Thread: Online Celebrity Chats

Online Celebrity Chats

I'm sure I created a thread like this already, but I can't find it (or I accidentally deleted it for some reason I can't fathom just now), but I am really enjoying the chance to interact with some of my favourite musicians online lately. I would love to see a concert at an actual venue again one day when such events are possible given the dreaded pandemic, but I do like the actual interaction and chats as well as the music. I have had the pleasure of such interactions with Gretchen Peters, Suzy Bogguss, Beth Nielsen Chapman and Luba Mason (and a non-concert chat with Charlotte Caffey, Jane Wiedlin and Kathy Valentine from The Go-Go's), and I hope for more.

Who else has been attending virtual concerts and chats?

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Mikey; February 5, 2021 at 04:51am.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Alyssa Milano Chat This Weekend

This weekend I will have the pleasure of chatting with one of my idols, the lovely and talented Alyssa Milano on Friday February 5 at 8:00 PM EST (which is Saturday 6 February at 11:30 AM my time). We will not only be chatting about her amazing careers in film, TV and even writing and music, as well as a lot of topics I can't post about here since they are very political (which I know is Tar Swamp territory), but needless to say Alyssa and I share the same social values, and everyone who knows me online and offline knows what those beliefs are.

If you're interested I can send the link to you via PM.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

I have two chats tomorrow, one with Beth Nielsen Chapman and one with Alyssa Milano, and next weekend I'll be doing a Zoom chat with Suzy Bogguss. Online interaction with beloved musicians/actors is awesome!

Last edited by Mikey; February 5, 2021 at 04:52am.

Heroic Warrior
    I would love to get the link! Alyssa has always been one of my favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I would love to get the link! Alyssa has always been one of my favorites!
    The only reason I didn't post the link in this thread is because it may be linking to something potentially political which isn't allowed outside the Tar Swamp. I'm still waiting for the email link to get into the event, but I'll PM anyone who is interested when I do get the link.

The invitation said: *Join the Democratic Youth Coalition for a discussion with actress and activist Alyssa Milano. We will be discussing policy, advocacy and Alyssa's career as an actress.*

If I get permission from a moderator, I can post the link here though.
    Last edited by Mikey; February 4, 2021 at 11:05pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    The only reason I didn't post the link in this thread is because it may be linking to something potentially political which isn't allowed outside the Tar Swamp. I'm still waiting for the email link to get into the event, but I'll PM anyone who is interested when I do get the link.

The invitation said: *Join the Democratic Youth Coalition for a discussion with actress and activist Alyssa Milano. We will be discussing policy, advocacy and Alyssa's career as an actress.*

If I get permission from a moderator, I can post the link here though.
    Looking forward to listening-in!

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Looking forward to listening-in!
    I'm going to do my part to be an active voice in the chat, there's so much I would love to chat with Alyssa about and offer her support and encouragement. She gets so much vile and monstrous hate which she doesn't deserve, and I'm sure she could use some kind words to know that people do care.
    Last edited by Uki; February 5, 2021 at 01:36pm.

Don’t worry, I promise to stay out of the chat. I think it’d be nice if Alyssa Milano sang you Happy Birthday since your birthday is almost here.
    Last edited by Uki; February 5, 2021 at 01:37pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    Don’t worry, I promise to stay out of the chat. I think it’d be nice if Alyssa Milano sang you Happy Birthday since your birthday is almost here.

I won't put Alyssa on the spot for a song, although I have heard that she CAN actually sing.

- - - Updated - - -

The Beth Nielsen Chapman concert/chat was awesome and she said my name which always gives me a thrill. Beth has a few more shows lined up thoughout the month.

Alyssa Milano's chat was illuminating and inspirational, there were no haters, I got to chat with other fans and Alyssa gave us her email address!

- - - Updated - - -

I have a chat scheduled for tomorrow morning with Catherine Sutherland & Nakia Burrise from Power Rangers!

- - - Updated - - -

I have been a part of a few chats in my recovery period, all of which have touched my heart (The Go-Go's, The Bangles, Beth Nielsen Chapman, Luba Mason, Suzy Bogguss, Alyssa Milano) and have had several other positive celebrity interactions, but never in my life has a chat nearly reduced me to tears - in a warm, kind and fuzzy sort of way. Catherine Sutherland & Nakia Burrise (Kat & Tanya) from Power Rangers have to be two of the loveliest people in the world and they were so kind to me. See my Power Rangers thread for highlights of the chat!

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a Zoom chat with lovely and talented Suzy Bogguss at 6:30 AM tomorrow.

I love these online chats and concerts!

- - - Updated - - -

No chats lined up for this week, but hopefully next week, most likely Beth Nielsen Chapman!

- - - Updated - - -

It's a good thing I check YouTube daily, I do indeed have a live concert and chat with Beth Nielsen Chapman tomorrow morning at 4:30 AM. Weird time for a concert, but one has to factor in different world time zones!

Last edited by Uki; February 5, 2021 at 01:37pm.