Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 163

Thread: Mattel Launches Mattel Creations to Celebrate 75 Years of Creativity (PRESS RELEASE)

  1. #126
    Heroic Warrior Cringer_luvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,006
    What happned to the Mattel creations Kobra Kahn with the cobra hood head? I no longer see it on Mattel creations site.

  2. #127
    Lord of Nothingness Darkkosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    What happned to the Mattel creations Kobra Kahn with the cobra hood head? I no longer see it on Mattel creations site.
    It was removed from MC while the Eternia campaign was still running... Probably they wanted to make a schedule or plan adjustments before offering a new Origins product.
    Creativity is addictive.

  3. #128
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    What happned to the Mattel creations Kobra Kahn with the cobra hood head? I no longer see it on Mattel creations site.
    I wouldn't be too concerned - Mattel would never let an opportunity pass to maximize parts re-use!

  4. #129
    Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    1,528
    This is probably the second half of that "art" thing that dropped in October, which they previously said would drop in December. But we still haven't gotten our second MC exclusive drop for Fall 2022. So it could also be Camo Khan or Space Sumo.

    Snip.PNG

  5. #130
    Heroic Warrior Ultimate Sorceress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    Melbourne, Oz
    Posts
    321
    Hope it's Camo Khan and not Space Sumo.

  6. #131
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Sorceress View Post
    Hope it's Camo Khan and not Space Sumo.
    Honestly the Space Sumo seems kind of pointless now as heavily as Target discounted the 3 pack. I think they discounted it down to $35 with free shipping?

    And MC figures are something like $18 with $8 shipping?

  7. #132
    Lord of Nothingness Darkkosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    Honestly the Space Sumo seems kind of pointless now as heavily as Target discounted the 3 pack. I think they discounted it down to $35 with free shipping?

    And MC figures are something like $18 with $8 shipping?
    They're still charging $6.95 flat rate on shipping... As for SS, he'd sell as a single carded figure especially for those who don't have access to Target, or for those who keep their figures sealed.

    I hope Camo Kobra Khan is next, at least via the made-to-order option.
    Creativity is addictive.

  8. #133
    Heroic Warrior Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    762
    I kinda care about Sumo because of minicomic...and also I want to know what makes him different from 3-pack one. That's about it but hey I love minicomics.

  9. #134
    Heroic Warrior Brasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lake Grove, NY
    Posts
    1,398
    Camo khan goes up for sale in 4 days
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

  10. #135
    Heroic Warrior AnimalGrandpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Camo khan goes up for sale in 4 days
    And his product page reads like he won't be Made to Order, though that's sort of speculation.

  11. #136
    Council Elder zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    16,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I kinda care about Sumo because of minicomic...and also I want to know what makes him different from 3-pack one. That's about it but hey I love minicomics.
    Here's hoping he won't be 30 bucks like Khan though, because he's definitely not worth that much even with a fancy comic.

  12. #137
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalGrandpa View Post
    And his product page reads like he won't be Made to Order, though that's sort of speculation.
    The email said DTC, so I'm assuming direct to consumer. But yeah, classic Mattel. And just one costs a total of £40 in the UK

  13. #138
    Council Elder zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    16,175
    Part of me wants to skip this sale and use some of my extra stuff to get my hands on one via a trade. But I'm also going to be annoyed at myself if it sells out really fast and I can't get one going that route

  14. #139
    Heroic Warrior Cosmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    559
    There seems to be another MC Motu listing, for December, according to Twitter (so it must be true!)–
    I wonder if it’ll be Space Sumo, He-Skeletor– or apparently some more from the Virgil Abloh collab.

    I think I’d be interested in any of them, if my wallet survives till then!

  15. #140
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    3,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    There seems to be another MC Motu listing, for December, according to Twitter (so it must be true!)–
    I wonder if it’ll be Space Sumo, He-Skeletor– or apparently some more from the Virgil Abloh collab.

    I think I’d be interested in any of them, if my wallet survives till then!
    Yes the MC launch calendar shows 12/14 as a MOTU drop.

  16. #141
    Heroic Warrior Ultimate Sorceress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    Melbourne, Oz
    Posts
    321
    I think it's Space Sumo. The other reveals like Frog Monger and He-Skeletor are for 2023.

    I think Space Sumo will be the worse performing MC drop if they don't give him some very cool feature/accessory and even then, I don't think he will sell out in seconds.

  17. #142
    Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    1,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    There seems to be another MC Motu listing, for December, according to Twitter (so it must be true!)–
    I wonder if it’ll be Space Sumo, He-Skeletor– or apparently some more from the Virgil Abloh collab.

    I think I’d be interested in any of them, if my wallet survives till then!
    It's more from the Virgil Abloh collab. The last Virgil Abloh collab drop said there would be another drop in December.

    Here's the text from the first drop:
    "The Masters of the Universe c/o Virgil Abloh™ “TOY” collection, part one, drops 10/21/22. The second installment, “ART” will be released in December of 2022. "

  18. #143
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,266
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    it's more from the virgil abloh collab. The last virgil abloh collab drop said there would be another drop in december.

    Here's the text from the first drop:
    "the masters of the universe c/o virgil abloh™ “toy” collection, part one, drops 10/21/22. the second installment, “art” will be released in december of 2022. "
    so boring.

  19. #144
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    3,251
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    It's more from the Virgil Abloh collab. The last Virgil Abloh collab drop said there would be another drop in December.

    Here's the text from the first drop:
    "The Masters of the Universe c/o Virgil Abloh™ “TOY” collection, part one, drops 10/21/22. The second installment, “ART” will be released in December of 2022. "
    Yay.

  20. #145
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Sorceress View Post
    I think it's Space Sumo.

    I think Space Sumo will be the worse performing MC drop if they don't give him some very cool feature/accessory and even then, I don't think he will sell out in seconds.
    I want Space Sumo, so he'll sell probably out in 13 seconds.

    Oh well....I can always buy him on eBay afterwards for 75 bucks.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; November 30, 2022 at 04:36pm.
    Odd Man Out

  21. #146
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    3,251
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I want Space Sumo, so he'll sell probably out in 13 seconds.

    Oh well....I can always buy him on eBay afterwards for 75 bucks.
    That's the spirit!!!

  22. #147
    Heroic Warrior Cosmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    559
    Oh the suspense, what will it be in the end???

    I’d buy Space Sumo probably, because of the mini comic. Same for He-Skeletor, who’s been kind of growing on me.

    Virgil Abloh, depends what it is! I kinda liked those chocolate colored MV figures. For an art project, also a decent price.
    Depends on my money sitch by then! And yeah, depending on what shape this collab will actually take, and at what price.

  23. #148
    Heroic Warrior banthafett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,156
    Really would have been nice if mattel dropped kahn and Sumo before eternia and holidays.

    This crap of nothing for months, then bam. Within a month

    2 eternias
    2 mondo cats
    Mondo anti hm
    Mondo hm
    Who knows when we will even see this stuff.


    And don't even get me started on metallica tickets today.

  24. #149
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    7,289
    Holy cow I was actually able to get a Camo Khan!!

    That's the first time I was every able to get anything that was limited.
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

  25. #150
    Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    1,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Holy cow I was actually able to get a Camo Khan!!

    That's the first time I was every able to get anything that was limited.
    Congrats!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •