Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Disapointments with the Origins line

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I really love this line, so far. But nothing's perfect. Really, the only things I haven't liked much were the prominent knee joints on Teela and Evil-Lyn, and Skeletor's "baby bonnet"-looking hood. The face could be a little bit better, sure; but what bothers me more is how much of his bare neck you see. I know it would have been less accurate to the original figure's design but I would have much rather preferred a full hood like the Super 7 5.5 Skeletor figure. It's just plain a better look for the character, and I think it would improve the figure's look even if the face stayed the same.

The MOST disappointing thing to me so far is how the stores around here only have He-Man and Skeletor if they have anything at all. Granted, every time they stock them they sell out rather fast, which is good I guess. But I've only been able to find the first Wave so far, and most of what I got from that was bought online or through my friends at the local flea market. I'd pick some up online right now just to get them already, but my wife ordered one for me as a surprise gift and it hasn't shown up yet, so I have to wait until it does before I buy any more of them.

Overall there's a few things I'd change but nothing I really don't like. Just a few things I think could be a *little* better.
    Wow. Minus the wife, I could've written this same post. (I'm hoping the upcoming Acala-style Skeletor Head will have tweaked the hood design enough that the 'baby bonnet' syndrome isn't quite as noticeable.)

Alcala Skeletor is best Skeletor, indeed. Those burning red eyes haunt me.

And a wife who loves He-Man (or just toys in general) is a gift that keeps on giving. I never have to explain or justify the exorbitant amount of money I spend on piles of toys and other such "nonsense".

One time we were at Walmart when those new Ghostbusters '84 movie figures came out, and they had the entire set, and she said if I didn't buy them all she was gonna leave me there. I love her.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    I wonder if the current line of administrators at Mattel and today's kids market will have a soft spot for characters like Rio-Blast? But then again funky named characters like Stinkor and Fisto are among the most demanded in the line!
    Dude, we're already have Scare Glow and Clamp Champ is coming. Rio blast is not that out there as far as obscurity goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    If / when they get to Dragstor, will he have the action feature wheel?
    If not I say we riot.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Dude, we're already have Scare Glow and Clamp Champ is coming. Rio blast is not that out there as far as obscurity goes.

- - - Updated - - -

If not I say we riot.
    There's a big difference between getting Scare Glow and Clamp Champ out early vs Rio Blast. The first two share a lot of existing parts, and Rio will require a lot of new tooling.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

If we don't get Rio-Blast then there's no justice in the universe.

I cannot even begin to explain exactly why I love Rio-Blast so much, but man... I love that guy. I really hope he shows up! Kinda think he will... eventually. He seems to have a bit of a strong cult following and I think Mattel knows that. Fingers crossed!
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    If we don't get Rio-Blast then there's no justice in the universe.

I cannot even begin to explain exactly why I love Rio-Blast so much, but man... I love that guy. I really hope he shows up! Kinda think he will... eventually. He seems to have a bit of a strong cult following and I think Mattel knows that. Fingers crossed!
    Well, they got to Ninjor very quickly. I have a theory that in each wave, there will be one "outsider" character.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    There's a big difference between getting Scare Glow and Clamp Champ out early vs Rio Blast. The first two share a lot of existing parts, and Rio will require a lot of new tooling.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Good point. New legs, new torso, new arms new head... He'd end up being almost all new parts... But if they are planning guys like Mekaneck, Kroba Kahn, and Rattlor I'm sure they can get Rio Blast in there. Hell, he's be the prefect good guy to face off against any of the Snake Men.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

I think Rio Blast would be a Deluxe figure.

If not I say we riot.
    I wasn't talking about obscurity, I was talking about appeal.
    Plus, like Wayne-Klops has mentioned he requires a good amount of tooling, which might, just might put him on the back burner.

I have nothing against Rio personally, I was talking about certain characters that might be less appealing to the market and to his makers!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    I wasn't talking about obscurity, I was talking about appeal.
    Plus, like Wayne-Klops has mentioned he requires a good amount of tooling, which might, just might put him on the back burner.

I have nothing against Rio personally, I was talking about certain characters that might be less appealing to the market and to his makers!
    Fair point. I would like him and he'd might be popular in some parts of the US, but year I don't see him having that mass appeal. Maybe he can come in a two pack with a generic Snake-Man soldier.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

Fair point. I would like him and he'd might be popular in some parts of the US, but year I don't see him having that mass appeal. Maybe he can come in a two pack with a generic Snake-Man soldier.
    If they end up doing Rio Blast, I hope they do him "right". The Classics version was definitely flawed. The Four Horsemen sculpt was awesome as always, but they didn't tool a chest that could open (yet they DID do it for Buzz Saw Hordak, of all figures!), and the chest flap that was designed couldn't even be closed properly!
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    If they end up doing Rio Blast, I hope they do him "right". The Classics version was definitely flawed. The Four Horsemen sculpt was awesome as always, but they didn't tool a chest that could open (yet they DID do it for Buzz Saw Hordak, of all figures!), and the chest flap that was designed couldn't even be closed properly!
    Indeed he'd have to be all new parts, but with how easy it is to make MOTU figures with out any new tooling to would really easy to make a wave with the bluk of the profit going into R&D for Rio Blast.

Moss Man, Faker, Prince Adam and Anti-Eternia He-Man. Not a great wave but a cheap one and no new tooling could free up some money, or cover the cost for Rio Blast.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 2/27/2021

I like the prospect of being able to easily swap parts around with a Rio Blast figure!

Imagine some of the Cosmic Enforcers you could create...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!