling better, Mikey.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"All you have is your fire, and the place you need to reach
    Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash"
    - Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

Heroic Warrior
    So sad that you have to go thru this damn crap
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Thankyou all for the kind words, friendship and support, it means a lot to me. I've just been feeling so down and despondent, I forgot that my body doesn't make me who I am, my heart, mind and soul do. I'm still afraid and sad this is still going on, and I really hope this is the last procedure I have to suffer through. I will not be sorry when 2020 is over, I just hope 2021 will be much kinder.

Sending positive vibes your way, Mikey!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Master of New Adventures!
    Prayers going out for you, Mikey. I went through a VERY rough patch health-wise late last year and into the first half of this year, so I can definitely empathize with you. I got a lot of support here and I know you will, too. This is the kind of tangential benefits of he-man.org. With all Val has to go through, I wish more orgers would thank him for this more often. We're here because of him.

Hang in there buddy, you have a ton of supporters. Sending you positive thoughts
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Chris here...

Iíve only just seen this and your email, Mikey my dear friend.....Iím SOOOOOOO sorry that youíre having to go through this! My thoughts, prayers & friendship are with you always. Iím here for you, my friend.

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan View Post
    Chris here...

Iíve only just seen this and your email, Mikey my dear friend.....Iím SOOOOOOO sorry that youíre having to go through this! My thoughts, prayers & friendship are with you always. Iím here for you, my friend.

Take care...
    Thankyou my friend and brother Chris, I truly appreciate your prayers and warm wishes as I do for everyone who has replied.

We may not see eye to eye on much, but I do admire your enthusiasm for everything you enjoy. I may not understand the intensity, but it's impressive.

If anybody can relentlessly plow through, it's you, Mikey. Best of luck. For the Honor of Grayskull, you have the power!
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Manis007 View Post
    We may not see eye to eye on much, but I do admire your enthusiasm for everything you enjoy. I may not understand the intensity, but it's impressive.

If anybody can relentlessly plow through, it's you, Mikey. Best of luck. For the Honor of Grayskull, you have the power!
    Thankyou for your kind words.

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this, Mikey. I know I rarely write here anymore (having a difficult time with the crisis in my country, Venezuela, and struggling with depression has kept me away the last few years), but I keep reading the forums from time to time and I always enjoy your threads as I'm also a big fan of the Bangles and I love some songs by Belinda Carlisle, the Go-Gos, I love musicals and other things you often post about. So it saddens me to know you're having a hard time, I hope you get well both physically and from your depression, hang in there. Wishing you all the best, take care.
    My website (currently under construction)

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    Wishing you the best during this trying time, Mikey.

Quote Originally Posted by krugos View Post
    I'm sorry to hear you are going through this, Mikey. I know I rarely write here anymore (having a difficult time with the crisis in my country, Venezuela, and struggling with depression has kept me away the last few years), but I keep reading the forums from time to time and I always enjoy your threads as I'm also a big fan of the Bangles and I love some songs by Belinda Carlisle, the Go-Gos, I love musicals and other things you often post about. So it saddens me to know you're having a hard time, I hope you get well both physically and from your depression, hang in there. Wishing you all the best, take care.
    Thankyou so much Krugos, your kind words and encouragement mean a lot to me, and I am delighted you like my posts.

I am back home from surgery and am recuperating at home. It wasn't a pleasant experience.

However, I simply thought about all my well-wishers and that gave me strength to get through. I missed not having my laptop and stereo in hospital, but now I can catch up at home. My sister also bought me the 9-book set of Disney's Twisted Tales which I am eager to start reading. It's got Cinderella, Frozen, Beauty And The Beast, Mulan, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Aladdin and The Little Mermaid. I also have Legends Of Tomorrow (Season 5) which I haven't watched yet, and soon Happy Halloween Scooby Doo, Batman: Death In The Family (Interactive Movie) and Stargirl Season 1 will all be released on DVD too. I can't wait to see Shining Knight in Stargirl. Plus, Luba Mason's new album Triangle comes out in a few weeks as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus I am attending a live concert (online) by Gretchen Peters on YouTube on Friday morning.

Sadly, I missed a live chat with Suzy Bogguss and other fans while I was in hospital, but there will be a next time.

Glad to know you're back home after your surgery, I hope you have a speedy recovery. It's great you have a lot of entertaining to keep you busy and more to be released soon.

The Twisted Tales books sound interesting, please let us know your thoughts as you read them. Disney is always fun! I grew up watching the classics, I love them all almost equally, but if I had to chose a favorite, maybe it would be Alice in Wonderland... also have a soft spot for Melody Time. Then, as a teenager I enjoyed all the Disney Renaissance movies, it was a great time to be a Disney fan (my favorite from this era is, without a doubt, Aladdin). I have not seen the films from the last decade, though, anything from Tangled onward, I need to catch on with that.
    My website (currently under construction)

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar

More Surgery

Glad you are home, Mikey. It sounds like you have a lot of work to do during your recovery!

Did the surgery go well?

"Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    Glad you are home, Mikey. It sounds like you have a lot of work to do during your recovery!

Did the surgery go well?

I think the surgery went well, it's too soon to tell, and I desperately hope this was the last time, I don't know how much more of this I can endure. This year has been a nightmare and I will be glad for a hopefully hospital-free 2021. To make things worse, I apparently contracted a virus in the hospital (I don't think it was coronavirus though) and am in quarantine, not that I can go anywhere in my current state.

As for the Disney books, I have the 9 book set of Twisted Tales and the 6 book sets of Disney Villains novels, and I can't wait to start reading them, although I don't know yet which one to read first, I still need the loose books for Disney Villains: Evil Thing (Cruella) and the Twisted Tale: Unbirthday (Alice In Wonderland) books, and next year Go The Distance (Hercules) will be released.

Widget
    Prayers going out for you, Mikey stereo mix
    Last edited by reeseloa; October 5, 2020 at 04:31pm.

Thankyou again everyone for the kind words and friendships. I still have a lot of pain and am not really mobile at present, and I'm constantly afraid the doctors and nurses will find something new to operate on, I really hope this is all over. I try and remain positive but even I have my limits.

Chris here...

Still sending thoughts & prayers your way, Mikey my good friend - if anyone can get through this, that person is you.

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan View Post
    Chris here...

Still sending thoughts & prayers your way, Mikey my good friend - if anyone can get through this, that person is you.

Take care...
    Thank you my friend and brother, you mean a lot to me.