Thread: "Batman: Soul Of The Dragon" DVD Release - January 26 2021

"Batman: Soul Of The Dragon" DVD Release - January 26 2021

DC Comics next Original Animated Movie, Batman: Soul Of The Dragon will be released on DVD/Blu-Ray on January 26 2021.

https://dcanimated.com/2020/11/batma...-january-2021/

*Set in the midst of the swinging 1970s, this Elseworlds adventure finds Bruce Wayne training under a master sensei. It is here that Bruce, along with other elite students, is forged in the fire of the martial arts discipline. The lifelong bonds they form will be put to the test when a deadly menace arises from their past. It will take the combined efforts of Batman, world-renowned martial artists Richard Dragon, Ben Turner and Lady Shiva, and their mentor O-Sensei to battle the monsters of this world and beyond!

The ensemble cast features a core group of actors playing martial arts students-turned-heroes: David Giuntoli as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Mark Dacascos as Richard Dragon, Kelly Hu as Lady Shiva and Michael Jai White as Ben Turner/Bronze Tiger. Their mentor O-Sensei is voiced by James Hong, Josh Keaton is featured as Jeffrey Burr, and additional voices are provided by veteran voiceover actors Grey Griffin, Chris Cox, Erica Luttrell, Robin Atkin Downes, Patrick Seitz, Jamie Chung and Eric Bauza.*

This should be an awesome movie.

This looks like a lot of fun, I loved how two of the characters are actually voiced by martial arts actors!

Imagine if they made Richard Dragon wear a costume so he looks like Chen Zhen!

Looking forward to this!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Co-Creator of the NV
    This looks really enjoyable.

I'm not crazy about some of the aesthetic choices, but to each their own. Either way i am definitely looking forward to its release

Overall the movie was quite good, but I really wasn't too keen on the ending.

I'm looking forward to the next DC Original Animated Movie, Justice Society: World War II.

It will be awesome, especially with Aquaman, Hawkman and Doctor Fate.

*It will be released in Spring 2021. The voice cast includes Matt Bomer as Flash II, Stana Katic as Wonder Woman, Elysia Rotaru as Black Canary, Chris Diamantopoulos as Steve Trevor, Omid Abtahi as Hawkman, Matthew Mercer as Hourman, Armen Taylor as Flash I, Liam McIntyre as Aquaman, Ashleigh LaThrop as Iris West, Geoffrey Arend as Charles Halsted and Advisor, Keith Ferguson as Doctor Fate, and Darin De Paul as President Franklin D. Roosevelt.*

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Overall the movie was quite good, but I really wasn't too keen on the ending.
    saw a screener. agreed
    cogito ergo doleo

This is a really nice addition to the DC Animated library...

The combination of 70's jive, exploitation and kung-fu makes for an incredibly unique Batman movie.

And, I use the term "Batman movie" loosely... this really should have been called "O-Sensei's teachings: the rise of the Dragon" (or the "Redemption of Bronze Tiger") (or the "Revenge of Shiva")...

Also, I completely agree with the thoughts about the ending...

Is there supposed to be a sequel? Was that the end, and we just suppose that they all make it out of the Snake Demon realm? Seriously, wth?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This is a really nice addition to the DC Animated library...

The combination of 70's jive, exploitation and kung-fu makes for an incredibly unique Batman movie.

And, I use the term "Batman movie" loosely... this really should have been called "O-Sensei's teachings: the rise of the Dragon" (or the "Redemption of Bronze Tiger") (or the "Revenge of Shiva")...

Also, I completely agree with the thoughts about the ending...
    Yeah I don't really know why they bothered calling it a Batman movie or even including him in the movie at all. The focus was all on the other characters.
    Personally if Batman hadn't been in the movie and the ending slightly altered it would have been a far better movie.

I recently watched Deathstroke: Knight and Dragons and thought it was a vastly superior movie.

Co-Creator of the NV
    I enjoyed the movie.

I was not crazy about some some of the aesthetic choices, but I liked the story as a whole.

I agree with the others about the ending not being great. Not really sure what they intended to do with it.

I bought my copy of Batman: Soul Of The Dragon today but I will most likely watch it over the weekend.