Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU origins preorders up at Big Bad Toy Store

Heroic Warrior
    I got Faker and 200x Evil-Lyn today from BBTS. Packaging for both was fine and the figures look good. Mini-comic story was interesting but seemed to end abruptly. It seems like the stories are building up the Origins continuity, so I wonder if there will be some future payoff.

My Ram-Man came today, a couple days early no less!

Man, for as long as I've had to wait for my pre-orders to finally ship from BBTS, once they finally do they always get here super-fast.

Great figure! Looks just like the original but with the expected Origins improvements. Love the extra head and axe, nice little bonuses there.

Possibly-controversial, but I actually like that the wristbands are painted rather than stickers as the original figure had. I bought some repro stickers for my vintage figure's wristbands and they just refuse to stay on. Even tried a dab of Krazy-glue, they just won't stick no matter what I do. So I'm considering just throwing in the towel and painting the vintage figure's wristbands; looks just fine on this new figure, after all.

Still no update on my Battle Armor He-Man; I ordered him and BA Skeletor at the same time but I've had Skeletor for over a month now, yet no word on He-Man. It is what it is, I guess. It always hits hard when they finally show up, though.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Count yourself lucky. Iím still waiting on both Battle Armour Skeletor and BA He-man and scareglow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone still needs LOP merman is back up
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

I got my MYP Evil-Lyn today...

MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/25/2021

Clamp Champ showed up yesterday. Man he looks really good.
    Instagram: dadhausen

Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    Clamp Champ showed up yesterday. Man he looks really good.
    My only problem with Clamp champ is that both of his head make it look like he's snapped and is about to go full Tyler Durden on someone.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/25/2021

Yay! Wave 5 finally hit my Pile of Loot.

Single evil Lyn showed in loot, but not my 2 waves of thatbwave.

Court Magician
    When is the last time anyone had anything from Wave 2 or 4 hit their POL?

I had Evil-Lyn, LoP Mer-Man, and Ram Man arrive in my PoL this last week. Still waiting for Scareglow, Wave 4/ rest of 5 and the other deluxes.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
    - Groucho Marx

Wave 5 arrived at my house on Sunday, along with the most recent wave of Eternia Minis (the one with regular Teela, Clawful, etc). Clamp Champ hit my POL the day after I set it to ship. I already have Clamp Champ from Target. Didn't really want 2 but I forgot to cancel the BBTS order. Maybe I can mod his head a little, give him a mustache or something, and pop his head onto an Eternian Guard, show a guard on break kinda look.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Wave 5 arrived at my house on Sunday, along with the most recent wave of Eternia Minis (the one with regular Teela, Clawful, etc). Clamp Champ hit my POL the day after I set it to ship. I already have Clamp Champ from Target. Didn't really want 2 but I forgot to cancel the BBTS order. Maybe I can mod his head a little, give him a mustache or something, and pop his head onto an Eternian Guard, show a guard on break kinda look.
    I use my extra Clamp Champ for alternate legs/arms for Mr. T, and I am also planning to use his head for an Eternian Guard.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    I use my extra Clamp Champ for alternate legs/arms for Mr. T, and I am also planning to use his head for an Eternian Guard.
    Oh I like the idea of using his head for an Eternian guard. I may do the same.

Court Magician
    I had a chance today on Amazon to immediately buy in-stock Origins She-Ra, Man-E-Faces, Trap-Jaw, Orko and Castle Grayskull for standard prices, and I took it. All are en-route.
    I much prefer giving business to BBTS, but they are inexcusably slow. I mean if Amazon and sundry stores can have these in stock, why not BBTS?

Surely they could get on a call with Mattel and arrange some competitive delivery timelines, but it seems that for whatever reason, they can’t.
    Last edited by Hordakís Emissary; June 18, 2021 at 05:29am. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Hordakís Emissary View Post
    I much prefer giving business to BBTS, but they are inexcusably slow.
    I will take yet another opportunity to provide the update that BBTS has yet to fill even one single pre-ordered Origins item for me (from orders placed the day these items went up, 1/1 for all items currently available elsewhere). Yes, I have canceled some pre-orders but also purchase other items from them, have items currently in my POL, etc - cannot figure their algorithm at all other than I am one of those who fall into the "dead last" column.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordakís Emissary View Post
    I had a chance today on Amazon to immediately buy in-stock Origins She-Ra, Man-E-Faces, Trap-Jaw, Orko and Castle Grayskull for standard prices, and I took it. All are en-route.
    I much prefer giving business to BBTS, but they are inexcusably slow. I mean if Amazon and sundry stores can have these in stock, why not BBTS?

Surely they could get on a call with Mattel and arrange some competitive delivery timelines, but it seems that for whatever reason, they canít.
    Congratulations on getting everything for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by Gog View Post
    I will take yet another opportunity to provide the update that BBTS has yet to fill even one single pre-ordered Origins item for me (from orders placed the day these items went up, 1/1 for all items currently available elsewhere). Yes, I have canceled some pre-orders but also purchase other items from them, have items currently in my POL, etc - cannot figure their algorithm at all other than I am one of those who fall into the "dead last" column.

Iím now hearing that it also has something to do with whether you buy the figures in each wave separately or in a full wave set. Idk, doesnít quite make sense to me because figures like Clamp Champ and Ram Man canít be bought in a set anyhow. Some people that bought on January 1st still donít have those in their Pile of Loot. I bought everything separately and have received everything so far but I just canceled a small number of things. Weíll see how that works for me when the next wave arrives.

From what I understand from speaking to other people and from emailing BBTS, they don't necessarily get an entire wave in together, or get large quantities at once, it comes down to how Mattel ships it to them, and then where you are in the wait list.

I preordered the deluxes and wave 5 individually because of how I need to ship them at the moment, and this was beginning of May. Ram-Man and LoP Mer-Man and Evil Lyn V2 are all on the way to me, but no sign of Clamp Champ, Fisto, or Faker. I'm still waiting on my individual orders of wave 4, Scareglow, and the BA figures too. LoP Mer-Man was sold out for a long time when I ordered him, I got lucky 1 came up for preorder early May, and I guess there was enough in their inventory to fulfill him now, but not Fisto and Faker.

The way BBTS explained it was when stock comes in, they immediately fulfill a preorder, or put it up if it was sold out. So if they get 1 Orko in a morning restock, for example, then they only had 1 Orko come in on the truck. What they are sent is being cherry picked, and I have been told in communication/ conversation with them before that they frequently follow up with the manufacturers and their distributor, but they're working on their whim.

The way I got waves 1-3 was just watching the sold out items come in stock early morning 1 piece at a time. I've used BBTS for years now, it's my goto and I'm a loyal customer, but the last 2-3 years they've started stocking really slowly. I trust them, they've always had great customer service and been really honest with me for over a decade, so if what they say is true I can't explain why they're on the tail end of receiving items.

I have some preorders of some stuff for my brother that was suppose to be out in September 2020 (and I understand COVID etc), and I know those figures are out in Japan, but there's no sign of release with BBTS and it's almost July 2021.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
    - Groucho Marx

I canceled another BBTS order this morning. Amazon had Clamp Champ cheaper and ready to ship so I jumped on it. I'd prefer to do business with BBTS, but they really do need to get product faster.

My pile of loot just arrived. I'd say my afternoon just got booked solid!

It's nice to see that 2002 sticker on Evli-Lyn! Hopefully we'll be seeing it on several more figures soon!

Same here...at least we aren't alone at the end of the line...

It looks like they got the current wave in, a certain amount at least, but not older figs.

Orko, Trap Jaw, Battle Armor figs, ordered in March and April, neither they nor EE seem to get them in (I divided my orders, I do not order double :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    My pile of loot just arrived. I'd say my afternoon just got booked solid!
    Glorious! Congrats!
    I am pulling the trigger on my loot delivery soon, so excited!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Afterlife07 View Post
    I preordered the deluxes and wave 5 individually because of how I need to ship them at the moment, and this was beginning of May. Ram-Man and LoP Mer-Man and Evil Lyn V2 are all on the way to me, but no sign of Clamp Champ, Fisto, or Faker. I'm still waiting on my individual orders of wave 4, Scareglow, and the BA figures too. LoP Mer-Man was sold out for a long time when I ordered him, I got lucky 1 came up for preorder early May, and I guess there was enough in their inventory to fulfill him now, but not Fisto and Faker.
    What adds to it is that some characters are more popular than others. Thatís probably why itís been harder for you to get Fisto and Faker, (and Clamp Champ?)
    LOP Mer Man is probably not *quite* as much in demand, and Ram Man they must have gotten a huge shipping- he was ďIn StockĒ for quite a while lately.

For Fisto, Faker and Evil Lyn 200x, I ordered in March and feel lucky they got fulfilled now...

Iím thinking wave 2 should be coming sometime in July. That is what pretty much all of the retailers have had listed as the arrival date, even Amazon for some of the figures. That probably means August or September for BBTS lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Email saying my 2 windraiders will be hitting soon.

Wind Raider is dropping into the Pile of Loot soon!!