Thread: Origins Wind Raider Thread - Preorder Open at BBTS

Origins Wind Raider Thread - Preorder Open at BBTS

Big Bad Toy Store just listed a MOTU Origins Wind Raider for Pre-Order with a June 2021 release date!

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/147862

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Big Bad Toy Store just listed a MOTU Origins Wind Raider for Pre-Order with a June 2021 release date!

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/147862
    I canít wait for pics of this!

Heroic Warrior
    Just wanted to see pics. I doubt I'll think it looks cool.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    I know its probably bad to say but im just so tired of the wind raider. this may be the first origins item I skip out on. I just have so many versions at this point. rather they make other vehicles we have received since the original line. I mean we have megaconstrux, hotwheel, classics, original, and now another. just don't think I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    I know its probably bad to say but im just so tired of the wind raider. this may be the first origins item I skip out on. I just have so many versions at this point. rather they make other vehicles we have received since the original line. I mean we have megaconstrux, hotwheel, classics, original, and now another. just don't think I need it.
    While that may be true for you, but Origins is an all new line, and some people, even collectors don't have any wind raiders, and it's one of the classic vehicles.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 3/6/2021

I'm really curious to see what they do with it. While the figures are mostly based on the vintage figures, bigger items have been more interpreted (esp Grayskull, Sky Sled).

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I'm really curious to see what they do with it. While the figures are mostly based on the vintage figures, bigger items have been more interpreted (esp Grayskull, Sky Sled).
    I looked at some pictures of the vintage wind raider and I just hope it's bigger.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 3/6/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I looked at some pictures of the vintage wind raider and I just hope it's bigger.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUrPubXU8AI1z66.jpg
    Well it's a small vehicle to begin with, but that picture is a bit deceptive of its size because He-Man isn't sitting properly in it. here is another pic where Mer-Man is sitting a little deeper:
    Vintage-1982-Masters-of-the-Universe-MOTU-Green.jpg
    Last edited by Darkkosis; January 22, 2021 at 07:35pm.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I preordered it. Im gonna love it. No hate. You cant have too many Wind Raiders. And to be able to have it in so many different lines is simply amazing.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Never had the vintage WR but wow I didn't realise it was so small!

I have the classics one so won't be getting this but glad its getting another release.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Never had the vintage WR but wow I didn't realise it was so small!

I have the classics one so won't be getting this but glad its getting another release.
    How do Origins figures look in the classics Wind Raider?
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 3/6/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Well it's a small vehicle to begin with, but that picture is a bit deceptive of the its size because He-Man isn't sitting properly in it. here is another pic where Mer-Man is sitting a little deeper:
    Vintage-1982-Masters-of-the-Universe-MOTU-Green.jpg
    That 2nd pic with Mer-Man is a better reference.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I really want to believe Mattel has the sense to improve the design/size for Origins. I love the Skysled and it works. But who am I kidding? This is a corporate toy company.

Well, if they delivered the goods for the Sky Sled, what makes you so sure they'll drop the ball on the Wind Raider?
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Well, if they delivered the goods for the Sky Sled, what makes you so sure they'll drop the ball on the Wind Raider?
    Because Hasbro and Mattel can never be consistent. None of the mega-corps are.

Quote Originally Posted by Forcehunter View Post
    Because Hasbro and Mattel can never be consistent. None of the mega-corps are.
    I don't know, Hasbro has been very consistent with the Transformers lime for the last 6 years or so.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 3/6/2021

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Let's just hope they keep sculpted details and/or add more of them on the new one...
    As much as I like how the new Sky Sled turned out in the Origins line, I still think the overall shape of the Classics is more menacing which was also based on the vintage Battle-Ram.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I don't know, Hasbro has been very consistent with the Transformers lime for the last 6 years or so.
    ^^ This. They are also consistent with Star Wars Black.
    Mattel is mickey mouse in comparison.

Widget
    I hope it's a 2 seater.

The Classics Wind Raider is my favorite MotU vehicle in any MotU line, ever.

That said, I am curious about this Origins Wind Raider but I doubt I'll get it. I'd rather have the Origins Battle Ram
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I'm probably good for one of these. Even though the Classics version is impressive and could probably work fine, I'm kind of in love with the toyetic, fun aesthetic of this line too. I'm more excited about the Landshark, of course, and I am pumped for other vehicles (even those we saw in MOTUC like the Battle Ram, Talon Fighter, and Roton). I think my most anticipated and hoped for releases are Spydor, Bashasaurus, Dragon Walker, Attak Trak, Road Ripper, Laser Bolt, and (if you want to count them) Battle Bones and Mantisaur.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy