Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx MOTU wave 3

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Great! I bought two the first time around (I like having all 4 walls), but I'd like to get a couple more to use to expand the size of the castle.
    Could you share some pictures of your full 4 sided CG please? Iíd love to see that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Kevin. I just want to say thank you for keeping in touch in any capacity you can. It means a lot to me as a fan of this line that there's some line of communication between the fans and the company. Mega Construx is currently the only MOTU thing that I'm excited about at all, and it's my hope this line continues into the far future. I know reality gets in the way of our fondest wishes, so I understand when stuff gets delayed or changed. If Mega Construx plans on getting to everything eventually, then I legit have no complaints. So thanks again for keeping us in the know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_MCX View Post
    As a fan myself, I understand. I really canít comment on possible future plans. This is for several reasons. One of them is that line plans change all the time. Projects are added along the way, sometimes get cancelled during development or change into something else. A good example is the Sky Sled set that was planned for 2020. A prototype was shown at SDCC. It got cancelled during the design phase and a year later it was redesigned as the Battle Ram that was released in early 2021.

Revealing plans too early can lead to disappointment and mix-ups. That said, the MEGA team would love to eventually translate every vehicle, playset and character into brick form and find ways to bring back more popular and harder-to-find ones as well. The team is treating this line like a marathon, rather than a sprint. That means that if it continues to do well, we will be talking about new sets for years to come.

Scuba Attack Zodac just hit BBTS. They also have the other 2 Skeletor heads from the wave and the Battle Ram.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Scuba Attack Zodac just hit BBTS. They also have the other 2 Skeletor heads from the wave and the Battle Ram.
    Went to grab one just now. Itís sold out

Itís being reported that the advent calendar is being cancelled, German site cancelled preorders stating Mattel not producing it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    Itís being reported that the advent calendar is being cancelled, German site cancelled preorders stating Mattel not producing it anymore.
    Yeah, I saw that... drats. It would have been a fun set.

In other news, I found Castle Grayskull unopened for $210 including shipping and I nabbed it. So the only thing I'm missing outside of 1 or 2 color swaps (maybe, I'm not sure) is Battle Bones and that blocky looking Battle Cat (which I don't want). Would be nice to get Battle Bones some day.

I may be misinterpreting it, but this IGN article (https://www.ign.com/articles/comic-c...s-how-to-watch) giving timings for Comic Con at Home 2021 says that on Friday 23rd July at 1pm PT Mega Construx will "drop new Kozik MOTU collab and sneak peeks!"

I don't know what Kozik means - I've briefly googled and got nothing, so perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me can chime in? But hopefully the panel will give us some news on where the line is going from here.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    on Friday 23rd July at 1pm PT Mega Construx will "drop new Kozik MOTU collab and sneak peeks!"

I don't know what Kozik means - I've briefly googled and got nothing, so perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me can chime in? But hopefully the panel will give us some news on where the line is going from here.
    Looks like Frank Kozik is some obscure artist or designer who makes rabbit (trademarked? as "labbit") toys. http://www.entertainmentearth.com/s/...d=FU-407013701
    Sounds like a waste of resources distracting from what everyone is asking them for.

Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    Looks like Frank Kozik is some obscure artist or designer who makes rabbit (trademarked? as "labbit") toys. http://www.entertainmentearth.com/s/...d=FU-407013701
    Sounds like a waste of resources distracting from what everyone is asking them for.
    The Madsaki "just spray paint a vintage toy, bro" type of crap is hitting Mega Construx, sounds like. Woo, can't wait!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by rexerm View Post
    The Madsaki "just spray paint a vintage toy, bro" type of crap is hitting Mega Construx, sounds like. Woo, can't wait!
    @Kevin_MCX should come justify how crap like this doesn't take resources away from other releases.

Well ... who knows? If it's a rabbit-themed MOTU release, perhaps it's Plundor! Don't tell me you wouldn't be up for that!

The article also mentions sneak peeks - hopefully that's something else as well as the Kozik thing.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior
    Well ... who knows? If it's a rabbit-themed MOTU release, perhaps it's Plundor! Don't tell me you wouldn't be up for that!
    Of course, as long as it looks like Plundor and not this guy's usual art style in purple.

I am absolutely up for that! I will say, at least there is no MCX SDCC 2021 exclusive set again this year -- nice not to have to worry about.

I am absolutely up for that! I will say, at least there is no MCX SDCC 2021 exclusive set again this year -- nice not to have to worry about.
    I'd be so up for it too. In fact now I've thought of it, I REALLY want it!

Yep, great not to have to panic about trying to get hold of exclusives, that's a right stress.

Oh baby, never thought Iíd see one but this just (along with a ridiculous amount of other MC gear) arrived from 829racerÖ.thanks so much for helping me out!!!

Iíve never been a mint on card guy but I canít seem to bring myself to crack this one open just yet.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Oh baby, never thought Iíd see one but this just (along with a ridiculous amount of other MC gear) arrived from 829racerÖ.thanks so much for helping me out!!!

Iíve never been a mint on card guy but I canít seem to bring myself to crack this one open just yet.
    Oh my Goddess, I want that so very badly! How did you find someone to help you out rather than charge eBay price?

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f67b56dfa4.jpg
    Oh my, Iím totally jealous! Congrats!!!

On another note, does this line feel like they are ending it? Iím nervous. I love the MCX MOTU but, it feels like things are getting canceled, the figures donít seem to go to retail anymore(Only cases online?), not much out this whole year...Iím scared.

Kevin, youíre our only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    On another note, does this line feel like they are ending it? Iím nervous. I love the MCX MOTU but, it feels like things are getting canceled, the figures donít seem to go to retail anymore(Only cases online?), not much out this whole year...Iím scared.
    They actually just answered this question on The Twitters and said "Stay tuned for exciting new releases coming next year!", so we're good for bit still!
    https://twitter.com/MegaConstrux/sta...52746297454599

What I feel like is going on is some sort of strategy adjustment on their part. Might be the individual figures were peg-warming a bit too much, or they just want to change things up, or something...? The Skeletor skulls, the (delayed) calendar, and the Battle Cat model all feel like they're testing the waters to see what sells.

They actually just answered this question on The Twitters and said "Stay tuned for exciting new releases coming next year!", so we're good for bit still!
    https://twitter.com/MegaConstrux/sta...52746297454599

What I feel like is going on is some sort of strategy adjustment on their part. Might be the individual figures were peg-warming a bit too much, or they just want to change things up, or something...? The Skeletor skulls, the (delayed) calendar, and the Battle Cat model all feel like they're testing the waters to see what sells.
    I guess Iíll keep my pants on

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    I expect 2022 to be a big year for the 40th anniversary.

I'd be so up for it too. In fact now I've thought of it, I REALLY want it!

Yep, great not to have to panic about trying to get hold of exclusives, that's a right stress.
    Well, we spoke too soon, with this being the SDCC21 exclusive:
    b.jpg

Lame. Super lame. Do the young peoples really like this "labbit" art guy?

Well, we spoke too soon, with this being the SDCC21 exclusive:
    b.jpg

Lame. Super lame. Do the young peoples really like this "labbit" art guy?
    Hm. Well, Plundor was wishful thinking.

This labbit business isn't for me, but seeing as it's an exclusive, that's probably just as well, as I'd never have got my paws on it anyway. At least there's still life in the line. Have they made any announcement about next year's releases?

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    This labbit business isn't for me, but seeing as it's an exclusive, that's probably just as well, as I'd never have got my paws on it anyway. At least there's still life in the line. Have they made any announcement about next year's releases?
    Yeah, I don't get the labbits either. Hopefully someone does, as I'd hate for this not to sell well on the heals of the advent calendar cancellation, and them thinking "well, no one bought that awesome labbit exclusive we made, so there's not much of a market for new MOTU Mega."

I'm glad to see there's no "Mega Construx" logo on the box. I'll consider this thing a different line -- like those He-Man and Skeletor "kubros" -- and *not* fight with the scalpers to buy this thing for the sole purpose of adding to my Visual Guide.

No 2022 announcements yet. I wonder if those are held for Power-Con?