Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 825 of 1044

Thread: MOTU origins preorders up at Big Bad Toy Store

  1. #801
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Wind Raider is dropping into the Pile of Loot soon!!
    Hopefully that is accurate as Iíve gotten about 10 different emails from them in the last 3 days saying items would drop in my loot from all kinds of different lines but none have shown up yet. And then the one item that did hit my loot i never got an advance notification email for.

  2. #802
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    512
    Got the notification just now! Of course this comes a week after all my other MOTUO had to ship.

  3. #803
    Heroic Warrior Brasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lake Grove, NY
    Posts
    989
    Got the wind raider email as well.
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

  4. #804
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    1,109
    Yep, same here, Wind Raider.

    Still waiting on like 8 or so figures, but hey, it's something!
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  5. #805
    Heroic Warrior Stratos88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    379
    I didn't think the Wind Raider was going to make the estimated June release! Hopefully that's a sign of Mattel getting these things out more reliably going forward.

  6. #806
    It says ICEMAN oICEMANo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    9,496
    Is there a list of the Origins waves and what they included anywhere?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

  7. #807
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Is there a list of the Origins waves and what they included anywhere?
    Wave 1: He-man, Skeletor, Teela, Man-at-Arms, Beast Man, Evil-lyn
    Wave 2: Orko, Man-e-Faces, Scareglow, Trap Jaw
    Wave 3: Roboto, Zodac, Mer-man, She-ra
    Wave 4: Hordak, Ninjor, Tri-klops, Stratos
    Wave 5: 200x Evil-lyn, LoP Mer-man, Fisto, Faker; He-man and Skeletor reissue with vintage heads
    Wave 6: LoP Beast Man, Stinkor, Webstor, Green Goddess

    Deluxe Wave 1: BA He-man, BA Skeletor, Clamp Champ, Ram Man
    Deluxe Wave 2: Buzzsaw Hordak, Mosquitor* (Buzzsaw released early with a refresh of BAs while Mosquitor is held back til who knows when

    Vehicles released so far (in released order): Battle Cat, Sky Sled, Panthor, Landshark, Wind Raider

    And Castle Greyskull
    Let's see a Deluxe Dylamug in MOTU Origins!

  8. #808
    It says ICEMAN oICEMANo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    9,496
    thanks

    - - - Updated - - -

    Does anyone have any idea how the international rollout looks wave-wise? Cos we havent got wave 1-3 of the single carded figures yet
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

  9. #809
    Heroic Warrior ProteinNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    293
    Australia isnít getting a release until August/Sept according to their customer service.

    Try emailing your countries Mattel CS and ask.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #810
    Heroic Warrior Mattlor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    353
    For some reason we only got wave 3 in my area at 3 different Walmarts. One of which is 45 mins from the others. It is definitely a distribution issue. These toys are selling fast. I first reported that we had a shipper in my area that was full of Ram Mans and Clamp Champ. When I checked yesterday it was nearly empty. For some reason none of our Walmarts have restocked.

    I do understand that shipments are taking awhile due to the current health climate to get back on track. Some of my mail items having taken a month. I assume that things will start to balance out again.

    I am trying to stay positive, though I have turned to Ebay sellers to try to get figures. What I am finding annoying is that there was the early statement that the line would be available at mass retail this year, but I am disappointed that many of us can not even find them at all. If Mattel reps are going to make such as statement, they should only say so if they have a solid distribution plan in place, which I assume they do. As I said before, I am lucky I have seen some figures from wave 3.. but where is He-Man or Skeletor in my area??

    What seems more discouraging is Mattel is focusing on putting out hard to get exclusives which I think is more insult. We have target exclusives, Power-Con exclusives and a BBTS exclusive.

    It just feels way to many exclusives this early in a line that is just beginning especially in a line that is not widely yet distributed.

    I get having an exclusive figure for a Power-Con exclusive. But instead of a 4 pack of great figures, or an accessory set for a widely available playset, they should have kept it to the faker looking set with the robotic battle cat. Three seems like a lot this early on, with highly sought after figures. This of course again considering the current Health Climate. I think Power Con is a great way for fans to unite and meet up. However I am not able to fly to the states even if I wanted to living in Canada, as I would imagine it being the same for other countries. Also there are no Targets here.. again I can not take a road trip across the border due to the health Climate that, "news flash Mattel", is affecting the whole world! If it was me I would open up a Mattel site to pre-order these figures so that other countries could have a chance to obtain exclusives much like Hasbro Pulse does. Target exclusives are available on their site it would be nice to be able to get the sets that way going forward if they continue with certain retailer exclusives. Heck even sell regular releases so those without can obtain them. Seems like a safe way of driving up sales and keeping line sales strong.

    I hope that we see figures and restocks showing up soon.
    Last edited by Mattlor; June 24, 2021 at 06:12pm.

  11. #811
    Widget ek79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlor View Post
    For some reason we only got wave 3 in my area at 3 different Walmarts. One of which is 45 mins from the others. It is definitely a distribution issue. These toys are selling fast. I first reported that we had a shipper in my area that was full of Ram Mans and Clamp Champ. When I checked yesterday it was nearly empty. For some reason none of our Walmarts have restocked.

    I do understand that shipments are taking awhile due to the current health climate to get back on track. Some of my mail items having taken a month. I assume that things will start to balance out again.

    I am trying to stay positive, though I have turned to Ebay sellers to try to get figures. What I am finding annoying is that there was the early statement that the line would be available at mass retail this year, but I am disappointed that many of us can not even find them at all. If Mattel reps are going to make such as statement, they should only say so if they have a solid distribution plan in place, which I assume they do. As I said before, I am lucky I have seen some figures from wave 3.. but where is He-Man or Skeletor in my area??

    What seems more discouraging is Mattel is focusing on putting out hard to get exclusives which I think is more insult. We have target exclusives, Power-Con exclusives and a BBTS exclusive.

    It just feels way to many exclusives this early in a line that is just beginning especially in a line that is not widely yet distributed.

    I get having an exclusive figure for a Power-Con exclusive. But instead of a 4 pack of great figures, or an accessory set for a widely available playset, they should have kept it to the faker looking set with the robotic battle cat. Three seems like a lot this early on, with highly sought after figures. This of course again considering the current Health Climate. I think Power Con is a great way for fans to unite and meet up. However I am not able to fly to the states even if I wanted to living in Canada, as I would imagine it being the same for other countries. Also there are no Targets here.. again I can not take a road trip across the border due to the health Climate that, "news flash Mattel", is affecting the whole world! If it was me I would open up a Mattel site to pre-order these figures so that other countries could have a chance to obtain exclusives much like Hasbro Pulse does. Target exclusives are available on their site it would be nice to be able to get the sets that way going forward if they continue with certain retailer exclusives. Heck even sell regular releases so those without can obtain them. Seems like a safe way of driving up sales and keeping line sales strong.

    I hope that we see figures and restocks showing up soon.
    Same problem here in Brazil.
    Very few Trap Jaws and Wave 3 just popped online with very few units too.
    Mattel Mexico is responsible for Brazil.
    Although we do not have exclusive here...
    https://twitter.com/felipeboreli

  12. #812
    Widget
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlor View Post

    I am trying to stay positive, though I have turned to Ebay sellers to try to get figures. What I am finding annoying is that there was the early statement that the line would be available at mass retail this year, but I am disappointed that many of us can not even find them at all. If Mattel reps are going to make such as statement, they should only say so if they have a solid distribution plan in place, which I assume they do. As I said before, I am lucky I have seen some figures from wave 3.. but where is He-Man or Skeletor in my area??

    It seems here in Canada we've only gotten Wave 3 (along with Clamp Champ/Ram Man), but a few months ago I did find Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor at Walmart, there were only 2 of each. Toys R' Us has both listed on their site, but "Out of Stock" and I don't think they've ever been in stock since there's no reviews for them. EBGames also claims to have them on their website, but you don't get to chose, they send you a random Deluxe figure out of BA He-Man, Skeletor, Ram Man, or Clamp Champ. They also want $30 instead of the standard $24.99, and I kind of don't want to gamble. Now they also have the "Vintage Sculpt" He-Man and Skeletor up for preorder, but both are sold out and apparently releasing on July 8th. That might mean Walmart could have them before that date if that's the next wave we get.

  13. #813
    It says ICEMAN oICEMANo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    9,496
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Australia isnít getting a release until August/Sept according to their customer service.

    Try emailing your countries Mattel CS and ask.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mattel Africa are quite useless, so much so I actually had to send them pictures of the Origins products so they knew what I was talking about....
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

  14. #814
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    257
    Do we have any idea how much further this line is planned out? Havent't heard any infos beyond wave 6. Considering that some wave 5 figures apparently are already out in the wild, it seems a tiny bit odd to not get a peek at wave 7 and beyond. I personally hope that they do plan to go on for a bit longer, since Masterverse does nothing for me, design wise.

  15. #815
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    Do we have any idea how much further this line is planned out? Havent't heard any infos beyond wave 6. Considering that some wave 5 figures apparently are already out in the wild, it seems a tiny bit odd to not get a peek at wave 7 and beyond. I personally hope that they do plan to go on for a bit longer, since Masterverse does nothing for me, design wise.
    Well comic con is in July, so I imagine Mattel will do another online reveal video during that weekend.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

  16. #816
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlor View Post
    I am trying to stay positive, though I have turned to Ebay sellers to try to get figures. What I am finding annoying is that there was the early statement that the line would be available at mass retail this year, but I am disappointed that many of us can not even find them at all. If Mattel reps are going to make such as statement, they should only say so if they have a solid distribution plan in place, which I assume they do. As I said before, I am lucky I have seen some figures from wave 3.. but where is He-Man or Skeletor in my area??
    I feel it is irresponsible and disrespectful for Mattel to make that statement and then say NOTHING about it not coming to pass. I would forgive them the delays and such if they would just be honest and tell us if/when more are coming. If I know I will get the figures at retail price, then it's not really an issue for me to wait. But when I don't know if i will be able to get them at retail price, I stress out (a little, just a little) having to decide if I need to buy them from scalpors at an inflated price now because if they never come, the price will increase.

    They just need to communicate. But Mattel has the customer pretty low on their priority list, so they don't.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Well comic con is in July, so I imagine Mattel will do another online reveal video during that weekend.
    I hope so.

    Mek-a-neck
    Regular color Sorceress
    Horde Troopers
    Grizzlor

    All have to be on their way soon, I would think. Maybe a Walmart exclusive deluxe flocked Moss Man .

    Would love another playset reveal: Snake Mountain, Fright Zone, or Slime Pit even would be great.

  17. #817
    Widget ek79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Mattel Africa are quite useless, so much so I actually had to send them pictures of the Origins products so they knew what I was talking about....
    Did the same thing here with wave 3.
    Local Mattels never know nothing...
    https://twitter.com/felipeboreli

  18. #818
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,221
    My Wind Raider just hit my pile of loot and I shipped it.

  19. #819
    Heroic Warrior Stratos88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    379
    Wind Raider is on the way! Huzzah!

  20. #820
    Heroic Warrior Brasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lake Grove, NY
    Posts
    989
    Mine hit as well. So we wonít be getting anything else until September now?
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

  21. #821
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelegod View Post
    It seems here in Canada we've only gotten Wave 3 (along with Clamp Champ/Ram Man), but a few months ago I did find Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor at Walmart, there were only 2 of each. Toys R' Us has both listed on their site, but "Out of Stock" and I don't think they've ever been in stock since there's no reviews for them. EBGames also claims to have them on their website, but you don't get to chose, they send you a random Deluxe figure out of BA He-Man, Skeletor, Ram Man, or Clamp Champ. They also want $30 instead of the standard $24.99, and I kind of don't want to gamble. Now they also have the "Vintage Sculpt" He-Man and Skeletor up for preorder, but both are sold out and apparently releasing on July 8th. That might mean Walmart could have them before that date if that's the next wave we get.
    BA He-Man and BA Skeletor have definitely never been in stock on the Toys R Us website. I've been checking daily ever since they appeared on the site. The best part was back in May they had all the deluxe figures on sale, even He-Man and Skeletor, yet they still never came in stock!

  22. #822
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    58
    My 4 Wind Raiders hit my POL.

    I had ordered:

    • 1 in February
    • 1 in April
    • 2 in May

  23. #823
    Heroic Warrior Man-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Midwesternia
    Posts
    181
    I ordered two Wind Raiders in February and neither processed. But I expected as much as I've never had a single Origins anything ship from them, no matter how fast I order. I wouldn't mind giving them my business, but they don't seem to want it. I'm legit worried about how secure my Power-Con items are at this point.

  24. #824
    Heroic Warrior jzguitars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Edison, NJ
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-Man View Post
    I ordered two Wind Raiders in February and neither processed. But I expected as much as I've never had a single Origins anything ship from them, no matter how fast I order. I wouldn't mind giving them my business, but they don't seem to want it. I'm legit worried about how secure my Power-Con items are at this point.
    Same here. I've ordered everything origins the day it was available and so far only got land shark. So, as I find things in the wild...BBTS gets a cancellation. They really need to switch to a first come first served model...
    I ordered wind raider on 1/15/21...still haven't got a notification...wave 5 either.
    Last edited by jzguitars; June 25, 2021 at 12:27pm.

  25. #825
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Mine hit as well. So we wonít be getting anything else until September now?
    I don't think anything else is announced between now and September. Maybe they are staggering Origins and Masterverse so everything doesn't hit in the same month? June was pretty decent for Origins releases, and then July-August for Masterverse? I know Skelegod and Battle Cat have hit already, but Battle Cat wasn't supposed to until Aug 1 from what others have said.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hordakís Emissary View Post
    My 4 Wind Raiders hit my POL.

    I had ordered:

    • 1 in February
    • 1 in April
    • 2 in May
    Interesting. It'll be telling if others who preordered before April and May do not get theirs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Man-Man View Post
    I ordered two Wind Raiders in February and neither processed. But I expected as much as I've never had a single Origins anything ship from them, no matter how fast I order. I wouldn't mind giving them my business, but they don't seem to want it. I'm legit worried about how secure my Power-Con items are at this point.
    Man that stinks! WTF? Do you live in a remote part of the world? Did you blast them on social media or something? That's not right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •