Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattel Hot Wheels Land Shark and Character Vehicles - Late 2020

Mattel Hot Wheels Land Shark and Character Vehicles - Late 2020

124097904_1811508492334963_9063068902880674648_o.jpg

This picture is circulating on Facebook, but there are legitimate red flags about the card it's on, causing some people to call it a fake.

But the vehicle itself looks legit.

Anyone want to weigh in on whether or not this is a real, forthcoming Mattel product?

MOD EDIT:

Axel shared these photos on his Facebook of the other vehicles coming:

Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    If it's real, I'll definitely be buying it.

It was announced alongside of five other MOTU Hot Wheels with Axel's art on them. Axel himself shared these images.

When are these coming out?
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    When are these coming out?
    I heard next year but title says this year so no clue.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

I'm all about the Hot Wheels Land Shark, but passing on the rest.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I'm all about the Hot Wheels Land Shark, but passing on the rest.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Same. My kids are into the fast looking cars, so I'm kind of disappointed that these are more the van type, although I suppose it lends itself better to art.

My kids like these more:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...ars-are-coming

That little Land Shark is adorable. I love it.

The Land Shark is a must have for me.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    It was announced alongside of five other MOTU Hot Wheels with Axel's art on them. Axel himself shared these images.
    Where was it announced?
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

The Land Shark looks great but shame it doesn't use the vintage box art on the card like the Wind Raider one did.
    UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    MOTUC He-Ro Staff with green gem
    Keshi Mantenna in red

I need that Landshark like NOW!
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/16/2021

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    The Land Shark looks great but shame it doesn't use the vintage box art on the card like the Wind Raider one did.
    True, I wonder why they chose the exploding rocks art instead?
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Always possible that's just mock-up packaging and the final will have the vintage art.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    So they don't have to make a new card for every MOTU Hotwheels toy.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/16/2021

Hotwheels.fandom wiki has a 2021 case assortment listed which includes this. Seems legit. The card artwork shown would lend itself well to a full series of these but they'll probably just keep doling them out one per year.

Might they eventually add some tiny MotU characters for drivers/pilots to put in the seats? Maybe they'll do that when they have enough for a full series to make collectors buy them all over again.

The big question: Will the mouth open and close as it rolls? It's simple enough that they could do it at that scale, and there have been recent Hot Wheels with similar action features.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilJam View Post
    The big question: Will the mouth open and close as it rolls? It's simple enough that they could do it at that scale, and there have been recent Hot Wheels with similar action features.
    We can only hope, and it not at least there's the Origins Landshark that I believe will do that. Now I just need a Hot Wheels Bashasaurus.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/16/2021

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJam View Post
    Hotwheels.fandom wiki has a 2021 case assortment listed which includes this. Seems legit. The card artwork shown would lend itself well to a full series of these but they'll probably just keep doling them out one per year.

Might they eventually add some tiny MotU characters for drivers/pilots to put in the seats? Maybe they'll do that when they have enough for a full series to make collectors buy them all over again.

I'd be surprised if it didnt, I have had hotwheels that do.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

Someone on a facebook group found the set of character cars. They look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

It's definitely legit! I had no Idea this was even coming out until I found a bunch at Walmart yesterday and bought one! It was not even in the computer system. I had to get an employee at self checkout to help. She just scanned some batteries and changed the price to $4.97 (which is what I told her Hot Wheels like these are generally priced at that). So my receipt shows up as batteries, not a MOTU Hot Wheel. Happy hunting! Now I can't wait for the Origins Land Shark!

Tech help needed: I tried to add a picture, but the Org says I have exceeded my image storage. If someone can tell me how to delete my attachments, I can post the picture.

Edit: Thanks a ton to Org member ehenyo for help! It was under "profile" then "edit profile" and waaay at the bottom under "misc."
    Last edited by Ka Rot-Top; December 19, 2020 at 12:54am.

Heroic Podcaster
    I'll take every MOTU vehicle/beast in this diecast Hot Wheels scale RIGHT NOW!

Especially Battle Ram! I was really surprised that didn't come out with the Wind Raider since they were the first two MOTU vehicles ever back in the day.

Of course the MOC collector gets the short straw again with the Wind Raider package not matching.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

Here's pics of one I picked up at Walmart yesterday:

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, a friend of mine found the entire MOTU Hot Wheels 2020 Character Car set at Walmart the other day. Like the Land Shark I bought, they were not even in the system yet and he had to have customer service ring them up special. They're awesome though! I will definitely pick up the Character Car set for myself as well!
    Last edited by Ka Rot-Top; December 19, 2020 at 12:59am.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    It's definitely legit! I had no Idea this was even coming out until I found a bunch at Walmart yesterday and bought one! It was not even in the computer system. I had to get an employee at self checkout to help. She just scanned some batteries and changed the price to $4.97 (which is what I told her Hot Wheels like these are generally priced at that). So my receipt shows up as batteries, not a MOTU Hot Wheel. Happy hunting! Now I can't wait for the Origins Land Shark!

Tech help needed: I tried to add a picture, but the Org says I have exceeded my image storage. If someone can tell me how to delete my attachments, I can post the picture.

Edit: Thanks a ton to Org member ehenyo for help! It was under "profile" then "edit profile" and waaay at the bottom under "misc."
    Where are you? US, Canada, other?
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/16/2021

Wonder why they went with a boring card for the Landshark? The best thing about the Wind Raider is the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Where are you? US, Canada, other?
    I found the Hot Wheels Land Shark at a Walmart in North Texas. And I agree, this would have looked a lot cooler MOC if they had added Land Shark artwork on the card back instead of just the exploding rocks background, but the toy itself is awesome! Like others, now I really want a Hot Wheels Battle Ram!