Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx MOTU wave 3

Master of Mega Construx
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    This whole line is kind of moot for me if I can't get Grayskull. Is that coming back?
    Good news, Castle Grayskull is returning in 2021. I don't have the specific in-stock date, but Amazon (and possibly other retailers) will be carrying it in Fall '21.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_MCX View Post
    Good news, Castle Grayskull is returning in 2021. I don't have the specific in-stock date, but Amazon (and possibly other retailers) will be carrying it in Fall '21.
    Great! I bought two the first time around (I like having all 4 walls), but I'd like to get a couple more to use to expand the size of the castle.

Thatís great news for those that missed out, I was lucky enough to snag one. Are there plans to re-release the earlier figure waves as well or will I have to pay aftermarket prices if I want to grab them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    That is good news! I've been keeping up with most everything, but never got Grayskull!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks, Kevin. That's good to hear!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks Kevin
    Does this mean no Snake Mountain until at least 2022?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dzathamza View Post
    Thanks Kevin
    Does this mean no Snake Mountain until at least 2022?
    Also no Battle Bones until at least 2022, and possibly never.
    When I missed out on getting access to the Buy/Sell forum here before SDCC 2019, I never would have imagined that while a slight variation of the "exclusive" Origins figures would hit Wal-Mart in 2020, Mega Construx Battle Bones would never hit retail and Kevin_MCX would keep dodging questions about it.

Perhaps there'll be something revealed at the SDCC this year? I'd love a Snake Mountain, as I'm sure most of us would. And as many more minifigs as possible... Not so bothered re Battle Bones, personally, but I'm sure I'd pick one up if it were re-released.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    Perhaps there'll be something revealed at the SDCC this year? I'd love a Snake Mountain, as I'm sure most of us would. And as many more minifigs as possible... Not so bothered re Battle Bones, personally, but I'm sure I'd pick one up if it were re-released.
    It's sad how few minifigs we're getting this year, unless the late-July assortment of 5 is followed by another by late-November.
    A wave with Hordak, Webstor, Ninjor, Clamp Champ and some other hero would probably need the fewest new parts...

Anyone know how much Grayskull was when it retailed before? I know I saw one at Think Geek (?) in the mall for $100, but it may have been a clearance item. I wasn't collecting MOTU at the time so I didn't look too hard at it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Anyone know how much Grayskull was when it retailed before? I know I saw one at Think Geek (?) in the mall for $100, but it may have been a clearance item. I wasn't collecting MOTU at the time so I didn't look too hard at it.
    I believe the original retail was $250

Heroic Warrior
    Yes retail was 250. I bought one from target when they had 25 off 100 and I was able to get them to price match Amazonís price of 130. Couldnít pass it up at the 110 price point.

Quote Originally Posted by dzathamza View Post
    I believe the original retail was $250
    drats. That's a bit too steep. I guess I'll look out for a sale. Hopefully Target will stock it again and it'll last until the 25% toy sale they regularly have, though I know it says Amazon exclusive on the web listing. I think $150 would be my upper limit on what I'd pay for it.

Damn, I really hope you guys in the US appreciate how cheap this stuff is for you!

Grayskull cost me AUD$325 (so about US$240) to get it to AustraliaÖ.the reality is you either pay it or you never collect anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is probably really going to anger people, but I got my Castle Grayskull for $75 from Amazon in one of their Black Friday "lightning deals" or whatever they called it. Arrived well-packed and in beautiful condition too. It really is an amazing sight and I hope they do reissue it for those who missed out.

Master of Mega Construx
    Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    Also no Battle Bones until at least 2022, and possibly never.
    When I missed out on getting access to the Buy/Sell forum here before SDCC 2019, I never would have imagined that while a slight variation of the "exclusive" Origins figures would hit Wal-Mart in 2020, Mega Construx Battle Bones would never hit retail and Kevin_MCX would keep dodging questions about it.
    As a fan myself, I understand. I really canít comment on possible future plans. This is for several reasons. One of them is that line plans change all the time. Projects are added along the way, sometimes get cancelled during development or change into something else. A good example is the Sky Sled set that was planned for 2020. A prototype was shown at SDCC. It got cancelled during the design phase and a year later it was redesigned as the Battle Ram that was released in early 2021.

Revealing plans too early can lead to disappointment and mix-ups. That said, the MEGA team would love to eventually translate every vehicle, playset and character into brick form and find ways to bring back more popular and harder-to-find ones as well. The team is treating this line like a marathon, rather than a sprint. That means that if it continues to do well, we will be talking about new sets for years to come.

As a fan myself, I understand. I really can’t comment on possible future plans. This is for several reasons. One of them is that line plans change all the time. Projects are added along the way, sometimes get cancelled during development or change into something else. A good example is the Sky Sled set that was planned for 2020. A prototype was shown at SDCC. It got cancelled during the design phase and a year later it was redesigned as the Battle Ram that was released in early 2021.

Revealing plans too early can lead to disappointment and mix-ups. That said, the MEGA team would love to eventually translate every vehicle, playset and character into brick form and find ways to bring back more popular and harder-to-find ones as well. The team is treating this line like a marathon, rather than a sprint. That means that if it continues to do well, we will be talking about new sets for years to come.

Appreciate the info Kevin_MCX.

If you really wanted to make waves, you should consider doing the Royal Palace. Even just the throne room would be something we have never seen before and would create a lot of buzz. Maybe this is already in consideration - I'm late to the game. I don't know how well they are selling, but that Funko modular Seinfeld's apartment line is pretty cool. Where they release a diorama of part of his apartment and a figure. I think there are 6 or so sets and you link them all up together to create the whole apartment from the show. Something like that for the Palace would be sweet - if you can't do it all at once. I think Mega Construx is the only line that could even do a Palace due to scale. Maybe the Eternia Minis...

I'm also rethinking the $250 Grayskull. It's a lot but it's a cool set... so much MOTU is out now. I have everything else (I think) except Battle Bones and the new Zodac Scubattack.
    Last edited by jibernish; July 2, 2021 at 09:36am.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    I'm also rethinking the $250 Grayskull. It's a lot but it's a cool set... so much MOTU is out now. I have everything else (I think) except Battle Bones and the new Zodac Scubattack.
    Buy it if you can. It's awesome.

It's a really, really well-made set, too. Everything from the Vintage/Classics castle is in there and working. Fun to build, looks great on shelf. And, for comparison's sake, if Lego had released Grayskull, it would cost about $350 (Lego is typically $0.10/piece).

As a fan myself, I understand. I really canít comment on possible future plans. This is for several reasons. One of them is that line plans change all the time. Projects are added along the way, sometimes get cancelled during development or change into something else. A good example is the Sky Sled set that was planned for 2020. A prototype was shown at SDCC. It got cancelled during the design phase and a year later it was redesigned as the Battle Ram that was released in early 2021.

Thank you for the info, Kevin! Really great to hear there are plans for this line to continue long-term.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior
    Projects are added along the way, sometimes get cancelled during development or change into something else. A good example is the Sky Sled set that was planned for 2020. A prototype was shown at SDCC. It got cancelled during the design phase and a year later it was redesigned as the Battle Ram that was released in early 2021.

I get that. However there's a big difference between a set getting cancelled and redesigned into something better (excitement for a Scare No-Glow and those variants of Prince Adam and Beast Man with a small build was pretty muted compared to all new characters with a bigger build) and the one-and-only version of something being a scalper exclusive.
    It's great how many characters you're able to keep at retail at one time. I think "Battle for Eternia" is still available for less than MSRP, so counting that and Heroes Wave 3 I think the harder-to-find characters are just:
    Prince Adam, Evil-Lyn, Stratos, Moss Man, Stinkor and arguably Fisto.
    Except for Stratos, you can rationally expect these characters to be in more demand than at any time since this line began three weeks from now.

Thanks for replying!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    I get that. However there's a big difference between a set getting cancelled and redesigned into something better (excitement for a Scare No-Glow and those variants of Prince Adam and Beast Man with a small build was pretty muted compared to all new characters with a bigger build) and the one-and-only version of something being a scalper exclusive.
    It's great how many characters you're able to keep at retail at one time. I think "Battle for Eternia" is still available for less than MSRP, so counting that and Heroes Wave 3 I think the harder-to-find characters are just:
    Prince Adam, Evil-Lyn, Stratos, Moss Man, Stinkor and arguably Fisto.
    Except for Stratos, you can rationally expect these characters to be in more demand than at any time since this line began three weeks from now.

Thanks for replying!
    It depends on what you define as ďhard to findĒ. We in Europe have the only source for Mega Masters: Ebay. And they are still all there

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Buy it if you can. It's awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexerm View Post
    It's a really, really well-made set, too. Everything from the Vintage/Classics castle is in there and working. Fun to build, looks great on shelf. And, for comparison's sake, if Lego had released Grayskull, it would cost about $350 (Lego is typically $0.10/piece).
    Thanks for the advice - I will definitely consider it strongly. Even besides the castle I really want those Sorceress and Goddess figures.

BEST....LINE...EVER.

Thank you so much for what you have done so far and for whatever you will be able to put out in the future.!!

By the way, do you know when we should start looking for pre-orders of the Holiday advent calendar? That looks so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    BEST....LINE...EVER.

Thank you so much for what you have done so far and for whatever you will be able to put out in the future.!!

By the way, do you know when we should start looking for pre-orders of the Holiday advent calendar? That looks so cool!
    I agree. The advent calendar looks like a lot of fun.