Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx MOTU wave 3

Mega Construx MOTU wave 3

Saw this posted on another message board. Appears to be the next wave.

Scareglow
    Man-E-Faces
    Trap Jaw
    Roboto (mini-comic)
    Tri-Klops (mini-comic)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NeilJam; September 24, 2021 at 08:35pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Still waiting to find wave 2 but it'll be nice if these actually do come out. I have customs of MEF, Trap-Jaw, Scareglow, and Tri-Klops but I'd like to have real versions of them, as well. Guess I can stop on my MEF v2, though.

Nice to see more minicomic and cardback versions! I'd prefer a toy version of Trap Jaw rather than Filmation, but I'm sure one won't be far behind this one. It's just a bit odd to get two variants before we've even gotten the standard version. I have Scare Glow, but I'm glad to see him finally getting another release since he was so damn tough to find the first time around. Hopefully this wave will be available as an easy pre-order on BBTS like wave three was, since I have pretty lousy luck finding these around here.

This is an awesome wave! Can't wait to get these guys.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    Nice to see more minicomic and cardback versions! I'd prefer a toy version of Trap Jaw rather than Filmation, but I'm sure one won't be far behind this one. It's just a bit odd to get two variants before we've even gotten the standard version. I have Scare Glow, but I'm glad to see him finally getting another release since he was so damn tough to find the first time around. Hopefully this wave will be available as an easy pre-order on BBTS like wave three was, since I have pretty lousy luck finding these around here.

I thought the variants were unnecessary at first, but in hand I appreciate the mini-comic versions more than I expected. Agreed on preferring a toy version of Trap Jaw rather than Filmation, I overlooked the magenta arm and accessories.

Great to see these, I've been hoping for a non-minicomic Trapjaw! I don't mind him being Filmation, personally - probably wouldn't have noticed the difference between figure and Filmation version if it hadn't been pointed out!

Man-e-Faces is great too, and I saw on Twitter the other day a different version of Roboto, here's the link: https://twitter.com/megabloksnews/st...03597846978560 Wonder if they're both coming, or if one is a prototype?
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Cool Roboto repaint!
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

non glowing scareglow? why?
    cogito ergo doleo

37 years to get an official mini-comic Tri-Klops, and he shows up in Mega Construx.

I can't even.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    I saw on Twitter the other day a different version of Roboto, here's the link: https://twitter.com/megabloksnews/st...03597846978560 Wonder if they're both coming, or if one is a prototype?
    Given their penchant for releasing easy repaints as variants, I imagine both are on the way. I'm kinda impressed that they got the gears inside the clear torso to work so well at this tiny scale! I really like that apparently Leo-influenced darker-hued Skeletor, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    37 years to get an official mini-comic Tri-Klops, and he shows up in Mega Construx.

I can't even.
    Right?!? At least the Origins version should be coming in 2021, too!

That's a nice looking set of minifigures! I'm really enjoying this series.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    Given their penchant for releasing easy repaints as variants, I imagine both are on the way. I'm kinda impressed that they got the gears inside the clear torso to work so well at this tiny scale! I really like that apparently Leo-influenced darker-hued Skeletor, too!
    I believe they are just a decal on the front of the torso, like Faker has. Considering the arm and leg pins go inside the body it would be extremely hard to add anything else in there.

My "issues" with Roboto would be silver/grey hand instead of red, and no robotic details on the upper arms.

I love this line so much!

Quote Originally Posted by tottimas View Post
    I believe they are just a decal on the front of the torso, like Faker has. Considering the arm and leg pins go inside the body it would be extremely hard to add anything else in there.
    It may very well be, it's hard to tell from the photo. I've taken some of these things apart and seen firsthand how little space there is, hence why I was so impressed that it looked like they had pulled it off somehow. You're right, a decal is probably more likely.

Iím liking these more and more
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Heroic Warrior
    I love that Roboto! I've been trying to piece together one from HALO pieces and was going to paint/decal the gears onto a clear torso, so glad I don't have to fool with that now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    That was my thought. I don't mind variants and so far I've snagged most of them because they appeal to me but that's totally nonsensical to me. Make him glow a different color or something and I'll buy two.

Yeah. A dif color and Iíll buy it!
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by rank_and_vile View Post
    That was my thought. I don't mind variants and so far I've snagged most of them because they appeal to me but that's totally nonsensical to me. Make him glow a different color or something and I'll buy two.
    It should've been identical to the notoriously hard-to-find MCH Wave 5 figure, just with a glow-in-the-dark halberd. That would've made everyone happy...

Scareglow with no glow is like Moss Man with no moss. Ugh.

Master of Mega Construx
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Hmm, hypothetically, I'm pretty sure that the next release of Scareglow would also be glow-in-the-dark especially since the first version was so hard to find and that he is a pretty popular character. Hypothetically of course

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_MCX View Post
    Hmm, hypothetically, I'm pretty sure that the next release of Scareglow would also be glow-in-the-dark especially since the first version was so hard to find and that he is a pretty popular character. Hypothetically of course
    I love that hypothesis! Any wild ideas about the release date as well? And while we are at it .... how about a Snake Mountain? I LOVE my Mega Construx Castle Grayskull!

Is a MEGA Construx Slime Pit a possibility? With maybe a slime clip on parts for the figures?

Quote Originally Posted by xTIMMYxCOREx View Post
    Is a MEGA Construx Slime Pit a possibility? With maybe a slime clip on parts for the figures?
    I'm not sure slime and building blocks make good bed fellows...
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 9/30/2021

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I'm not sure slime and building blocks make good bed fellows...
    Which is why he mentioned hard plastic 'slime' clip-on pieces to mimic the sliming without gooing up our figures.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

construction toy boffin Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    Slime may not be my favorite thing in the toy world, but stores are continuing to offer Mega Construx products that have slime -- Aliens eggs, Breakout Beasts, and maybe the Crystal Creatures if that's still a thing? -- so, y'know, one would assume slime would be included if they were to put out a Slime Pit.
    My Mega Construx gallery <-- wanna see He-Man things made out of bricks? I got 'em here!

Great name for a Punk Rock band: Clip-On Slime
    Odd Man Out