Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 50 of 50

Thread: What is your favorite movie and least favorite movie of 2020?

  1. #26
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    6,985
    I finally saw Wonder Woman 1984 today after another month of hospital unpleasantness, so I really needed a treat and this movie was IT! I loved it! I knew I would, but even I was blown away by how amazing it was and my sister liked it too, people in the audience even clapped at certain bits! Even though I was in a wheelchair and in a lot of pain, I enjoyed this movie. I know Kristen Wiig only played Cheetah for a short scene, it was well worth the wait and I loved the build-up of Barbara Minerva's character, she was a deep and intriguing character. Gal Gadot is impressive as always and I loved the mid-credit scene with Lynda Carter as Asteria.

    I can't wait until the DVD release!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  2. #27
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    112
    My favorite movies of 2020-2021

    -Shudder's Z
    -Shudder's Scare Package even though its dumb
    -New of the World
    -Shadow in the Cloud. World War II horror action movie involving a gremlin

    least favorite
    the other awful cheap looking direct to video horror movies you find at Walmart

  3. #28
    Friend of fox Rhanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eternian Pampas
    Posts
    2,263
    I haven't seen many new movies on 2020 since they weren't released, still:

    Fav: Soul

    Least fav: Tenet and Birds of Prey (I could not watch the latter completely actually since I cringed at the first "fight" of Black Canary girl power and turned it off)
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

    My feedback thread

  4. #29
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    201
    The only "New" movie I watched all year was Bill & Ted Face The Music. So that was easily The Best by default. I watched a lot of movies this year but all older stuff on Blu-ray, nothing really new.

    Waiting for the Blu-ray before bothering to see Wonder Woman. I read a lot of Spoilers in general so I knew over a year ago that it wasn't going to be anywhere near as good as the first one - which I liked a lot - but I was not at all prepared for just how MUCH negativity and backlash it's getting. I thought for sure that the visuals alone would have made people give it a pass, but apparently not. So if I had watched it, it's pretty safe to assume that would have been The Worst. I'll see it eventually for sure, but man... no urgency whatsoever.

    I'm kind of a weirdo. I see a lot of stuff way after it comes out. I also have very little urgency to watch movies my gut tells me I won't like. So you won't find me actually griping about too many movies I've seen; if I don't think I'm gonna like them, I generally avoid them, at least for a very long time.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  5. #30
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    6,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    The only "New" movie I watched all year was Bill & Ted Face The Music. So that was easily The Best by default. I watched a lot of movies this year but all older stuff on Blu-ray, nothing really new.

    Waiting for the Blu-ray before bothering to see Wonder Woman. I read a lot of Spoilers in general so I knew over a year ago that it wasn't going to be anywhere near as good as the first one - which I liked a lot - but I was not at all prepared for just how MUCH negativity and backlash it's getting. I thought for sure that the visuals alone would have made people give it a pass, but apparently not. So if I had watched it, it's pretty safe to assume that would have been The Worst. I'll see it eventually for sure, but man... no urgency whatsoever.

    I'm kind of a weirdo. I see a lot of stuff way after it comes out. I also have very little urgency to watch movies my gut tells me I won't like. So you won't find me actually griping about too many movies I've seen; if I don't think I'm gonna like them, I generally avoid them, at least for a very long time.
    The backlash and negativity are completely unwarranted, I saw Wonder Woman 1984 yesterday and was totally enchanted! I can't wait for the DVD release! I never listen to naysayers.

    I would have seen it earlier, but I had a lot of medical stuff going on.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  6. #31
    Heroic Warrior Night Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,008
    I had to peruse the list of 2020 US movies to remember what I watched. This has probably been the worst years for films I can think of.

    The only movie that I somewhat thought was OK was The Devil All The Time, and I didn't care much for it. It was just a very mediocre movie, but I watched it the entire way through, unlike the other movies from 2020.

    The biggest disappointment was Bill and Ted Face the Music. I was hoping it would've been remotely funny. It failed on every level. But hey, Dave Grohl cameo.

    I didn't care for the first Wonder Woman, so I cared even less for the sequel. Gal Gadot has not improved on her stilted, monotone delivery in any perceivable way and I marvel at how she was able to land such a big role. She reminds me of when the owner of a car dealership narrates his own radio commercial and he's just reading off a page with no emotion or emphasis. Leave it to the pros, Gal.

    I was given free tickets to Birds of Prey and walked out about twenty minutes in. That was the last movie I saw in-theatre, and if that's the best Hollywood can come up with, I won't be returning.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

  7. #32
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    6,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    I didn't care for the first Wonder Woman, so I cared even less for the sequel. Gal Gadot has not improved on her stilted, monotone delivery in any perceivable way and I marvel at how she was able to land such a big role. She reminds me of when the owner of a car dealership narrates his own radio commercial and he's just reading off a page with no emotion or emphasis. Leave it to the pros, Gal.
    I think Gal Gadot is brilliantly beautiful and talented, she is warm and inviting, strong and fearless yet compassionate.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  8. #33
    Heroic Warrior Night Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I think Gal Gadot is brilliantly beautiful and talented, she is warm and inviting, strong and fearless yet compassionate.
    I didn't say she wasn't any of those things. I said she can't act. That's the major requirement for being an actor. I don't pay money to see a beautiful, talented woman be warm and fearless, I pay to see her act.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

  9. #34
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    6,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    I didn't say she wasn't any of those things. I said she can't act. That's the major requirement for being an actor. I don't pay money to see a beautiful, talented woman be warm and fearless, I pay to see her act.
    Gal Gadot is a brilliant actress who emotes every scene perfectly!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior Night Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Gal Gadot is a brilliant actress who emotes every scene perfectly!
    Can't tell if you're being serious or not, so I'll just leave it as is...
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

  11. #36
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    201
    I don't grade Gal Gadot quite as harshly as Night Stalker does, but... I do think she's getting rather "exposed", the more movies she's in. She's quite wooden at times. Like, her first appearance as Wonder Woman, she had like a handful of lines but really pulled off the character's look and intensity during the action scenes, so it was easier to overlook some of her line delivery being less than stellar. But even then... man, listening to her try SUPER hard to pronounce the word "horrors" correctly at the end of BvS is pretty laughable. You just know that was like the eighth take, and Zack was like "It's Hor-ors, Gal, not... y'know, the other thing. TWO syllables." And she STILL only barely got it out.

    I liked the first Wonder Woman a lot, but still, plenty of "protected booking" to hide her faults and make her look good. With the new one... the more I see of it, the less I want to see (although to be fair a LOT of that isn't so much her as it is Every Single Other Thing about the movie). I'm still fine with her being Wonder Woman but it's becoming pretty clear that her actual acting range is limited. I know she's got a gig as Cleopatra coming up but I don't see her getting a ton of roles outside of this and that. I don't think she's bad but she's definitely pretty stiff.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  12. #37
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    6,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Can't tell if you're being serious or not, so I'll just leave it as is...
    I never say anything I don't mean.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  13. #38
    Co-Creator of the NV
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,942
    I thought that Gal was fine in WW1984, but the movie as a whole was disappointing. I enjoyed it as a mindless popcorn flic, but in the end it was really disjointed and needed a few script rewrites. Easily the worst of the modern crop of DC movies (from BvS onwards).

    On the upside, I think that the future of the WW franchise looks pretty bright - and I figure that this movie set the floor of what to expect. The next movie is almost guaranteed to he better

  14. #39
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    6,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I thought that Gal was fine in WW1984, but the movie as a whole was disappointing. I enjoyed it as a mindless popcorn flic, but in the end it was really disjointed and needed a few script rewrites. Easily the worst of the modern crop of DC movies (from BvS onwards).

    On the upside, I think that the future of the WW franchise looks pretty bright - and I figure that this movie set the floor of what to expect. The next movie is almost guaranteed to he better
    I still love all the DC movies. I would like to see Giganta in WW3.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  15. #40
    Heroic Warrior MJOLNIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,550
    Honestly there hasnít been a new movie that Iíve seen a trailer for this year that has made me even want to get out of bed,

  16. #41
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,482
    My least favorite movie last year is Wonder Woman. I haven't seen it yet but I just know I will not like it.
    Last edited by Uki; January 29, 2021 at 11:41am.
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

  17. #42
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    12,713
    I better post my response before this thread gets locked down as well...

    Since I only watched 1 2020 film that year, my choice for both favorite and least favorite movie is Bill and Ted Face The Music.

    It is my favorite because I really enjoyed the Bill and Ted portions of the movie. It was good to see them back together and interacting with their future counterparts. I also liked the killer android and his blunders.

    It is my least favorite because I really didnít like the other parts with their daughters and the historical musical personalities. Those were pretty flat for me. The guy playing Louis Armstrong was particularly bad. Also, the movie looked pretty cheap. I know this was done on a limited budget but it really shows in this special effects heavy film.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

  18. #43
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    201
    I really liked it, but there were a few things that could've been done better or differently. I think it needed maybe just one more pass at the script. There were times when it felt for me like Bill and Ted were merely passengers in their own story, and in the end they were mostly just adding to the runtime with their misadventures while their daughters were the ones who proactively went about "saving the universe" and whatnot. Towards the end it felt less like the nostalgic reunion movie everyone wanted/expected, and more like a "backdoor pilot" for a "Billie and Thea's Excellent Adventure" spin-off movie, which I'm sure will be announced sooner or later. Also, Keanu felt sort of reluctant in his Ted delivery, at times. Winter was spot-on as Bill but it felt like Reeves needed to get "warmed up" and some of his scenes kinda felt like they needed more takes for him to "shake the rust off". And the Princesses' subplot being reduced to an exposition dump where we don't actually SEE them go anywhere or do anything felt really cheap, like "Yeah we ran out of money so we didn't shoot any of those scenes, but trust us, we went on a Big Epic Time Adventure of our own and it was super important to the plot. Just take our word for it." I am extremely understanding of the Real World Reasons for things like this, but all the same, I would have liked to actually SEE more of that subplot.

    Overall I really liked it, though. More than I thought I would, even. There were early drafts of the scripts where Billie and Thea didn't get along with their Dads and thought they were a couple of sad-sack losers, and holy Hell, I'm glad they didn't do that. I felt like the movie as-is sort of leaned on that a bit hard, but that would have been overkill.

    It had some issues, but as a huge fan of the franchise I got what I wanted out of it... mostly. Like it's better than it could've been, given all the lousy reboots and "too late" sequels we generally get nowadays. It needed another pass at the script but it's still a minor miracle that it's even as good as it is.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  19. #44
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I liked the first Wonder Woman a lot, but still, plenty of "protected booking" to hide her faults and make her look good. With the new one... the more I see of it, the less I want to see (although to be fair a LOT of that isn't so much her as it is Every Single Other Thing about the movie). I'm still fine with her being Wonder Woman but it's becoming pretty clear that her actual acting range is limited. I know she's got a gig as Cleopatra coming up but I don't see her getting a ton of roles outside of this and that. I don't think she's bad but she's definitely pretty stiff.
    I think in the first film her beauty and characters innocence hid some of the acting flaws she may have had. I, for one, accepted them as just an inner kindness of the character.

    Her having that same "innocence" (naivety) in the new movie probably doesn't come off very well.
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

  20. #45
    Moondancin' dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    6,091
    Mod note:

    Please keep the discussion on topic and off of each other. The opinions of every user should be respected and not argued about, please remember that to help keep the forums a friendly place. If the back and forth bickering continues, infractions will be issued. Thanks!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

  21. #46
    Heroic Warrior Granamyr's Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Dragon's Head
    Posts
    86
    I saw very few movies last year with everything going on, but Soul really surprised me. Pixar had felt a bit flat for awhile to me, and Soul felt like they really got their groove back.

    Bill and Ted was also a pleasant surprise. Way better than I thought could ever be possible after all these years. It wasn't perfect, and agree on some parts not working so well, but overall it looks they had a lot of run reprising the roles. Loved seeing Death again too, he stole the show in Bogus Journey.

  22. #47
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,754
    Mod Note: Let's be sure to maintain respect and civility in here, gang, avoiding the veiled barbs at others.
    Also, understand that everyone might not agree with you, and that such disagreements are not personal attacks.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  23. #48
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    6,985
    I'm looking forward to The Suicide Squad, Cruella and the animated Addams Family 2 (with my beloved Bette Midler as Grandmama) this year.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  24. #49
    Heroic Warrior Lokus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    478
    Having thought it over . My favorite movies of 2020 were all the DC animated movies .

  25. #50
    Mer-Man Repaint Stinkor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    495
    I donít remember any movies I saw last year because Iíve made a concerted effort to forget everything about 2020.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •