Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 2545

Thread: MOTU origins preorders up at Big Bad Toy Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    254

    MOTU origins preorders up at Big Bad Toy Store

    Donít know if this has been discussed yet but pre orders are open at Big Bad Toy store for MOTU origins

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior InnocentSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by jburnett1975 View Post
    Donít know if this has been discussed yet but pre orders are open at Big Bad Toy store for MOTU origins
    I saw the email, does this mean that Origins will be widely available outside of Walmart soon?

    Enviado desde mi motorola one action mediante Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by InnocentSmith View Post
    I saw the email, does this mean that Origins will be widely available outside of Walmart soon?

    Enviado desde mi motorola one action mediante Tapatalk
    Iíd say thatís a pretty good sign

  4. #4
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,807
    Some of the newer figures actually showed up at Target this week as well.

    I preordered more toys than I've ever preordered at one time from BBTS this morning.

    To paraphrase Anakin from Episode II: I preordered them. I preordered them all. They're preordered, every single one of them. And not just the figures, but the castles and the vehicles, too.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!


    "We have a Ram-Man!"

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Some of the newer figures actually showed up at Target this week as well.

    I preordered more toys than I've ever preordered at one time from BBTS this morning.

    To paraphrase Anakin from Episode II: I preordered them. I preordered them all. They're preordered, every single one of them. And not just the figures, but the castles and the vehicles, too.
    LOL thatís what I might try to do when I get my stimulus check

  6. #6
    Heroic Fan ART Mod! JafariStew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    4,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Some of the newer figures actually showed up at Target this week as well.

    I preordered more toys than I've ever preordered at one time from BBTS this morning.

    To paraphrase Anakin from Episode II: I preordered them. I preordered them all. They're preordered, every single one of them. And not just the figures, but the castles and the vehicles, too.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

    JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

    Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    2,903
    I pre-ordered everything but Castle Grayskull, I just dropped a big chunk of change on a vantage one. I also got a second She-Ra for my daughter.
    Masters of the Smittyverse!
    Last update 5/27/2023

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    254
    I agree no more Walmart no more bent all to crap cards hopefully

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    555
    No more Walmart! No more Walmart! No more Walmart! All my socialist money went into preorders. Ya see what happens when you make things accessible Mattel? You can get money.

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    4,754
    So Walmart really were holding the line to ransom. At least in the US.

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    2,903
    Quote Originally Posted by jburnett1975 View Post
    I agree no more Walmart no more bent all to crap cards hopefully
    That'll be one of the nice things about BBTS they really take care with how they pack things. Clean and unpunched cards for all!
    Masters of the Smittyverse!
    Last update 5/27/2023

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    186
    So is everyone just ordering one of each figure when they say they "just ordered everything"?

    I ordered 2 each of my favorite 4 characters and called it good. I'd rather have an extra on order 'just in case' *crosses fingers*. I can only imagine the 3-digit totals for those of you who ordered entire multiple waves...

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    2,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    So is everyone just ordering one of each figure when they say they "just ordered everything"?

    I ordered 2 each of my favorite 4 characters and called it good. I'd rather have an extra on order 'just in case' *crosses fingers*. I can only imagine the 3-digit totals for those of you who ordered entire multiple waves...
    I got one of every thing and an extra She-Ra, yeah it was a lot.
    Masters of the Smittyverse!
    Last update 5/27/2023

  14. #14
    Master of fear Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Petal, Mississippi
    Posts
    6,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    So is everyone just ordering one of each figure when they say they "just ordered everything"?

    I ordered 2 each of my favorite 4 characters and called it good. I'd rather have an extra on order 'just in case' *crosses fingers*. I can only imagine the 3-digit totals for those of you who ordered entire multiple waves...
    I like to have extras of these, as I keep an extra "play" set of them for when my little niece visits, and I like to have extras for customs, too. With these, since it was so much stuff at once, I ordered one of most, but doubled up on several. I figure I can take my chances finding any extras I may need beyond that. It would have been nice to be able to just order three of everything, but I capped it where I did because the grand total was getting kinda scary!

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    254
    Think I will order my Grayskull from BBTS cause knowing Walmart they will ship it as is without putting it in another box and slap all the shipping labels all over it. Not to mention it the box will probably look like it was beat with a baseball bat

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior MJOLNIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by jburnett1975 View Post
    Don’t know if this has been discussed yet but pre orders are open at Big Bad Toy store for MOTU origins
    Yeah man, I couldn't sleep last night and caught it at like 3 AM EST. I'm not collecting the line but grabbed a Landshark. Mattel went out of their way to say "over sized" in the description so I'm hoping it's sort of a median scale to accommodate Classics figures. The vintage vehicles were laughably under scaled so I'm willing to give the Origins vehicle a lot of slack for scale. And those vintage styled boxes do help it go down nice and display MIB on a shelf. If early reviews say no good then I can always cancel for flip the vehicle.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post

    It's nice not having to deal with Walmart exclusively for these items!
    Yeah, lets hope Hasbro catches on with their toys too.

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior Despondor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Subternia
    Posts
    239
    I think I'll try to collect most of the line at retail, though there are a few I preordered from BBTS in case they're hard to find later, like Scareglow and the Battle Armor variants.

    As of this moment, individual carded Scareglow is back in stock.

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Yeah man, I couldn't sleep last night and caught it at like 3 AM EST. I'm not collecting the line but grabbed a Landshark. Mattel went out of their way to say "over sized" in the description so I'm hoping it's sort of a median scale to accommodate Classics figures. The vintage vehicles were laughably under scaled so I'm willing to give the Origins vehicle a lot of slack for scale. And those vintage styled boxes do help it go down nice and display MIB on a shelf. If early reviews say no good then I can always cancel for flip the vehicle.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah, lets hope Hasbro catches on with their toys too.
    I didnít know the land shark was gonna be oversized ? Your right they where a little small back in the day. I hope we actually get a Attack Track that actually looks like the one in the original cartoon

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior MJOLNIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by jburnett1975 View Post
    I didn’t know the land shark was gonna be oversized ? Your right they where a little small back in the day. I hope we actually get a Attack Track that actually looks like the one in the original cartoon
    Yeah, per the copy on the BBTS page, Mattel’s wording I’m assuming, “ This large-scale model of Skeletor's iconic attack vehicle has ferocious jaws that chomp up and down as its wheels roll.” In the photo it looks like the Origins figure would have to reach forward to grasp the handles. I’m hoping this means that a Classics figure could sit all the way back and with arms at 90 degrees may hold the handles comfortably. I’ll keep an eye out for reviews. I wouldn’t expect this of the entire line but they’d double sales on any vintage vehicle or mount that Classics didn’t get to.

    All I want is a friging Shark Tank with some friging laser beams!

    Yeah. I’d actually prefer the Filmation Tracks to the vintage one, but would be content with either.

  20. #20
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    10,750
    This was SUCH a fantastic day as a MOTU collector.

    Big Bad Toy Store really came through!
    A Want List
    Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior Brasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lake Grove, NY
    Posts
    1,435
    They have clamp champ now. Scare glow is back as well
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    162
    At this stage Iíd appreciate an option to pay extra to be guaranteed your figures, not unlike a skip-queue ticket at a theme park.

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior DadStrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    505
    I wonder what happens next wave I order if I order each figure seperately instead of the full wave.. Like many others I have gotten my single Faker and LoP Merman but not my full wave that were ordered mins apart.

    Sounds like time for an experiment!
    Instagram: dadhausen

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    1,948
    My Wind Raider finally hit my POL as well. I ordered on 1/15.

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior banthafett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,191
    I just had my loot shipped last week. So windraiders will sit until more stuff hits.

    Still nothing on my 2x wave 5 sets.

    I did order a 200x evil Lyn last week for my daughters bday and got it 2 days later. So it is bs that you can get seperate items, but not whole set.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •