Thread: DC Comics Launching New DC Universe Infinite Online Comic Subscription January 2021

DC Comics Launching New DC Universe Infinite Online Comic Subscription January 2021

DC Comics just keeps getting better and better! On January 21 2021, DC will launch its new DC Universe Infinite Comic Book Subscription Service, it will start in the US and will eventually become international, which is awesome! It will be available for an Annual Fee of $75 or a Monthly Fee of $8.

http://https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/09/18/dc-universe-transforms-into-dc-universe-infinite-the-ultimate-comic-book

*DC UNIVERSE TRANSFORMS INTO DC UNIVERSE INFINITE, THE ULTIMATE COMIC BOOK SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE

The Fan-First Platform Features More Than 24,000 Comics, Unlimited Offline Reading, Exclusive Events and More

Launching in the U.S. on January 21; Available Internationally starting Summer 2021

BURBANK, CA (Sept. 18, 2020) – Calling all comic book fans to Explore the Multiverse! DC today announced the evolution of DC UNIVERSE into DC UNIVERSE INFINITE, a premium digital comic book service set to launch on January 21, 2021. With access to more than 24,000 comic books at launch, DC UNIVERSE INFINITE subscribers will also encounter digital-first comics, exclusive access to DC fan events, as well as a steady stream of recently released comics six months after the physical versions hit store shelves. Following its initial launch, DC UNIVERSE INFINITE will begin expanding globally in SUMMER 2021.

“Our fans love the platform’s robust library of comic books and, with the transformation, we will not disappoint,” said DC Publisher and Chief Creative Officer Jim Lee. “I’m excited to share that not only will DC UNIVERSE INFINITE members still be able to read all of the great comics that they’ve enjoyed but new issues are debuting on the platform quicker than before, digital first exclusives are being created, and the members-only events will begin as soon as possible. There has never been a better time to be a DC fan!”

DC’s premium digital comic book platform provides members with an expanded collection of comics and Original Graphic Novels, spanning over 80 years of the DC Multiverse. Fans can also download comics, graphic novels and originals for unlimited offline reading on their favorite devices from a smartphone or tablet.*
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

What a surprise!
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

This DC Comics streaming service will be so perfect, especially for those who can't afford all the monthly titles they would love to have, but with one very reasonable monthly fee, you can have all the comics you could possibly want!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Heroic Warrior
    there are also lots of other comic sites online for free that supply all titles.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    This will be another nail in the coffin for comic book stores. I don't collect modern comics but I do feel for the owners and customers who prefer physical copies.

I totally understand DC's reasoning, but I worry comic books will become more obsolete - outta sight, outta mind.

So its basically their current service, but stripped of the massive amounts of movies and TV shows? And at the exact same price people are paying now?

I'm debating what to do about this. For the price, it does seem like a good deal given how many titles will be available to read.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    I'm debating what to do about this. For the price, it does seem like a good deal given how many titles will be available to read.
    I know I'm definitely signing up for this!

I'm the opposite. I've already cancelled my renewal.

I can't believe they're stripping all the media content and have the gall to keep the price the same.

Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    there are also lots of other comic sites online for free that supply all titles.
    I know one's that you can download and read for FREE... (Keep them too)

Like Disney, I will NEVER give up DC Comics.