Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins found in Target

Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    You can check inventory in whatever store you select.
    Your missing the point...

Why have them on the website for SALE when they are not for sale but they have them?

Reminds me of Matty Collector back in the day when they had "Flash sales" at different parts of the day instead of just putting them up for sale at once like normal people do...

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Your missing the point...

Why have them on the website for SALE when they are not for sale but they have them?

Reminds me of Matty Collector back in the day when they had "Flash sales" at different parts of the day instead of just putting them up for sale at once like normal people do...
    I’ve ordered them offline today, but I agree, why not just put them up and leave them up.
    Instagram: dadhausen

Heroic Warrior
    The Keldor and Kronos 2 pack are up for preorder in the UK at a few spots.

https://www.intotheversetoys.co.uk/p...-keldor-kronos
    This is good news, itÂ’s coming! And with an August date. I hope this isnÂ’t too hard to obtain through Target like some other exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    That is so awesome to see again
    Totally agree!

I just had a wave of nostalgia wash over me as I viewed this ad. I was transported to my childhood!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    lol not really a stupid question. I have no idea why Target does what they do. These figures have been constantly going in and out of stock on their site for the past few days. They (The 4 figures from the Merman wave) can be ordered online... sometimes. Like I said earlier I managed to eventually get all 4 figures. I say eventually because the first time I had all 4 in my cart but by the time I went to checkout She-Ra was gone. I went ahead and ordered the 3. About 5 minutes later I got a notification that She-Ra was available again. So I tried again and the second time I got all 4 in the cart but this time Roboto got yanked. Decided to place this order too and just eventually return the extra Zodac and Merman once I got both packages. 5 minutes goes by and now Roboto’s back. Went in again and got all 4 in the cart and checked out. So then I decided to cancel the first 2 orders so someone else could have a crack at those 6 figures. Target canceled 5 of them but said She-Ra was too far into the shipping process to cancel. This was about 30 minutes after I placed the order . So now Target is sending me 1 $14.99 She-Ra figure with no shipping charge (yes I checked) plus the other 4 figures. And no they aren’t being sent together. The other 4 already shipped and She-Ra hasn’t left yet. It would be so much easier if we didn’t have to scramble so much. I think part of the reason these keep going in and out of stock is because a lot of people did the same thing I did by placing multiple orders for whatever they could grab at the time only to turn around and cancel these orders if/once they were able to get everything they wanted in just one order. But again this wouldn’t happen if the items you place in your cart didn’t disappear 5 seconds later before you have time to checkout. It’s too bad they can’t put a 3-5 minute hold on the items in your cart or something.
    In an update, the She-Ra figure I tried to cancel and was told was too far along in the shipping process to stop, suddenly came up as “On Backorder”.

So I couldn’t stop it less than 30 minutes after I placed the order, but now it’s on backorder? I don’t care, but WTH? Anybody out there that ordered these figures from Target recently get a back order notification? My other order already shipped yesterday. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I was now able to cancel that lone She-Ra figure this time.
    Last edited by whakojacko; January 17, 2021 at 07:43pm.

In an update, the She-Ra figure I tried to cancel and was told was too far along in the shipping process to stop, suddenly came up as “On Backorder”.

So I couldn’t stop it less than 30 minutes after I placed the order, but now it’s on backorder? I don’t care, but WTH? Anybody out there that ordered these figures from Target recently get a back order notification? My other order already shipped yesterday. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I was now able to cancel that lone She-Ra figure this time.
    Email said mine will be here Tuesday. No back order notification
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe it was just an oversight caused by my particular circumstances. Hopefully they didn’t sell more of these than they had available.

Ordered She-Ra and Roboto and both have since shipped.

Heroic Warrior
    Ordered She-Ra and Roboto and both have since shipped.
    I think it was just their way of getting out of shipping me one lone figure with no shipping charge. Once an actual person probably looked into it they probably changed it. For one thing, the order I placed 10 minutes later was able to ship She-Ra without any problem. Plus I received an email yesterday about 2 hours after I made both orders telling me She-Ra was back in stock so they weren’t on backorder then and she’s probably popped up several times since then lol. In the end it all works how I wanted it to in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Not from Target but...
    Was able to order Scareglow, Orko, and Man-E-Faces from Amazon for $15 each earlier today. They won’t ship for at least a week though. They’re still up as of 8:30 EST. Trap jaw was like $35 though. I passed.

Still want to know why they skipped wave 2 in stores.

Heroic Warrior
    Still want to know why they skipped wave 2 in stores.
    This might help explain it a bit.

https://youtu.be/un1Nb37m_ME
    This might help explain it a bit.
    Thanks for that. Interesting what he said about clogging the aisles. Between the 8 or so targets and Walmart’s I rotate my visits on, only 2 of them are “clogged”

- - - Updated - - -

Not from Target but...
    Was able to order Scareglow, Orko, and Man-E-Faces from Amazon for $15 each earlier today. They won’t ship for at least a week though. They’re still up as of 8:30 EST. Trap jaw was like $35 though. I passed.
    Walmart did that with Trap Jaw and Scareglow jacked them up to $36. I got the entire Wave off Amazon a few weeks ago for $15/ea.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for that. Interesting what he said about clogging the aisles. Between the 8 or so targets and Walmart’s I rotate my visits on, only 2 of them are “clogged”
    No problem
    A tiny bit more info here from Toy Guru just put up a few hours ago:

While he’s an insider, keep in mind he no longer works on MOTU, let alone works for Mattel.

So recently visited two Targets and a Walmart. At all three, the only figures left are Skeletor and Battle Cat

I saw the Prince Adam/Sky Sled pack at a Target yesterday, along with Battle Cats, Skeletors, and He-mans.

I did see the pegs for the $20 deleuxe MotU figures though.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

No problem
    https://youtu.be/2weBowExCMc
    While he’s an insider, keep in mind he no longer works on MOTU, let alone works for Mattel.
    So basically what he is saying is that as long as He-man and Skeletors are on the pegs, we might not ever see the new waves other than their initial releases or a reset.

Heroic Warrior
    Okay so based on that video...it is sounding like BBTS and EE won't get wave 2 if we are going strictly on the principles Scott outlined. I'm guessing we should all expect disappointment and cancellation notices? Unless e-tailers which he did not discuss have different rules to play by in getting assortments. The corporate world is so arse-backwards.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically what he is saying is that as long as He-man and Skeletors are on the pegs, we might not ever see the new waves other than their initial releases or a reset.
    Ah there's a difference here. They are their own SKUs. The other characters like MAA, Roboto, Teela etc are a completely different SKU. Look at the DPCI when you go to Target. They will be different. Those will continue to be ordered despite He-Man and Skeletor's quantity on the shelf.
    Last edited by Forcehunter; January 19, 2021 at 04:08pm.

No problem
    https://youtu.be/2weBowExCMc
    Also keep in mind he was against selling MOTUC to retail...yet some still ended up on clearance at retail, because even with the quick sell outs and high demand there was still always a lot of stock left over that did not sell.

I was curious too about Target listing them for instore purchase so I checked the website and I was able to add a Sky Sled to my cart and purchase for pickup. Ready in six hours. I will see if it gets canceled or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Forcehunter View Post
    Okay so based on that video...it is sounding like BBTS and EE won't get wave 2 if we are going strictly on the principles Scott outlined. I'm guessing we should all expect disappointment and cancellation notices? Unless e-tailers which he did not discuss have different rules to play by in getting assortments. The corporate world is so arse-backwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah there's a difference here. They are their own SKUs. The other characters like MAA, Roboto, Teela etc are a completely different SKU. Look at the DPCI when you go to Target. They will be different. Those will continue to be ordered despite He-Man and Skeletor's quantity on the shelf.
    Yea I know they are different but I took what he said as stores won’t re-order anymore product if there are still a bunch of He-man and Skellys

I have to echo what a lot of people are saying...

I've been to three different Target stores twice, two-weeks apart on separate trips.

The only items I keep seeing are He-Man, Skeletor and Battle Cat.

(Also, NO Splinter/Baxter packs... )
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Yea I know they are different but I took what he said as stores won’t re-order anymore product if there are still a bunch of He-man and Skellys
    In this case he is wrong. I have personally witnessed 2 restocks at Target of Roboto and company with several He-mans and Skellys still sitting there. To be fair, I don't think Scott is clued into the new system Mattel implemented since he hasn't worked there for half a decade so I can't thrash him for that. I still want to know if my wave 2 pre-orders are safe given the info that was shared. There has to be a second run planned for the e-tailers. We do have confirmation from the Mattel rep that retailers can order the previous wave. Does this mean that each wave gets its own SKU?

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I have to echo what a lot of people are saying...

I've been to three different Target stores twice, two-weeks apart on separate trips.

The only items I keep seeing are He-Man, Skeletor and Battle Cat.
    My nearest Target is a 2 minute drive away. I have checked that Target every single day this year, except for this past weekend I was out of town. All they've had was He-Man, Skeletor, Battle Cat, and Sky Sled, except for 1 day I went in and found 1 BA He-Man and 1 BA Skeletor.

While out of town, I got lucky and found Zodac and Roboto after visiting multiple Targets.

While I'm grateful to have found what I did, it took going to Target every single day, except 2 days, just to find those figures.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I might hit Target on the way home again today. I still want She-Ra and the BA Skeletor.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy