Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins found in Target

Court Magician
    Here in the UK at least the wave with Orko/MEF/Scareglow is getting restocked in March at some of or e-tailers, so I'd imagine there was a decent production run and hopefully it appears in America and elsewhere.

Heroic Warrior
    AC2FF90E-CCBD-49FB-8666-2A8F1EBDD408.jpeg
    Yay! Finally 😅

Got my orders from Target and Amazon. Gotta stop by Target and pick up Panthor later.

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    AC2FF90E-CCBD-49FB-8666-2A8F1EBDD408.jpeg
    Yay! Finally 😅

Got my orders from Target and Amazon. Gotta stop by Target and pick up Panthor later.
    Nice man!
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Ugh... I would like to see a distribution map that shows where all of the "red zones" are.

Seriously, all of my local Targets only seem to have He-Man and Skeletor... plus the occasional Battle Cat and Sky Sled.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Ugh... I would like to see a distribution map that shows where all of the "red zones" are.

Seriously, all of my local Targets only seem to have He-Man and Skeletor... plus the occasional Battle Cat and Sky Sled.
    I've only seen He-Man, Skeletor and Battle Cat at the three Targets near me.

They ought to just rename this line "He-Man vs Skeletor" because that's about the only thing being shipped to the Wal-Mart and Target stores in my area. There's a difference between having flagship, evergreen characters and having flagship characters that are shipped at a 6:1 ratio over all other figures in the line.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Heroic Warrior
    Same problem up here for me. Just He-Man and Skeletor at my local Target, with a damaged Sky Sled or two thrown in for good measure. I did go in the Thursday before last and was told they had 2 of each Battle Armor version on the way, and when I was able to get back first thing Saturday morning, I found that they had already come in - and sold. Since then, just crickets. I've been calling every day now to see if they have any more stock on the way, but nothing so far. (At least I'm on a first-name basis with Kelly, the very patient Target employee who has now memorized the DPCI and has an update for me each time.)

Mine is the same way, Battlecat, He-Man and Skeletor have been restocked several timeís and no other figures yet. I checked the scanner for the DPCI and now it actually shows the aisle and location but the pegs are empty.

Iíve come to learn some of the employees are none to thrilled when you ask them if they could check the back. One older lady scanned it and said we donít have it and just walked off very annoyed. I finished what I had to do and went and found her and told her I really appreciated her help. She rolled her eyes at me and walked off.
    Instagram: dadhausen

Last edited by DadStrong; January 26, 2021 at 09:57am.

Heroic Warrior
    Last edited by whakojacko; January 26, 2021 at 10:43am.

Yeah I knew clamp champ was up there, I hadnít seen anyone pass along that Wave 2 was up. Just passing along info since I already have them!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    Yeah I knew clamp champ was up there, I hadnít seen anyone pass along that Wave 2 was up. Just passing along info since I already have them!
    I think I posted these sometime in the last 2 weeks at some point at someoneís request but again there is a thread specifically for this. They were probably posted there prior to that. As far as Wave 3 goes, I personally havenít seen them available on Target.com for pick up or purchase. Seems like itís just a placeholder. I also find it interesting that all of Wave 3 comes up as $12.99 instead of $14.99.

Also struck me as odd.. I have notifications for them if they pop up for shipping, if they ever do. My Scare Glow card is absolutely trashed because.... Walmart. So Iíd like another on a decent card.

We were all told to wait for other retailers because ďthere will be plenty to go aroundĒ. We have waited and waited and still barely anything. I know BBTS and EE will have them soon but I really wanted to find everything in stores.

This is starting to make me worry about the Masterverse line now.
    A little bit of a 200x feeling....

There is plenty to go around. Of Heman and Skeletor.

The Targets around here are starting to look like walmart, where Heman and Skeletor are taking over the pegs of the the other MoTU assortments.

Seems these Targets only got one box of the BA figures,Panthor, and the She-ra wave. Its pretty pathetic that a major company has yet to figure out ratios for their lines.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post

Seems these Targets only got one box of the BA figures,Panthor, and the She-ra wave. Its pretty pathetic that a major company has yet to figure out ratios for their lines.
    It seems like neither Mattel nor retailers want to take the time to figure it out. To them, selling 20 He-Mans is the same as selling 10 Robotos and 10 Orkos. They only care when collectors get frustrated and give up, causing lines to die. Then they clearance and start over with a new brand.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Yeah, I'm really curious about this... any other Mattel or Hasbro line would definitely suffer if only two characters filled every peg in the display.

I'm beginning to wonder if the casual collector, or moms and dads not in the know, are thinking that this line is JUST He-Man and Skeletor... like rockem sockem robots, you buy one red and one blue and your done.

Hopefully, in late spring and early summer, we will look back at this worrying and chuckle because the stores have been plentifully stocked with each wave by then.

As long as I can order them online from somewhere (which we all can), I'm good. I'm not trying to go into every retail store during the pandemic just to look for toys, so whatever is sitting on shelves across different regions in the country doesn't really bother me.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Walmart and Target stores around here are flooded with He-man and Skeletor. I get that they probably outsell the other characters by a wide margin, but this is evidence of Mattel being Mattel and thinking it's still the 1980's. They have to understand that the case assortments need to be circulated more consistently rather than letting He-man and Skeletor clog the pegs.

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Walmart and Target stores around here are flooded with He-man and Skeletor. I get that they probably outsell the other characters by a wide margin, but this is evidence of Mattel being Mattel and thinking it's still the 1980's. They have to understand that the case assortments need to be circulated more consistently rather than letting He-man and Skeletor clog the pegs.
    How is this Mattel's fault? He-Man and Skeletor are in their own cases. The stores have to order those cases. The other characters are in seperate cases. and all 3 have diff skus/etc. This is more the stores fault.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

I just want to remind everyone that every year at the beginning of the year and there is always a lull in toys at this time. Give it a few months, yeah I know it's a long time.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/16/2021

The Target I occasionally hit after work was down to three He-Man figures and four Battle Cats yesterday afternoon.

I was hoping to find She-Ra and BA Skeletor.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    The Target I occasionally hit after work was down to three He-Man figures and four Battle Cats yesterday afternoon.

I was hoping to find She-Ra and BA Skeletor.
    Silver lining: They are selling so Mattel and Target will want to have more of the shelf.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/16/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I just want to remind everyone that every year at the beginning of the year and there is always a lull in toys at this time. Give it a few months, yeah I know it's a long time.
    You know weíre impatient lol. I just donít understand how they do resets and yet still donít fill the pegs.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    How is this Mattel's fault? He-Man and Skeletor are in their own cases. The stores have to order those cases. The other characters are in seperate cases. and all 3 have diff skus/etc. This is more the stores fault.
    If you talk to anyone in the Distribution end of either Target, Wal-Mart or Mattel, they'll all agree that Mattel is manufacturing, and by extension shipping, an insane amount of He-Man/Skeletor cases over all other SKUs. I've seen with my own eyes a procurement order for 36 cases of each SKU in the MotWWEU and Origins lines, and in the past four months, Mattel has shipped only the 36 cases of He-Man/Skeletor to this particular distribution center.

The DC then doesn't know if they should continue putting orders in for more and more cases, because Mattel Distribution has been noncommittal on whether they're going to backfill all existing orders or cancel them. This is why they go up for sale on WM's website but then the orders are cancelled.

That problem is entirely Mattel's fault. You can complain about the things that Wal-Mart screws up, of which are many, but Mattel has dropped the ball getting these out to stores, and that's a shame. Now, there's the stores that get cases of product that sit for weeks in the back because they're only focused on stocking necessities, or stores that aren't ordering product, or DCs not supplying product to the stores that order them, and those are all valid criticisms of Wal-Mart.

Target does not suffer from this same schizophrenic distribution scheme, so if there's nothing but He-Man/Skeletor on the shelf at a Target, it's because Mattel didn't ship them anything else or they sold out and haven't restocked the shelves. Doing business with Target is like watching the movement of a fine Swiss watch, and doing business with Wal-Mart is like getting assaulted in a truckstop bathroom: you're left with no cash, a concussion and a lot of unanswered questions.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

So, I stopped at a different Target yesterday to check (apparently, I'm a glutton for punishment) and saw 2 x Battle Cat and just 4 x Skeletor... ugh.

But, it wasn't all for naught because I FINALLY found the Neca Splinter and Baxter Stockman 2-Pack!!!!