Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Skeletor Skull Cases

I swung by one of the three Walmarts in town just now, since Brickseek shows that they have 6+ in stock. Naturally, they had nothing, though I did grab an extra Point Dread set for $17. (I can get good use out of the Grayskull-green pieces and the extra Zodac!) I stopped by the furthest Walmart from my house since I was already most of the way out there. I was really hoping to find something, anything, beyond wave three of the WWE MOTU figures, which was a bust. But lo and behold, they had the Fisto Skeletor head, despite showing none of these in stock for the entire past week! Brickseek is accurate more often than not, in my experience, but this was one time it let me down. It sucks that I missed the other two, especially Trap Jaw, but I'm glad to have at least one of them. I have a separate smaller battle display for variants and extras in this line, so the extra Fisto will go over there.

CFE7AB64-12D2-498D-A416-52564F90734E.jpg
    I just found these in store.

Can someone tell me how to fix my sideways pics?
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    e

Exact same thing here. I have two WMs within 20 minutes and both have had 6 Flocked Panthors and 6 Skeletor Heads 'in stock' (according to their website) for over a week and I've checked both three times to find nothing. Multiple employees have done their best and gone into the back but they are nowhere to be found. Not even shelf tags, nothing.
    Do you have a link for the Walmart Exclusive Origins Flocked Panthor? I can only find the Loyal Subjects one when I search.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    Do you have a link for the Walmart Exclusive Origins Flocked Panthor? I can only find the Loyal Subjects one when I search.
    Itís the mega construx panthor not the origins one. Is the origins one even out yet?
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

I bought the flocked panthor and the 3 skeletor heads. The trap jaw has has 2 left boots and wonít work. I tried the replacement site but it tells me the set doesnít exist and defaults it back to mega bloks. Any thoughts? Maybe itís to new.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

independently bolty Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I bought the flocked panthor and the 3 skeletor heads. The trap jaw has has 2 left boots and wonít work. I tried the replacement site but it tells me the set doesnít exist and defaults it back to mega bloks. Any thoughts? Maybe itís to new.
    I assume the site you're trying to use is support.megabrands.com ? It's probably best if you use one of these two other methods to open a customer service case. After all, it's been six months since the Roton set came out and even after that long, that product still hasn't been added to their database for that website.

1. Give 'em a call. 1-800-465-MEGA (6342)
    2. Or if you prefer to reach out online, use the general Mattel "email us" page: https://service.mattel.com/us/ContactUs.aspx. The form on that page has worked for me before -- just allow Mega a few business days to get in touch with you.
    I'd like to thank Mega Construx for selecting me to be a sponsored builder! More MOTU custom projects on the way!

My Mega Construx gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Itís the mega construx panthor not the origins one. Is the origins one even out yet?
    Ahh, gotcha. I still gotta pick that one up too. My local Walmart did end up putting out the Skeletor Skulls, but not the flocked Panthor yet. It looks like they're still waiting to do their toy aisle reset. They had one of each of the skulls left and the display box, so I was able to buy those today! These are really cool looking cases, hopefully we'll see more in the future! I'm holding out hope for Trap Jaw heads!

found them in nashville today! love them.
    cogito ergo doleo

Widget
    Got the trap jaw and sky sled ones. Hope they do a he-man Or Hordak wave.

Heroic Podcaster
    Finally found these at a local Wal-Mart along with flocked Panthor. Found a case, bought my set and left the other for another collector (hopefully).

Such a weird product. I keep my stuff sealed so these don't really add much to a display. Really wish they had come carded like flocked Panthor. The figure selection is bizarre. Trap Jaw I get because people like his mini-comic colors, but the Fisto makes no sense. Wasted slot. Webstor would have been amazing here with the climbing theme. The He-Man that comes with Jet Sled makes sense but is really uninspired. Sy-Klone or Buzz-Off (even though he can fly) would have been nice. That said regarding the figures, the actual sets are terrific. Getting vintage deep cuts like Cliff Climber(!) and Jet Sled is a trend that I hope continues.

Just please Mattel, card these so we can see the coolness. We don't need plastic MOTU heads that serve no purpose. Heck, egg-shaped Meteorb packages would have made more sense, even without transforming. Or Stonedar/Rokkon shaped 'rock' packages. Put as much creativity into the package as you did the actual toys and they'll be miles better.

In my opinion. Thanks for reading.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    ...Just please Mattel, card these so we can see the coolness. We don't need plastic MOTU heads that serve no purpose. Heck, egg-shaped Meteorb packages would have made more sense, even without transforming. Or Stonedar/Rokkon shaped 'rock' packages. Put as much creativity into the package as you did the actual toys and they'll be miles better.

In my opinion. Thanks for reading.
    I also hope they put out these figs carded. I love my carded Mega Construx! I do admit, though, I absolutely love the heads. The glow in the dark one is my fav and they kinda look great on display...and would look better if they do a wider selection. Of course, I want them to Double-up and card them too so figures aren’t missing like all the set related figs.

independently bolty Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    These are marked down to $5.00 apiece at my local Walmarts. Reminds me of when the He-Man vs. Beast Man Mega Construx pack was brand new last year and yet Walmart was intent on slashing its price to clearance.
    I'd like to thank Mega Construx for selecting me to be a sponsored builder! More MOTU custom projects on the way!

My Mega Construx gallery

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    These are marked down to $5.00 apiece at my local Walmarts. Reminds me of when the He-Man vs. Beast Man Mega Construx pack was brand new last year and yet Walmart was intent on slashing its price to clearance.
    I've been keeping an eye out for these Skeletor Head mini-sets since the start of this thread and haven't found them yet. My local WM is supposed to have them in stock, and according to Brickseek they're now reduced to $5 as well. Guess I'll head out to my local WM in the next couple of days and check again,

Seems like the same thing happened last year with the G1 re-issue Transformers, out of the shipping box and right to clearance. (Although the MSRP on the reissues was way high (Optimus Prime was ridiculous, $50 AND Hasbro dropped his trailer) the clearance pricing brought prices down to reasonable levels.)

I got lucky and found all these at one of my local Walmarts on my home from work last week.

20210127WMMCHaul.jpg
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    The Skeletor heads look fantastic, can't wait to get some.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Probably already been answered on here but does the one Skeletor head glow in the dark?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    Seems like the same thing happened last year with the G1 re-issue Transformers, out of the shipping box and right to clearance. (Although the MSRP on the reissues was way high (Optimus Prime was ridiculous, $50 AND Hasbro dropped his trailer) the clearance pricing brought prices down to reasonable levels.)
    Complete agreement about the Optimus retail price. I never found him on clearance.
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Probably already been answered on here but does the one Skeletor head glow in the dark?

Complete agreement about the Optimus retail price. I never found him on clearance.
    The one with Fisto does indeed GID.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

Has anyone who has built the Jet Sled noticed/felt? that the handlebars/steering column is a bit long for practical use? When folded down, it sticks out the rear uncharacteristically from the original, and when in use, the pilot can't see over it to steer! I shortened the column by one stud (which involved the use of an "off brand" 2x1 plate in blue, eliminating the 4x1 plate in front, and replacing it with the 3x1 plate from the back of the column), and I feel it is a much more faithful adaptation now...
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    Has anyone who has built the Jet Sled noticed/felt? that the handlebars/steering column is a bit long for practical use? When folded down, it sticks out the rear uncharacteristically from the original, and when in use, the pilot can't see over it to steer! I shortened the column by one stud (which involved the use of an "off brand" 2x1 plate in blue, eliminating the 4x1 plate in front, and replacing it with the 3x1 plate from the back of the column), and I feel it is a much more faithful adaptation now...
    I don't have mine yet, but I was thinking of doing the same thing to mine. I think they made it one stud longer so when you use it on He-Man's back as a jetpack it sits on the ground, so he doesn't fall over.

Quote Originally Posted by tottimas View Post
    I don't have mine yet, but I was thinking of doing the same thing to mine. I think they made it one stud longer so when you use it on He-Man's back as a jetpack it sits on the ground, so he doesn't fall over.
    :^) That had not occurred to me. Thanks for sharing!
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

OK, I have a question: In the Fisto/ Cliff Climber set what is the blue orb supposed to be? It makes me think of the "Power of Grayskull" orb that came with King Grayskull and the pedastal with the blue crystals nearby, but that doesn't make a lot of sense for Fisto to be tracking it down and carrying it around. Is there something else I'm missing? My daughter thought it looked like some artifact from a Filmation episode but couldn't recall what exactly it was.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

So full disclosure: I have absolutely no idea.

That being said

Can you describe the orb? Does it have a hole to be put on a peg for example?

IMG_9752.jpg

IMG_9754.jpg

The orb sits on top of Skeletor's head but there's an extra half of the orb and a small handle which the instructions show you can use to assemble a solid orb that Fisto can hold.

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    The orb sits on top of Skeletor's head but there's an extra half of the orb and a small handle which the instructions show you can use to assemble a solid orb that Fisto can hold.
    Cool! Thank you!

I have an Evil Lynn figure. This one:
    MCevillynn.jpg

I can't help but feel like her staff is missing something. Do you think the orb would be a good size for the end?

The orb is pretty large and I'm not sure how it would look:

IMG_9742.jpg

"We have a Ram-Man!"