Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx MOTU wave 3

Heroic Warrior
    Since I asked the same question about the Battle-ram months ago, and still haven't gotten a response, I'm going to keep asking the same question about wave 3 until I get a response. Is wave 3 exclusive to Amazon? Will it show up at Wal-Mart? Do I need to pre-order this, or can I buy it in stores? I want 3 Man-E's and two Scare glows, and since Amazon doesn't allow multiples of a single figure I'd rather wait to buy them all in one lump sum. Is that a good idea, or a bad idea? Any info would be incredibly helpful. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Since I asked the same question about the Battle-ram months ago, and still haven't gotten a response, I'm going to keep asking the same question about wave 3 until I get a response. Is wave 3 exclusive to Amazon? Will it show up at Wal-Mart? Do I need to pre-order this, or can I buy it in stores? I want 3 Man-E's and two Scare glows, and since Amazon doesn't allow multiples of a single figure I'd rather wait to buy them all in one lump sum. Is that a good idea, or a bad idea? Any info would be incredibly helpful. Thank you.
    better to buy them now when you can and return the ones you don't want rather than HOPE to find anything in stores and pay more on the secondary market.
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior
    Kevin_MCX apparently doesn't want to answer questions, but my understanding as a fan is that NOTHING in this line has been an exclusive except carded flocked Panthor with Skeletor (Wal-Mart).
    Wal-Mart, Target and other B&M retailers just chose not to order Battle Rams. E-tailers other than Amazon offered it.

I think itís a safe bet Walmart will eventually Get them in store. They have gotten everything else except the battle ram and the big battle cat(which I have only seen at Amazon so far) including the last single carded figures. Itís a waiting game for possibly what will be the one case that arrives. These are brand new so grab a case and try to get multiples later is good advice, as said above.

This wave is not due out until this fall so maybe wait until then?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 9/30/2021

Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    Thanks to my friend for the heads up, I was able to PO the new wave off Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08V3KG5PN...P4FX6SF6Q0G252
    Got them! I had no idea these were up for preorder! Thank you so much for the link!!

I would love to see a Mega Attak Trak! Either vintage or Filmation (if that could be done at all).
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

I'm trying to find out which MC figures im missing and wondered if there a reason the Mega Construx line doesn't have a section in the .org Collecting>Toys section like all the other lines? It's got all the others including minis and even Masterverse now!

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    I'm trying to find out which MC figures im missing and wondered if there a reason the Mega Construx line doesn't have a section in the .org Collecting>Toys section like all the other lines? It's got all the others including minis and even Masterverse now!
    I've actually got a guide to all of the sets here:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...sual-Reference

(working on adding the Scubattack set today, hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by rexerm View Post

Keep up the good work man.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by rexerm View Post

Oh great! Thanks, Iím only collecting one of each character, I donít need every colour variation and donít need ALL the vehicles, so Iím only missing Moss Man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master of Mega Construx
    Distribution and sales are not my field, but I sent along questions to the experts and got some answers.
    This series is being produced as a bundle of five figures for online retailers. Each figure is individually carded as usual and packed in a brown shipper box. It is meant to be sold as a set of five, but if some e-tailers decide to break it up and sell individual figures, that is up to them. The series will not be produced in the usual tray of 21 figures for brick and mortar retailers. I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_MCX View Post
    Distribution and sales are not my field, but I sent along questions to the experts and got some answers.
    This series is being produced as a bundle of five figures for online retailers. Each figure is individually carded as usual and packed in a brown shipper box. It is meant to be sold as a set of five, but if some e-tailers decide to break it up and sell individual figures, that is up to them. The series will not be produced in the usual tray of 21 figures for brick and mortar retailers. I hope this helps!
    Appreciate the insight, thanks for that!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    This series is being produced as a bundle of five figures for online retailers. ... The series will not be produced in the usual tray of 21 figures for brick and mortar retailers.

In 2020, you offered 5 case assortments of NON-HALO Mega Construx Heroes to brick and mortar retailers. Does this mean this SKU is dead, unwanted? This is bad news for those of us who collect MCX MotU! Why do they have to share a product identity with those weird mixed cases of licensed characters that always leave shelfwarmers? It's going to be very frustrating if the carded MCX MotU figures die after this series! Mattel is able to get retailers to order $4.99 Eternia Minis, so what's the problem...?

Thanks for the info! So, we have these 5, the Battle Cat statue, and the Advent Calendar coming in 2021. Can you hint at anything more, or is that it for the year? Maybe more surprises like Zodac Scubattack?

Heroic Warrior
    I would have thought that the release of Fisto last year was telegraphing that they'd soon release Clamp Champ. They may or may not need to mold new parts to make a clamp, but other than that he's just the He-Man body with Fisto's cuirass and a new head.
    MCX's slideshow for the online Powercon 2020 previewed the following new characters from the vintage line:
    Ninjor, Webstor, Hordak, Ram Man, Buzz-Off, Clawful, Whiplash, Zodak (also Anti-Eternia He-Man and a couple of improbable deep cuts like Eldor and Mo-Larr) How will you get them to us if non-Halo Heroes are dead at retail? Do you have construction sets planned for all of them?
    And when will there be a retail version of Battle Bones? It's depressing for those of us who couldn't attend a 2019 convention that there's going to be a micro version of him in the Advent Calendar to mock us.

Is there a collecting section here on He-Man.org for Mega Construx? I don't see it, but maybe I'm overlooking it.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Is there a collecting section here on He-Man.org for Mega Construx? I don't see it, but maybe I'm overlooking it.
    For some reason, they are hidden in the Merchandising section, rather than the Toy section:
    https://www.he-man.org/merchandising/section.php?id=218

Got my big ol’ Battle Cat set in the mail today! I love this and cannot wait to build it! Bring on Panthor and the Steeds!

Heroic Warrior
    This whole line is kind of moot for me if I can't get Grayskull. Is that coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    This whole line is kind of moot for me if I can't get Grayskull. Is that coming back?
    Itís featured on the back of the Battle Cat Set I just received so, I think it will be back. Where? Thatís a good question. It also features the new Scubattack Skull and the 2 other skulls

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    What Glasstor said. Previously it was carried by Amazon, Target.com (not shelved in stores) and Gamestop.

Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    What Glasstor said. Previously it was carried by Amazon, Target.com (not shelved in stores) and Gamestop.
    Maybe Walmart as well, since We know they have a page and shelf tags for it. Although, they might confuse it with the Origins Grayskull- theyíve been doing that lately.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    The Amazon page now lists it as an Amazon exclusive, although the price has been well above the $249.99 MSRP for several weeks now (generally fluctuating between $311 and $350).

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks, both. I just wish there was something more 'official'. I'm not getting the sense that I can rely on the continuation or future of any of Mattel's MOTU lines at this point. It's... frustrating. (And probably so for Mattel as well.)