Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: MOTU origins preorders up at Big Bad Toy Store

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    So back to the big question: Do Origins waves ship that way?
    I was already thinking this might be the case. Itís probably more a bookkeeping thing. Allocate this order to singles, that order to full cases. Sometimes the order for singles comes in first even though they are expected at the same time. I donít know.

Iím still waiting for my wave 5 to come in and I ordered on day 1 and have received everything else. They havenít failed me yet although, I have had 1 Star Wars figure on preorder since last May.

Ok, 1 fail. but, I have faith. Dorkside has failed me more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post

Edit:
    ersatz.kate beat me to it

So I was looking through my email confirmations this morning, usually I just flag them and put them in a folder so I know where they are and realized that the email for Wave 6 says that itís Wave 5. So I have 2
    confirmation emails for Wave 5. When I look under the My Account tab it shows Wave 6 and Wave 5 and the order numbers are correct.

I know for a while the wave numbers were wrong on their site. I hope this doesnít cause me to end up with 2 Wave 5 sets. Thatíd be no bueno. I sent an email to make sure itís all straight but I have not heard back.
    Instagram: dadhausen

Widget
    Two days ago I had an opportunity to pre-order LoP Mer-Man. Just five minutes ago, he hit my pile of loot.
    Either someone cancelled their order or they are getting more stock in, or still distributing recent arrivals.

Based on "listings of separate figures and the packs are considered two separate entities", that sounds like something that's true for BBTS across the board.
    I think you and glasstor are right. I reread the BBTS email and I had read it wrong. I read it to say that Hasbro mandated the order fulfillment procedures, but I think it's bbts' policy. So drats!

I do get that doing things that way makes the business run more smoothly, but it isn't good for the customer. They are lucky that our other options for getting these figures are so godawful that we'll just deal with it.

At the end of the day im glad BBTS is around as no other retailer seems to care at all about getting us the product.

Eternian Royal Guard is up at EE!!!!

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...lusive/mthcb06

Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    Eternian Royal Guard is up at EE!!!!

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...lusive/mthcb06
    Exclusive!

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    I wish someone would explain what exclusive means for this figure. So far it hasn't been exclusive - unless the photos are wrong and each is unique in some way (which I doubt).

Quote Originally Posted by ersatz.kate View Post
    Exclusive!
    Right?

I know people have problems with EE but I just wanted to make sure people got it if they wanted it.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I came here to point out that it was back up on BBTS! I grabbed two as I missed it initially.

But it looks like the more interesting news is that it's also up at EE. Internet exclusive maybe?

Btw, I just noticed that EE's has the September date. Maybe I should've ordered from them....

Exclusive!
    Exclusive to online shops only is apparently a thing now. Used to be an exclusive meant exclusive to a given retail store or event, but now apparently "fan channel" e-tailers is considered an exclusive outlet as well.

EDIT: It's important to also note that some e-tailers get product direct from overseas channels, which means something that may be exclusive to Target (Cobra Island for instance) can show up elsewhere (like The Chosen Prime) if they are able to secure stock.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I came here to point out that it was back up on BBTS! I grabbed two as I missed it initially.

But it looks like the more interesting news is that it's also up at EE. Internet exclusive maybe?

Btw, I just noticed that EE's has the September date. Maybe I should've ordered from them....
    Weird it shows sold out on BBTS but when you click it, it allows you to preorder it.. hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    Weird it shows sold out on BBTS but when you click it, it allows you to preorder it.. hmmmm
    Yeah, I just noticed that.

I actually saw it on their homescreen or whatever and clicked it there, but when I went to the actual Motu Origins listings it was shown as sold out.

As I was writing this, they fixed it apparently; it's now shown as pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Exclusive to online shops only is apparently a thing now. Used to be an exclusive meant exclusive to a given retail store or event, but now apparently "fan channel" e-tailers is considered an exclusive outlet as well.

EDIT: It's important to also note that some e-tailers get product direct from overseas channels, which means something that may be exclusive to Target (Cobra Island for instance) can show up elsewhere (like The Chosen Prime) if they are able to secure stock.
    Yeah, and this definitely a good thing... just funny. At least fan channel "exclusives" with Black Series we know ahead of time and they're just widely available right away.

Regardless, Palace Guards for everyone! Build those armies!

The palace guard has popped up on a couple of uk sites today if anyone wants one.

Still up on bbts
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Yeah, and this definitely a good thing... just funny. At least fan channel "exclusives" with Black Series we know ahead of time and they're just widely available right away.

Regardless, Palace Guards for everyone! Build those armies!
    I hope they do snake men warriors and other army builders the same way

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I hope they do snake men warriors and other army builders the same way
    It would be nice if we could get a two pack, each with alternate heads, just like we got in classics. Uniformity is fine for Horde Troopers and Palace Guards, but Snake Men need some diversity!

It would be nice if we could get a two pack, each with alternate heads, just like we got in classics. Uniformity is fine for Horde Troopers and Palace Guards, but Snake Men need some diversity!
    Palace Guards needs diversity too, just like we got in Classics. My kids need more characters that look like them.

I have high hopes since Clamp Champ and Ninjor came out early, so hopefully they won't disappoint. Really hoping to see Origins versions of Plasmar and Zodak (as an aside, army builder cosmic enforcers would be awesome ).

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Palace Guards needs diversity too, just like we got in Classics. My kids need more characters that look like them.

I have high hopes since Clamp Champ and Ninjor came out early, so hopefully they won't disappoint. Really hoping to see Origins versions of Plasmar and Zodak (as an aside, army builder cosmic enforcers would be awesome ).
    You're absolutely right, and I just didn't express myself properly. My intended meaning was that the Horde Troopers and Palace Guards can all operate off the same base body, as it is essentially just a uniform. The snake men really need at least two different base bodies (even if it's just a repaint/different armor/etc).

I'm all for having different heads for Palace Guards and Horde Troopers, like Classics. It may not be a popular opinion (I honestly don't know), but I'd personally rather have a second Palace Guard head than clean shaved MAA.

I'd like a Plasmar too, as I never got the Classics one. Zodak would be great (as I prefer him to Zodac) and yes, army builder cosmic enforcers would be cool!

Edit:

Having said that, I'm still wrong: I would also love to get a female Palace Guard body.

I would love if we got Royal Armor She-Ra with a few extra heads to make that happen.

Last edited by Sword2Blanket; June 11, 2021 at 05:39pm.

Court Magician
    You're absolutely right, and I just didn't express myself properly. My intended meaning was that the Horde Troopers and Palace Guards can all operate off the same base body, as it is essentially just a uniform. The snake men really need at least two different base bodies (even if it's just a repaint/different armor/etc).

I'm all for having different heads for Palace Guards and Horde Troopers, like Classics. It may not be a popular opinion (I honestly don't know), but I'd personally rather have a second Palace Guard head than clean shaved MAA.

I'd like a Plasmar too, as I never got the Classics one. Zodak would be great (as I prefer him to Zodac) and yes, army builder cosmic enforcers would be cool!

Edit:

Having said that, I'm still wrong: I would also love to get a female Palace Guard body.

I would love if we got Royal Armor She-Ra with a few extra heads to make that happen.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EE_m32cXkAUR5B0.jpg
    Wow! I love this design

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Clamp champ hit my loot!
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Clamp champ hit my loot!
    Yuppers same here!!!

I agree 100%. I did not really care for the Classics Snake Troopers, since they were essentially just Horde Troopers with snake heads.

Just because of this thread I pre-ordered another two Palace Guards and Iím not sure I need 4, I donít have much room... but it is still a very modest ďarmyĒ and Iím just excited weíre getting them!

It seems they are a little inspired by Classics, with some of the stuff they put out inOrigins. Keldor, Kronis, Palace Guards... I guess one could take another look at what came out in Classics, to make an educated guess what we have still coming here (as exclusives or two-packs etc).

But then, Iím really hoping for some things we have actually NEVER seen. Which is why the Spirit of Grayskull is do amazing. Surprise us, Mattel!

- - - Updated - - -

[...]
    [...]
    I like where youíre going! We need female fur shorts :-)
    For female Palace Guards, I think there are some MOTU Newspaper Strips characters that could be made into figures, even!