Page 79 of 84 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2082

Thread: MOTU origins preorders up at Big Bad Toy Store

Mine hit too but does anyone know why the collector grades werenít available for some? Mainly mantenna, snout spout and leech.
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Mine hit too but does anyone know why the collector grades werenít available for some? Mainly mantenna, snout spout and leech.
    Weird, both my standard and collector grades hit my loot pile. Maybe they ran low?
    ORIGINS COUNTDOWN - Blade BlastAttak DBSkeletor Dragstor Extendar Grizzlor Gwildor HurrHordak KingHiss* KingRandor* KobraKhan* LLSkeletor LPHeMan Mekaneck Modulok MossMan MultiBot Rattlor* RioBlast Rokkon Rotar Saurod SnakeFace* Spikor Sssqueeze* Stonedar SyKlone TungLashor* Twistoid TwoBad Whiplash*

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Weird, both my standard and collector grades hit my loot pile. Maybe they ran low?
    I never saw them available no matter how many times I checked, only standard
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

People over in the Facebook groups are saying BBTS is shipping Origins Wave 9 with the international cardbacks rather than the US cardbacks. Also, there are different hair colors out there too.

MOTU origins preorders up at Big Bad Toy Store

Does that mean no written words in the mini comic?

I must have gotten an international figure that had the Double Trouble mini comic (from memory) and I couldnít tell what the hell was going on lol
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post

I must have gotten an international figure that had the Double Trouble mini comic (from memory) and I couldn’t tell what the hell was going on lol
    Yes, no text.

As an international (albeit Anglosphere) collector of this line who buys 2-3 units of whatever figure I like, I often get internationals and don’t mind as long as I can get my hands on at least one ‘US’ version. I’m disappointed here though, because I really wanted a mint on card Mantenna to keep and treasure, as he’s my favorite figure in the entire line, and I bought 3 Mantennas from BBTS this time (they shipped yesterday).

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post

I must have gotten an international figure that had the Double Trouble mini comic (from memory) and I couldnít tell what the hell was going on lol
    Dang, I hadn't thought of that. I open mine so I wasn't upset, but if I can't read the comic... hopefully BBTS will ship out some American versions.

Heroic Warrior
    I just received my order as well from BBTS. Leech and Snout Spout are US versions but Mantenna, Pig-Head and He-Man are some aftermarket international version. I never had an issue with BBTS before. Since I ordered collector grades and keep MOC these are a complete waste of money and Iíll still have to go hunting It would have been nice to know upfront. Truly hope itís not like this going forward with future waves

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cappinfro View Post
    I just received my order as well from BBTS. Leech and Snout Spout are US versions but Mantenna, Pig-Head and He-Man are some aftermarket international version. I never had an issue with BBTS before. Since I ordered collector grades and keep MOC these are a complete waste of money and Iíll still have to go hunting It would have been nice to know upfront. Truly hope itís not like this going forward with future waves
    They aren't aftermarket. They're just the international versions.

Heroic Warrior
    Is the text on the card art missing or in English? If the former, Iíd trade the English versions if I get them. I just care about the card back art and the figures. The comics just donít do it for me and are, to me, the worst thing about an otherwise perfect line after distribution and exclusivity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    People over in the Facebook groups are saying BBTS is shipping Origins Wave 9 with the international cardbacks rather than the US cardbacks. Also, there are different hair colors out there too.

https://i.imgur.com/eANBHMe.jpg
    More than the hair color, the whole face seems... off.

The nose is much wider on the left...?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    More than the hair color, the whole face seems... off.

The nose is much wider on the left...?
    The pictures are taken from two different angles...

Quote Originally Posted by Val-Or View Post
    Is the text on the card art missing or in English? If the former, Iíd trade the English versions if I get them. I just care about the card back art and the figures. The comics just donít do it for me and are, to me, the worst thing about an otherwise perfect line after distribution and exclusivity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The international cards only have the characters name, there's no "most blankyist blank" on the. They have a burst for the included "comic" which is trilingual. The art on the back has no text and the cross sale only give the characters name.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 9/16/2022

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cappinfro View Post
    Ditto Here... my deluxes came US, my normals came as the international version. Worst packaging I've had in a while too. the box they used was way too big, every card was creased. Not very happy with this shipment.

Heroic Warrior
    Received my Mantenna & Pig-Head from BBTS today and just like everybody else, itís the international versions. I noticed that BBTS changed their solicit pics and they now show the international card. That was not what was shown when I preordered!

Heroic Warrior Ultimate Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Ditto Here... my deluxes came US, my normals came as the international version. Worst packaging I've had in a while too. the box they used was way too big, every card was creased. Not very happy with this shipment.
    The European/International card and comic sucks!! I prefer the US version because I can actually make sense of the comic and not guess what's happening.

Mine are in shipping from BBTS. If they come in as the Euro packages I am fine with that. I'd rather have excellent Euro cardbacks than mangled/bent/torn USA versions

Has anyone received their shipment from Entertainment Earth yet? Curious if they have the same issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Has anyone received their shipment from Entertainment Earth yet? Curious if they have the same issues.
    The Facebook group consensus is EE has American cardbacks/comics.

Heroic Podcaster
    I haven't received my 3x Pig Heads, 2x Mantennas, or 2x 200X He-Mans yet (only the shipping notification) but this is bad business.

I am guessing Mattel saddled them with these and BBTS had to make it work. Shipping them isn't the main problem, saying NOTHING to us about it is. Had they been upfront with us and offered some compromise (a small discount, better shipping, a future credit, etc.) then most of us would have at least felt we had been treated fairly.

As it is, this is a textbook bait and switch.

I have been a very happy BBTS customer for years but this is unacceptable. These are frankly not what we ordered. I am not stomping my feet and swearing I will never order from them again. But I will be contacting them politely and respectfully to discuss a solution.

All of us (that received Euro cardbacks and don't want them) should.
    ORIGINS COUNTDOWN - Blade BlastAttak DBSkeletor Dragstor Extendar Grizzlor Gwildor HurrHordak KingHiss* KingRandor* KobraKhan* LLSkeletor LPHeMan Mekaneck Modulok MossMan MultiBot Rattlor* RioBlast Rokkon Rotar Saurod SnakeFace* Spikor Sssqueeze* Stonedar SyKlone TungLashor* Twistoid TwoBad Whiplash*

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    I haven't received my 3x Pig Heads, 2x Mantennas, or 2x 200X He-Mans yet (only the shipping notification) but this is bad business.

I am guessing Mattel saddled them with these and BBTS had to make it work. Shipping them isn't the main problem, saying NOTHING to us about it is. Had they been upfront with us and offered some compromise (a small discount, better shipping, a future credit, etc.) then most of us would have at least felt we had been treated fairly.

As it is, this is a textbook bait and switch.

I have been a very happy BBTS customer for years but this is unacceptable. These are frankly not what we ordered. I am not stomping my feet and swearing I will never order from them again. But I will be contacting them politely and respectfully to discuss a solution.

All of us (that received Euro cardbacks and don't want them) should.
    I agree. I'm not super mad, but a bit miffed. I have to procure a regular comic somehow now. I hadn't planned on buying 2 of any of these figures. I am also thinking about going with EE next time.

This is all very good to know, thank you for sharing and sorry for those of you who are disappointed by the ďinternationalĒ edition.

The mini comics are very important to me, and since Mantenna is the only one I want for sure from this wave, I really want him with US comic. Amazon is probably a total gamble (I got euro cards from them occasionally), so I might just try EE! 🤔

Iím sure itís not BBTS fault, Mattel probs said ďHere you go, u can have these or you wait three months!Ē, but they should let people know ahead.

Bang Your Head
    I just received my figures from BBTS. I got the Euro cards too and they are ugly. Way too much text on them and the images are scaled down. I'm keeping this set carded because of the card variants, and also I paid for the collector packaging (Skeletor came with a punched card).

As a side note, the pictures for 200X Skeletor don't do that figure justice. I think he looks better in hand.

Also, I love that BBTS is including stickers rather than those postcards that are pretty much outdated by the time you get them...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    I just received my figures from BBTS. I got the Euro cards too and they are ugly. Way too much text on them and the images are scaled down. I'm keeping this set carded because of the card variants, and also I paid for the collector packaging (Skeletor came with a punched card).

As a side note, the pictures for 200X Skeletor don't do that figure justice. I think he looks better in hand.

Also, I love that BBTS is including stickers rather than those postcards that are pretty much outdated by the time you get them...
    What are the stickers, company logo?

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy Skeletor View Post
    What are the stickers, company logo?
    Yup, it's this...
    O7SHooYo_400x400.jpg