Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx MOTU wave 3

Skeletor and flocked Panthor have a page on Wally World’s website now:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mega-Cons...Kids/709547138

Was in stock briefly last night although, I was never able to get it in my cart. Fingers crossed it comes back in stock soon.

UPDATE: in stock right now! (8:55 pm PT)
    Last edited by Glasstor; January 8, 2021 at 12:57am.

Heroic Warrior
    Is a MEGA Construx Slime Pit a possibility? With maybe a slime clip on parts for the figures?
    I would really strongly prefer that they release Battle Bones before another small playset like the Slime Pit.
    There's no excuse for not soliciting it to retailers if they'll solicit other sets that would have the same price point.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_MCX View Post
    Hmm, hypothetically, I'm pretty sure that the next release of Scareglow would also be glow-in-the-dark especially since the first version was so hard to find and that he is a pretty popular character. Hypothetically of course
    Hi @Kevin_MCX!
    Pls can you maybe update us what's happening with the MOTU "Wave 3"? It's now like 6 months since it was spotted on internet and it's still not out. Hope it did not get cancelled at the end Thanks for any short sign of life

Master of Mega Construx
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladik841 View Post
    Hi @Kevin_MCX!
    Pls can you maybe update us what's happening with the MOTU "Wave 3"? It's now like 6 months since it was spotted on internet and it's still not out. Hope it did not get cancelled at the end Thanks for any short sign of life
    Hi Vladik841! This series is planned for a Fall 2021 release. Renders of the series leaked very early in the process that is why it seems like they are late, but they were always planned for release in the second half of 2021. I hope this helps.

Hi Vladik841! This series is planned for a Fall 2021 release. Renders of the series leaked very early in the process that is why it seems like they are late, but they were always planned for release in the second half of 2021. I hope this helps.
    I cannot wait! Im having Mega-withdrawals

Heroic Warrior
    Oh thank the Good! So much less information has come out, from pre-orders etc, about the amazing Masters of the Universe toys your team is making than Origins or Eternia Minis.
    With Roboto coming out this year as well as Man-E-Faces and Orko, you just need to produce She-Ra, Hordak, Ninjor, Clamp Champ, Ram Man, Mosquitor, and Webstor to catch up with where Origins will be in late 2021. They also have a Landshark, but you're ahead by multiple vehicles and Point Dread so I'll call the vehicle situation fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I cannot wait! I’m having Mega-withdrawals
    Same for me!
    Last edited by MCX-Eternia; May 3, 2021 at 08:03pm. Reason: Clarify

Great to hear... look forward to seeing them soon! (And hopefully some others too....?)
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior
    Many thanks for that transparent answer Kevin! As you see already from previous comments, appreciated

Heroic Warrior
    Follow-up questions @Kevin_MCX!
    If the Heroes Wave 3 comes out this year, that will still only be Mekaneck, Tri-Klops, Trap-Jaw, Roboto, Man-E-Faces, Roboto and Orko added to the cast this year.
    For 2020, you released two new construction sets and two Heroes waves with many redecoes of existing characters, such that the roster expanded by Moss Man (sort of), Prince Adam, Fisto, Stinkor, Mer-Man, Zodac, the Battle Armor versions of characters and the two Cats.
    2019 is, if I recall, when you first released all-MotU sets, with He-Man, Skeletor, Beast Man, Teela, Faker, Man-at-Arms, the Sorceress, the Goddess, Evil-Lyn, Stratos and Scare Glow (those last 3 in mixed Heroes cases).
    Do you have plans to increase the pace of releases, or will characters continue to dribble out this slowly every year?
    Also, why is Battle Bones the only MOTU San Diego Comic Con "exclusive" that hasn't gotten a retail version?! It's depressing to have that $250 hole in our collection, especially when Mega Construx is reminding us of it with a micro version this Advent!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    Follow-up questions @Kevin_MCX!
    If the Heroes Wave 3 comes out this year, that will still only be Mekaneck, Tri-Klops, Trap-Jaw, Roboto, Man-E-Faces and Orko added to the cast this year.
    For 2020, you released two new construction sets and two Heroes waves with many redecoes of existing characters, such that the roster expanded by Moss Man (sort of), Prince Adam, Fisto, Stinkor, Mer-Man, Zodac, the Battle Armor versions of characters and the two Cats.
    2019 is, if I recall, when you first released all-MotU sets, with He-Man, Skeletor, Beast Man, Teela, Faker, Man-at-Arms, the Sorceress, the Goddess, Evil-Lyn, Stratos and Scare Glow (those last 3 in mixed Heroes cases).
    Do you have plans to increase the pace of releases, or will characters continue to dribble out this slowly every year?
    Also, why is Battle Bones the only MOTU San Diego Comic Con "exclusive" that hasn't gotten a retail version?! It's depressing to have that $250 hole in our collection, especially when Mega Construx is reminding us of it with a micro version this Advent!
    Actually it seems with the 6 new figure molds which you counted it's over the average of new molds in a year(!) Look at the attached list, i counted new molds since the beginning of the line and i got:
    2017 - 4 (Beast man, He man, Skeletor, Teela)
    2018 - 2 (Man at arms, Evil lyn)
    2019 - 3 (Sorceress, Scare glow, Stratos)
    2020 - 4 (Mer man, Zodac, Fisto, Stinkor)

So, well, as much as it seems slow to us, the trend goes up. Of course it could still be better, i also love to get like 10 new each year Maybe our hopes went up as Kevin was showing all the great prototypes during 2020 PowerCon. This year is the hype of the MOTU brand with the cartoons coming on Netflix etc. Maybe next year it will still be high, but then it will get down as with every toys line. And then there are the rumors that Mattel (and Mega is part of Mattel) has the license for MOTU figures only till 2023. So with the average of 4 new figs a year i start to doubt that we will get full MOTU Vintage list anyways.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vladik841; May 7, 2021 at 02:40am.

Maybe our hopes went up as Kevin was showing all the great prototypes during 2020 PowerCon. This year is the hype of the MOTU brand with the cartoons coming on Netflix etc. Maybe next year it will still be high, but then it will get down as with every toys line. And then there are the rumors that Mattel (and Mega is part of Mattel) has the license for MOTU figures only till 2023. So with the average of 4 new figs a year i start to doubt that we will get full MOTU Vintage list anyways.
    Those prototypes were fantastic, and agreed, they really raised my hopes. At the very least, I hope we still get Clawful, Whiplash, Buzz-Off and Ram-Man. With Orko and Trapjaw on the way, that would at least complete my own personal interpretation of the 'core' characters.

Btw, has there been any confirmation of Orko other than the one in the advent calendar?
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    Those prototypes were fantastic, and agreed, they really raised my hopes.
    Mine too. It's frustrating to think that those prototypes shown in Summer 2020 might not all come out in 2022, and even if they did, there's no suggestion of She-Ra, Clamp Champ, or reuse-heavy major characters like King Randor and Kobra Khan.

Mine too. It's frustrating to think that those prototypes shown in Summer 2020 might not all come out in 2022, and even if they did, there's no suggestion of She-Ra, Clamp Champ, or reuse-heavy major characters like King Randor and Kobra Khan.
    I'd love them to be a little more regular, but so long as they do eventually release them, I'm happy enough!

Thanks to my friend for the heads up, I was able to PO the new wave off Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08V3KG5PN...P4FX6SF6Q0G252
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post

Awesome! thanks for the heads up..also pre-ordered

Heroic Warrior

Based on this picture Trap Jaws arm has a new design. The peg is not on the swap pieces, but on the hand. The swap pieces seem to have hooks to be hanging on the belt!! Cool!

Master of Mega Construx
    Awesome, glad that pre-orders for these are up.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...74108cda99.jpg

Based on this picture Trap Jaws arm has a new design. The peg is not on the swap pieces, but on the hand. The swap pieces seem to have hooks to be hanging on the belt!! Cool!
    Trap-Jaw's accessories will attach in the same way as his previous figure (Mini-Comic version included with the Laser Turret in the Skeletor Head). The image shows an earlier prototype design (I am not sure why). The good news is that TJ's and Roboto's accessories will be interchangeable.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Trap-Jaw's accessories will attach in the same way as his previous figure (Mini-Comic version included with the Laser Turret in the Skeletor Head). The image shows an earlier prototype design (I am not sure why). The good news is that TJ's and Roboto's accessories will be interchangeable.
    Very glad to hear this, thanks Kevin! Ordered 2 sets this morning - most excited for Man-E-Faces

Heroic Warrior
    sweet, got my preorder in. this is the best wave yet. never thought wed get this deep into a line like this but hope it doesn't slow down.

Thanks, man! I got mine pre-ordered.

Heroic Warrior
    That IS good news, @Kevin_MCX ... but are you allowed to tell if or why this is the only Heroes wave in 2021? Origins came out of the gate last year and is already about to release a sixth and seventh vintage character you haven't (Mosquitor and Webstor, following Ninjor, Hordak, She-Ra, Ram Man & Clamp Champ) while MotU's Minis line is pivoting to Revelation versions of characters the same month as that animated series.
    MCX looks like the only MotU line missing the boat on 2021.

That IS good news, @Kevin_MCX ... but are you allowed to tell if or why this is the only Heroes wave in 2021? Origins came out of the gate last year and is already about to release a sixth and seventh vintage character you haven't (Mosquitor and Webstor, following Ninjor, Hordak, She-Ra, Ram Man & Clamp Champ) while MotU's Minis line is pivoting to Revelation versions of characters the same month as that animated series.
    MCX looks like the only MotU line missing the boat on 2021.
    It does seem to be a pretty slow rollout compared to the other lines, which is weird because these figures are small and cheap! They should be pumping these out furiously!

Yes!! Thank you!

Heroic Warrior
    Are these exclusive to Amazon? I've never heard anything of the sort, but the Battle Ram never hit Wal-Mart did it? Do I need to get a pre-order. or are these going to actually show up in stores? Some clarity on this would be much appreciated.

Pre-ordered the new 5 figure set!