Thread: Hello from Germany (and a report of some technical problems)

Hello from Germany (and a report of some technical problems)

Hello @all,

I'm new here (who would have guessed ). I'm born in late 1982 and grew up with MOTU.

Unfortunately I had a very hard time registering my account at all, since I encountered several technical problems. The first issue was that my e-mail address wasn't accepted. I got the message "Sorry. This site does not allow e-mail accounts from this provider. Please use a unique e-mail address, often assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider. "
    Okay, I used my GMX address, so I wasn't surprised. Therefore, I did like I was told and tried my e-mail address from my Internet Service Provider. Alas....it was rejected also! It is the biggest ISP in Germany: T-Online. Therefore I now was very surprised and almost out of options. Why do you reject e-mail addresses of one of the most common ISPs of a country? You exclude almost 14 million people by blocking T-Online.

I registered then with my business e-mail address, assigned by my employer. But unfortunately this is not a permanent solution, for obvious reasons.

The second problem was, that I was unable to contact an administrator. The register form has a link for this purpose, which seems to be broken. You can see why in the following screenshot:
    Pic1.jpg

Afterwards I wanted to search the forums for the term "T-Online", to see if some other people had this e-mail problem before. But also the search function seems to be broken. See the following screenshot. I got his message after starting the search.

Pic2.jpg

Well...I hope my further time here will be less problematic

Welcome aboard, and I'm sorry you had so much trouble registering.

There are tons of known software bugs with our forums right now. There are plans of repairs, they just take time and money.

I'll look into the T-Online.de email trouble you brought up. I don't know why it would be blocked since it's a paid ISP.

Thanks for the heads up on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I'll look into the T-Online.de email trouble you brought up. I don't know why it would be blocked since it's a paid ISP.
    Okay, thank you It was also my suspection that T-Online maybe was blocked by mistake.

Apparently it's blocked because they do give out free email addresses as well as ones with paid accounts.

We block most free email address domains because of the sheer amount of spammers and scammers that utilize them.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Apparently it's blocked because they do give out free email addresses as well as ones with paid accounts.
    Ah, I didn't know that. Hmm....still, it is a problem for me, since permanent use of my business address is not an option.

In addition, nobody knows how many other people already failed to register because of their ISP is T-Online. Is an exception possible in this case?
    Like I said, it excludes really a lot of people, since T-Online is the most common provider in Germany, only closely followed by 1&1 and Vodafone.

Quote Originally Posted by Amiga-Freak View Post
    Ah, I didn't know that. Hmm....still, it is a problem for me, since permanent use of my business address is not an option.

In addition, nobody knows how many other people already failed to register because of their ISP is T-Online. Is an exception possible in this case?
    Like I said, it excludes really a lot of people, since T-Online is the most common provider in Germany, only closely followed by 1&1 and Vodafone.
    Please PM me sometime later next week on this and I'll see what we can come up with.

On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, Amiga-Freak!!

We're glad to have you join our site and we hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting and interacting on He-Man.org. And if you have any questions, you are welcome to send me a PM for more information.

If you want to buy and trade you will need to upgrade your account to have access to the Marketplace. Please click here and read the section entitled "What are the limitations for users with Gmail/AOL/Yahoo accounts?" for more information. For details on how the upgrading system works click here.

Hello!! Welcome to the community!! It's great to hear from the fans in Germany!! We have the best He-Fans and She-Ravers around and as always, we have great ongoing MOTU and POP discussions, so feel free to join in the conversation!!

Enjoy your time here and welcome!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy