Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Surgery

Master of New Adventures!
    Prayers just said on your behalf that angels descend around you to help you through this and also through recovery.

as someone with a super eclectic music taste, I have never in my 41 years of life seen anyone so into the Go-Gos as you are, to me that makes you a very special soul. I hope and wish with everything that you make a speedy recovery and in several years you look back on this and realize how strong you really are!! Good luck!
    Instagram: dadhausen

I'm back home from surgery, it was horrible and I'm truly depressed right now, but hopefully I will be myself again soon. I am determined to see Wonder Woman 1984 even if I am in a wheelchair for the time being and I have a chat with Suzy Bogguss on Monday, plus Batman: Soul Of The Dragon comes out on DVD this week.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Be well, Mikey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Wishing you a speedy recovery Mikey, and that your hobbies will help you forget your pain and troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    Wishing you a speedy recovery Mikey, and that your hobbies will help you forget your pain and troubles.
    Thankyou Sam and KingRandorFacePalm for your kind words. I'm also hoping my copies of Petra Haden's new album and the new Black Canary novel arrive in the mail this week.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a hospital appointment today and I've been told I'm surprisingly healing well and that I may not be subject to any more invasive surgeries which is a huge relief. This will allow me to heal physically and emotionally and begin the period of making myself whole again (or as whole as I can be regarding). It will be time before I can get myself back to a good place after this turbulent year and a half, but I think I can do it.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Co-Creator of the NV
    I'm glad that you're healing well. I hope you can manage to avoid more surgeries

Keep up your recovery, Mikey. Hope there arenít any more surgeries in your future.

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, I can focus on completely healing much better if I'm not worrying so much about stressful surgeries and other complications. I've not slept in ages because of all this. I kept falling asleep in the doctor's appointment.

Heroic Warrior Granamyr's Helmet's Avatar
    Hey Mikey, I know we've only just "met" recently, but wanted to pass along my well wishes also. Really glad you were able to get some positive news, I know you've had a long road, and hopefully that gives you a little light at the end of the tunnel and things continue to go well!

Quote Originally Posted by Granamyr's Helmet View Post
    Hey Mikey, I know we've only just "met" recently, but wanted to pass along my well wishes also. Really glad you were able to get some positive news, I know you've had a long road, and hopefully that gives you a little light at the end of the tunnel and things continue to go well!
    Thankyou Granamyr's Helmet, it's been great getting to know you too, and I look forward to many more wonderful conversations with you.

I know this is news we have all been waiting to hear for a long time.

Congratulations.

Hoping you completely heal soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I know this is news we have all been waiting to hear for a long time.

Congratulations.

Hoping you completely heal soon.

Thankyou Jack.

I've had a horrible past couple of years with illness and multiple surgeries, and I have to say without my sister and the kittens, my books and DVD's, my writing and editing work, my friends on and off the forums, and especially the magical music and inspirational inner strength of The Go-Go's and The Bangles, and other favourite musicians, I might not have survived, or wanted to.

But you have survived. Now is the time for you to celebrate that accomplishment, then, as you get better and better, put the pain in a box and put it on a high shelf where you can't reach it, open it or dwell on it. Time to move forward to a better place and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Thankyou Jack.

I've had a horrible past couple of years with illness and multiple surgeries, and I have to say without my sister and the kittens, my books and DVD's, my writing and editing work, my friends on and off the forums, and especially the magical music and inspirational inner strength of The Go-Go's and The Bangles, and other favourite musicians, I might not have survived, or wanted to.

But you have survived. Now is the time for you to celebrate that accomplishment, then, as you get better and better, put the pain in a box and put it on a high shelf where you can't reach it, open it or dwell on it. Time to move forward to a better place and time.
    Thanks Jack. I hope we can be friends, I don't like being at odds with people, and admittedly it's been my illness that has fuelled my erratic moments on the forum (and off), I'm not usually as melodramatic as I have seemed, I'm usually more placid and relaxed.

You don't have to "hope" we are friends, Mikey. We are friends.

Thanks Jack. I hope we can be friends, I don't like being at odds with people, and admittedly it's been my illness that has fuelled my erratic moments on the forum (and off), I'm not usually as melodramatic as I have seemed, I'm usually more placid and relaxed.

Sending positive vibe and good will Mikey, even though I blocked you. Thing like this shouldn't be taken lightly as it is involved with critical health, life is too short for a grudge. Well wishes from me and my family

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

You don't have to "hope" we are friends, Mikey. We are friends.
    Thanks Jack, that does mean a lot to me.

I know a lot of people on the forums don't like me for which I am sorry and sad, but I never mean for my problems to swamp every aspect of my life.

I wish people could have gotten to know me back in my heyday when I was much more bright and optimistic, I still spoke of the things I love, but not quite as seemingly obsessively. I've had to latch firmly onto whatever kept me sane.

I know I come off as a hardcore liberal leftie (which admittedly I am) but I am also a person of strong spirituality and I respect many faiths. I love Amy Grant for example and have all her albums and DVD's (and her memoirs Mosaic...Pieces Of My Life So Far), and I have Beth Nielsen Chapman's Latin Hymns and Prism: The Human Family Songbook albums. I also love songs like Belinda Carlisle's A Prayer For Everyone and All God's Children, and Bette Midler's From A Distance. I also love Ten Commandments: The Musical with Val Kilmer which is where I also became fans of Luba Mason, Nita Whitaker, Lauren Kennedy, & Michelle Pereira.

I also love all seasons of Power Rangers and New Adventures Of He-Man (Tuskador is my favourite character with Hydron, Critta, Mara, Drissi, Flipshot and Sagitar as honourable mentions).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Sending positive vibe and good will Mikey, even though I blocked you. Thing like this shouldn't be taken lightly as it is involved with critical health, life is too short for a grudge. Well wishes from me and my family
    Thankyou Fendi, that means a lot to me too.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Mikey, how goes your post op recovery? Is it hopeful that this will be the last surgery?

Imo, this is one of the best parts of he-man.org -- the coming together of all orgers, regardless of their positions on any issue, when other orgers are in times of travail. I know that many orgers supported me during times I've had serious health challenges the last few years and especially when my son and my Kim were in serious automobile accidents requiring surgery on Kim's part. The support coming from those who I crossed swords with in The Tar Swamp were most touching of all. It was something I and my family drew considerable solace and strength from and at a time when it was greatly needed and I am forever grateful for it, as well as to Val for creating a place where, aside from our shared passion for all things MOTU, that kid of support can exist and flourish.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post

Imo, this is one of the best parts of he-man.org -- the coming together of all orgers, regardless of their positions on any issue, when other orgers are in times of travail. I know that many orgers supported me during times I've had serious health challenges the last few years and especially when my son and my Kim were in serious automobile accidents requiring surgery on Kim's part. The support coming from those who I crossed swords with in The Tar Swamp were most touching of all. It was something I and my family drew considerable solace and strength from and at a time when it was greatly needed and I am forever grateful for it, as well as to Val for creating a place where, aside from our shared passion for all things MOTU, that kid of support can exist and flourish.
    I did also offer my sympathies and well wishes when you and Kim were facing such insurmountable challenges and offered my relief that everything is going well with you and your family, Jack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Mikey, how goes your post op recovery? Is it hopeful that this will be the last surgery?
    Going well for now, thankyou!

I remember that, Mikey, and I appreciate it.

I did also offer my sympathies and well wishes when you and Kim were facing such insurmountable challenges and offered my relief that everything is going well with you and your family, Jack.

- - - Updated - - -

Going well for now, thankyou!
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; February 2, 2021 at 08:17pm.

Today I went out for lunch with my sister (who is also my carer during my recuperation). I had fried rice and satay vegetables...with french fries. Hey, it works!

Although I was in my wheelchair, it was a good day, despite the horrible heat. I am definitely an Autumn/Winter person.

I even bought my copies of the MOTU Toy Guide and the World/Character Guide Compendium Supplement (my birthday gift from my sister even though my birthday is next week).

I found a perfect recipe online for my ideal birthday cake for next week...Key Lime Pound Cake!

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/...me-pound-cake/

Today I went out for lunch with my sister (who is also my carer during my recuperation). I had fried rice and satay vegetables...with french fries. Hey, it works!

Although I was in my wheelchair, it was a good day, despite the horrible heat. I am definitely an Autumn/Winter person.

I even bought my copies of the MOTU Toy Guide and the World/Character Guide Compendium Supplement (my birthday gift from my sister even though my birthday is next week).

I found a perfect recipe online for my ideal birthday cake for next week...Key Lime Pound Cake!

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/...me-pound-cake/
    Happy birthday

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    Happy birthday
    My birthday is actually next week (February 11), but thankyou!

- - - Updated - - -

Lovely and talented Belinda Carlisle has announced on Instagram that she will be returning to Australia in February 2022! I am so excited! This is more incentive for me to get well!
    Last edited by Uki; February 5, 2021 at 01:35pm.