Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Willow" Sequel TV Series In The Works

The first two episodes have dropped so far... I'm curious what people are thinking of the show.

After watching these, it certainly is not what I was expecting from a continuation of Willow.

It's not bad, just not what my mind always had as what happened after Willow returned to the Nelwyn valley at the end of the movie.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    This is definitely on my list but will wait til all the episodes have dropped and binge it over a couple of days. Will also rewatch the movie before starting it for a refresh

This show is apparently getting roasted online by fans of the original movie...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    This show is apparently getting roasted online by fans of the original movie...
    Ah the usual
    ‘we wish we’d get a sequel to *insert franchise*, that’d be so cool’
    Here you go.
    ‘No not like that, you’ve ruined it, you should get the fans to write it’
    Type of fans?

Can’t please everyone I suppose.

I've seen several scenes of the Willow series (and Lord Of The Rings: Rings Of Power) and I've loved what I've seen so far. I'm looking forward to both series.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    The first two episodes have dropped so far... I'm curious what people are thinking of the show.

After watching these, it certainly is not what I was expecting from a continuation of Willow.

It's not bad, just not what my mind always had as what happened after Willow returned to the Nelwyn valley at the end of the movie.
    I haven't seen it yet, I generally wait to get the discs for this stuff. But a LOT of my friends are pretty furious about it; the usual "I couldn't get past the second episode" stuff. I'm sure you can guess why; if not, it rhymes with "Thespian Main Characters" and that pesky W-word.

I mean, I get it; sure, a lot of genuine "I just didn't have THIS in my 'Willow Headcanon' is all!" sentiment may well exist, but like so many other things these days it's just one more shot in the Culture War. And that is becoming very tiresome. "They need to STOP putting this junk into EVERY movie and TV show anymore, it's ridiculous!" Well... they're not gonna stop. So whatever, already. I wish these people would find new windmills to tilt at; crying about the "Woke Boogeyman" is SO damn 2020, already.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I haven't seen it yet, I generally wait to get the discs for this stuff. But a LOT of my friends are pretty furious about it; the usual "I couldn't get past the second episode" stuff. I'm sure you can guess why; if not, it rhymes with "Thespian Main Characters" and that pesky W-word.

I mean, I get it; sure, a lot of genuine "I just didn't have THIS in my 'Willow Headcanon' is all!" sentiment may well exist, but like so many other things these days it's just one more shot in the Culture War. And that is becoming very tiresome. "They need to STOP putting this junk into EVERY movie and TV show anymore, it's ridiculous!" Well... they're not gonna stop. So whatever, already. I wish these people would find new windmills to tilt at; crying about the "Woke Boogeyman" is SO damn 2020, already.
    I am heartily sick and tired of the the anti-woke bunch having to add their bigoted thoughts to everything. It is tiresome and irritating.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

I mean, it's their quarter if they wanna complain, and occasionally I agree with a point here or there depending on which movie/show/game it is that's being discussed.

But for me by now it's like listening to people whine about how "The Simpsons has been awful since 1997!" Even if I agree to a point, I'm SO sick of hearing about it that the complaints about the content now offend me MORE than the content does. I hate New Simpsons, too, therefore, I hardly ever see it anymore. Problem solved. If someone ASKS me my opinion on the recent stuff I'll give it, but I don't go around constantly shouting my unsolicited opinion on how awful it is from every corner of the internet like some kind of lunatic. That just comes off to me as someone desperately seeking validation, and they get there quickly by aligning hard with an opinion that comes with a loud, built-in echo chamber.

Same thing here. It doesn't take any thought, wit, or courage to rant about "All teh gheys in muh TV and movies now!" since people have been crying about it for a long time. And if you say you're mad about it, you know you'll get a ton of support immediately (even if it's from people you shouldn't brag about having your back).

I've been telling people all the time lately, they need to just quit watching TV altogether if "too many gays" is an honest-to-God crusade for them. It ain't changing no matter how much they cry about it. But they insist to me that it's important to "Let them know we won't stand for this stuff!" and "Demand they give our beloved 80s/90s properties back to us!" Like, it's SERIOUS, to these people. You wouldn't BELIEVE how many people tell me, with full sincerity, "Movies and TV were my whole life, and now I can't even watch anything anymore!" As if that were a Serious Life Problem and not the very definition of First-World BS.

Like even the IDEA of just, I'unno, NOT watching shows or movies if they're gonna be miserable about what's in them... they insist that's unfathomable. "I shouldn't have to stop watching! They should just stop ruining stuff!" I tell them what I do - ignore most new stuff and just watch older stuff - they tell me I'm crazy. As if whining constantly on message boards about "agendas" and "social reprogramming" is healthier than ignoring it all and reading a book instead. Good grief.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

It's like all the people getting their undies in a bunch over LGBTQ-inclusivity in Hallmark movies. I am all in favour of it personally.

I mean if more "traditional"-minded people don't want to watch That or This, nobody's forcing them to. But I don't know what they think crying about it online is gonna do, especially if they already planned to not watch it; they "sent a message" and "voted with their dollars" by not watching, that should be enough. Or if you're disappointed or disapproving, say it once or twice and move on with your life. There's a few yards between "Expressing One's Opinion" and "Beating The Horse To Glue" and lots of people online seem to not understand the difference.