Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 158

Thread: MOTU Origins found in Target

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior SuperMario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    227

    MOTU Origins found in Target

    I went to Target this morning and found He-man, Skeletor, Panthor, Battlecat, and Jet Sled/Prince Adam. I didn't see any pegs for other figures, but was stoked to get a Panthor!

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior Cringer_luvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    979
    Found Battle armor He-man Yesterday. Was the only 1 that they had.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    506
    Just found merman, she-ra, roboto and Zodak.

    Found battle armor skeletor at another target.
    Last edited by j-manbp; January 3, 2021 at 09:34am.

  4. #4
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    Found Battle armor He-man Yesterday. Was the only 1 that they had.
    Does the extra head have the same skin tone as the He-man from wave 1?
    Mike
    John 3:16

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior Erndogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    THE 253
    Posts
    216
    Awesome!!!!!
    love Skeletor's face
    IMG_1779.jpg
    IMG_1777.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mikehev View Post
    Does the extra head have the same skin tone as the He-man from wave 1?
    Yes same color

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    4,258
    I like the airbrushed green on the face, but that frowny face head makes him look like a preschool toy.

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    7,010
    That new He-Man head looks worse than the new one on the regular He-Man release.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    4,491
    Both the new Skeletor heads are a vast improvement over the first.

  9. #9
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    7,004
    I like the option of having two weapon-holding hands!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I like the option of having two weapon-holding hands!!
    Indeed, more figure need that. Hell I'm buy a box of hands, left side gripping and right side "***** slap" for everyone!
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Brasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lake Grove, NY
    Posts
    778
    Just found 4 He-man and nothing else. No shelf tags were up
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior SuperMario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    227
    My Target (and the four I went to in the Kansas City - suburbs) still only has He-man and Skeletor for the figures and no pegs for anything else. I did see a single Battle Cat and Sky Sled at one of them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Does anyone have the DCPI for any of the figures at Target?

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    Does anyone have the DCPI for any of the figures at Target?
    Core figures: 087-16-7355

    Panthor (probably Battle Cat too): 087-16-4345

    Deluxe: 087-16-5586
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior Cringer_luvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehev View Post
    Does the extra head have the same skin tone as the He-man from wave 1?
    Mine does

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior ToyCulture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Both the new Skeletor heads are a vast improvement over the first.
    Honestly, I think they all suck. So far the LoP head is my favorite.

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    5,061
    I agree, the new Skeletor heads on Battle Armor Skeletor still look off and goofy. Shouldn't be this hard for Mattel to get Skeletor right. I really wish they were still using the Four Horsemen to sculpt MOTU.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I agree, the new Skeletor heads on Battle Armor Skeletor still look off and goofy.
    Have you seen the Filmation cartoon?
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    5,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Have you seen the Filmation cartoon?
    Nope, never seen it. What is phil-may-shun that you speak of?

    Not sure what the cartoon has to do with Origns Skeletor. The Filmation Skeletor looks far superior to the Orings head sculpts we've gotten. The point is that to me, the Skeletor head sculpts on the Origins figures are quite inferior to every other Skeletor figure we've gotten before them, and it shouldn't be hard to make a good Skeletor head, but here we are.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Nope, never seen it. What is phil-may-shun that you speak of?

    Not sure what the cartoon has to do with Origns Skeletor. The Filmation Skeletor looks far superior to the Orings head sculpts we've gotten. The point is that to me, the Skeletor head sculpts on the Origins figures are quite inferior to every other Skeletor figure we've gotten before them, and it shouldn't be hard to make a good Skeletor head, but here we are.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    In the cartoon Skeletor was goofy as all get out. Giving him somewhat "goofy" looking faces is it trey and trigger that cartoon nostalgia in more casual fans. It's the same reason Mat At Arms has a mustache.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    5,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    In the cartoon Skeletor was goofy as all get out. Giving him somewhat "goofy" looking faces is it trey and trigger that cartoon nostalgia in more casual fans. It's the same reason Mat At Arms has a mustache.
    Well, while the personality may have been, the look of Skeletor in the cartoon wasn't goofy looking in my opinion. They could have done goofy better, I suppose. These new Skeletor faces look more like masks than skulls to me, and the mouths look like they are sewn shut vs being teeth. I thought I would like the closed-mouth faces better than the gaping mouth one of the original, but from what I've seen so far, I do not. Maybe that will change in person.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,708
    I appreciate that Mattel are doing different heads for both He-Man and Skeletor, at least we have a choice on which ones to use.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Well, while the personality may have been, the look of Skeletor in the cartoon wasn't goofy looking in my opinion. They could have done goofy better, I suppose. These new Skeletor faces look more like masks than skulls to me, and the mouths look like they are sewn shut vs being teeth. I thought I would like the closed-mouth faces better than the gaping mouth one of the original, but from what I've seen so far, I do not. Maybe that will change in person.
    I can see your point now, and yeah having them in person might help too, it did for me and Mer-Man's face.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,130
    Does anyone know if the minicomics for the deluxe figures (Battle Armor He-Man, Battle Armor Skeletor, etc) are different from the ones for the regular Wave 3 figures?

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Does anyone know if the minicomics for the deluxe figures (Battle Armor He-Man, Battle Armor Skeletor, etc) are different from the ones for the regular Wave 3 figures?
    Each Deluxe each come with a different minicomic.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Each Deluxe each come with a different minicomic.
    Very cool, thanks for the info!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •