Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Games Would You Like To See An HD Remaster?

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Transformers War of Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron
    Like how Kingdom of Amalur getting remastered? I'm hoping for Fall of Cybertron would get the same treatment.

For really on the "HD remaster" Sand of Times trilogy, nuff said.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I remember one of my favourite old school game series were the Wizards & Warriors games, especially the second one, Ironsword where you got to battle the forces of Air, Water, Fire and Earth. I love the topic of nature's elements.
    I used to have that game on the NES.

I also love all the classic TMNT games, especially the arcade game.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Hey, something we can agree on... The TMNT arcade games are awesome!

I have the Arcade 1up cabinet that includes both arcade games, which is the only one of these cabinets that I have so far.

Heroic Warrior
    The TMNT games, especially Turtles in Time, would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I remember a game that came out for a system I didn't own at the time... I want to say Gamecube. Something about a psychological horror game where you could only see the monsters through a camera lens. And the whole idea was you weren't sure what was real and what wasn't.

No idea what it was called, but I always wanted to play that one! Sounded awesome.
    Fatal Frame?

On remakes generally speaking I think it's a fun idea but in most/many cases might as well just make a sequel to the game. Typically along with movies I think remakes should be to improve on games that either don't hold up over time or could have been great but gameplay issues along with developing graphical engines at the time prevented from being great.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yep, it affected a bunch of players on PS3. It was late in the campaign, during one of the Grimlock missions your savegame data became corrupted and the game would not allow you to proceed to the next chapter.

I played up to the same point twice and had the same error both times... so, sadly, I never got to finish the game. I researched the issue back when it was happening, and a few other gamers had work-arounds, but none of them worked for me.
    Wow, dude, that's so sad! The finale of Fall of Cybertron is one of the best ever! It is fast paced, and you go from character to character, different POVs, until the final battle between OP and Megs on top of the Arc as it enters the space bridge vortex!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Fatal Frame?
    Maybe??? I'm not sure. I'm beginning to think that i'm somehow combining Fatal Frame and Eternal Darkness: sanity's requiem in my mind.

Maybe there were two games I really wanted to play some time, but over the years merged them

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    On remakes generally speaking I think it's a fun idea but in most/many cases might as well just make a sequel to the game. Typically along with movies I think remakes should be to improve on games that either don't hold up over time or could have been great but gameplay issues along with developing graphical engines at the time prevented from being great.
    For me, it's more about the system they're on. There are some games that are just too amazing to let drift off to obscurity because their system fell out of favor. I don't need 'remakes', or HD upgrades or whatever... I just want to play some older games. Upgrades are nice... but not necessary.

ESPECIALLY when sequels and stuff start bridging different systems. Assassin's Creed is a big one where it's not like a Mario game and you can play all 30 of them in any order and skip whatever you don't like. They have a continuing continuity that bridges at least the first 6-7 games and everyone ended on a cliffhanger.. If I want to jump into that, I don't want to have to track down Every Playstation from PS2 to PS5 to get the story.

Backwards compatibiliy can help a LOT with that... but if they don't do that for whatever reason... at least rerelease it for the current system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post

I have the Arcade 1up cabinet that includes both arcade games, which is the only one of these cabinets that I have so far.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...g?v=1568058187
    Those are cool... but just sooooo expensive. I've seen a couple i want, but besides not having room for them all... it feels like buying a PS4 price and being able to play one or two games....

There was a marvel one I saw somewhere with about 5 of the marvel super hero fighting games/children of the atom/streetfigher vs. X-men etc that was REALLLLLY tempting.

Pretty much we needed nowafter getting Street of Rage 4.

I played TMNT on Genesis, that would be neat to remastered and revisit.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post

If you're interested I might be able to point you in the direction of someone that could help add a lot of games to your cabinet. I'm no expert but follow a group that specializes in it.
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yep, it affected a bunch of players on PS3. It was late in the campaign, during one of the Grimlock missions your savegame data became corrupted and the game would not allow you to proceed to the next chapter.

I played up to the same point twice and had the same error both times... so, sadly, I never got to finish the game. I researched the issue back when it was happening, and a few other gamers had work-arounds, but none of them worked for me.
    Definitely tragic then, since it cut out the best mission of the game. If they did do a remake they would certainly fix that bug.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the only one I played was Hyperstone Heist. Which is a shame because I liked those kinds of beat-em ups.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Definitely tragic then, since it cut out the best mission of the game. If they did do a remake they would certainly fix that bug.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the only one I played was Hyperstone Heist. Which is a shame because I liked those kinds of beat-em ups.
    Yeah, I remember Hyperstone Heist to be honest, Was the one of the mission were Beat-em ups on a small speedboat or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    The TMNT games, especially Turtles in Time, would be cool.
    Ubisoft did do a remake of TMNT: Turtles in Time back in 2009 called Re-Shelled.

It was a complete remake with 3-D graphics and pseudo-TMNT2003 Turtle models.

Sadly, it just didn't have the same zip that the original does and thus, had a mixed reception.

I still enjoy playing through it every now again, but I prefer the SNES port - even over the arcade version.

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Wow, dude, that's so sad! The finale of Fall of Cybertron is one of the best ever! It is fast paced, and you go from character to character, different POVs, until the final battle between OP and Megs on top of the Arc as it enters the space bridge vortex!

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    I know...

I keep scouring the interwebs for a Steam Key for both War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Yeah, I remember Hyperstone Heist to be honest, Was the one of the mission were Beat-em ups on a small speedboat or something?
    Rocket powered boogie boards as I remember it.
    I am Imp's number one fan.