Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mattel Hot Wheels Land Shark and Character Vehicles - Late 2020

Looks like there's another MOTU Hot Wheels set coming up. There's pre orders popping up on Ebay and various places.

Heroic Warrior
    not surprising that they are doing the real riders set. they did them a few years ago and seemed to sell out quickly. plus once they normally do the character cars they also do the real riders. super excited about these but I still haven't seen any of the character cars yet. so crossing my fingers as real riders are always really hard to find around here.

I found the Land Shark for myself and the kids at a few Targets. He seems like a fairly easy one to find now, kind of like the Wind Raider. Wind Raider was a little tough to find at first, but then it was everywhere. I haven't ran across the others yet.

Still no sign of the Land Shark.

If you have an Ingles grocery store near you (I'm in North Carolina and they're everywhere here) check their small toy shelf. It's usually next to the cereal and I've found the Character Cars there. I found two a couple weeks ago and two more on Monday, so they're restocking, too.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Definitely, sadly this case isn't display friendly! What's the point of making such a collectors box if you have to destroy chunks of it!?
    Most likely there is a way to lift out the "punch-out" cover off without damaging it to get to the cars from below.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Most likely there is a way to lift out the "punch-out" cover off without damaging it to get to the cars from below.
    Perhaps you're right, however I'm still perplexed about this release and whose targeted for?!
    Probably adding clear plastic windows or bubbles would've made it more desirable for all groups!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

How much is the Land Shark vehicle at retail? Is it the same price as regular Hot Wheels vehicles? No one has said in this thread unless I missed it somewhere...
    My post count just got bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    How much is the Land Shark vehicle at retail? Is it the same price as regular Hot Wheels vehicles? No one has said in this thread unless I missed it somewhere...
    I believe it suppose to be $5.49 or something close to it.

Perfect Packaging!

We were worried that the Hot Wheels Character Car Set does not have collector friendly packaging, but the opposite is true! This has the PERFECT packaging! First of all, it came packaged in its own factory outer box which is a plus. The set itself is great, you only have to cut two pieces of tape to open the set and the cardboard insert lifts directly off! Plus, as a display, you can flip the cardboard insert and showcase it behind the cars! And if you're a kid, you can open the cardboard insert doors and use it that way! (since kids love to put things into and open and close compartments). This really is the perfect packaging for everyone! Well done Hot Wheels guys!
    20210125_190710.jpg20210125_190436.jpg20210125_190410.jpg20210125_190155.jpg
    Last edited by Ka Rot-Top; January 27, 2021 at 02:46pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    We were worried that the Hot Wheels Character Car Set does not have collector friendly packaging, but the opposite is true! This has the PERFECT packaging! First of all, it came packaged in its own factory outer box which is a plus. The set itself is great, you only have to cut two pieces of tape to open the set and the cardboard insert lifts directly off! Plus, as a display, you can flip the cardboard insert and showcase it behind the cars! And if you're a kid, you can open the cardboard insert doors and use it that way! (since kids love to put things into and open and close compartments). This really is the perfect packaging for everyone! Well done Hot Wheels guys!
    Ok, that's great to know and thanks a lot for sharing.

BBTS has the pop culture set up for pre order:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/152521