Thread: Black Lightning Season 4 [FINAL] & Spin-Off - Other Arrowverse News 2021

Black Lightning Season 4 [FINAL] & Spin-Off - Other Arrowverse News 2021

Apparently Black Lightning's Season 4 will also be the final season of the acclaimed superhero series. However, Jordan Calloway's character Khalil Payne (Painkiller) may be getting a spin-off series!

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...ff-arrowverse/

*An official description reads: "Based on characters created for DC by Tony Isabella with Eddie Newell, Painkiller follows Khalil Payne (Calloway), a young man ridden with the guilt of his troubled past from his former life in Freeland City.

"As a super-enhanced killing machine known as Painkiller, he was both a member of Tobias Whale's gang and a weapon of Agent Odell and the shadowy ASA. After attempting to bury the darker, devastatingly lethal Painkiller part of his persona, Khalil has distanced himself away from everyone he knows and loves in a new city, Akashic Valley, in order to find peace.

"But peace never comes easy for men with pasts like his. As his violent, destructive history crashes his idyllic new beginning, Khalil is thrust back into action with a new mission – bring justice where he once gave out punishment – but to do that, he will first have to deal with and harness his darker side."

Calloway has featured on Black Lightning since its first season, first as a recurring character before being upgraded to the main cast for season 2.

Premiere date details for the first season of Painkiller are yet to be revealed.*

We know that Supergirl with Melissa Benoist is also reaching its final season this year, but we will be getting the spin-off series Superman And Lois, in which we see Clark Kent/Superman (Tyler Hoechlin) and Lois Lane (Elizabeth Tulloch) deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society.

Also we shall see Season 2 of Batwoman which will not only see a new actress wearing the batcostume, but a whole new character as Ryan Wilder (Javicia Leslie) takes over from Kate Kane (Ruby Rose). The reason for Rose's departure is as follows:

[Rose] had back surgery following an on-set accident in 2019 which was a contributing factor in deciding to leave, saying it was "time for [her] to take a break to fully heal and then return" to acting. Spending time in isolation because of the COVID-19 pandemic also allowed Rose "to just think about a lot of different things and what [she] wants to achieve in life and what [she] wants to do," which allowed her "a great opportunity to have a dialogue about a lot of things" with the producers.

Ryan discovers Kate Kane’s Batsuit and decides to give it a test drive which leads to an unexpected and drastic change to her life. Ryan sees the suit as her chance to finally be powerful and no longer a victim as she survives in the tough streets of the city. Apparently we may also see the debut of the new Batmobile!

It's business as usual for The Flash (Season 7), Legends Of Tomorrow (Season 6) and Stargirl (Season 2) which do not appear to be reaching their final seasons yet.

Unfortunately, a proposed spin-off series featuring the new generation of Green Arrow & The Canaries has now been cancelled.
    Last edited by Mikey; January 17, 2021 at 01:40am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Apparently Black Lightning's Season 4 will also be the final season of the acclaimed superhero series. However, Jordan Calloway's character Khalil Payne (Painkiller) may be getting a spin-off series!

It's business as usual for The Flash (Season 7), Legends Of Tomorrow (Season 6) and Stargirl (Season 2) which do not appear to be reaching their final seasons yet.

Unfortunately, a proposed spin-off series featuring the new generation of Green Arrow & The Canaries has now been cancelled.

I’m so bummed that Black Lightning is ending! Ugh! it’s been my favorite DC show of late. Another one that got the shaft in regards to toys and merchandise. My one Funko Pop sits alone. I remember a figurine as well, I think. I was really hoping for a Thunder and Lightning spin-off.

It’s disappointing about the Green Arrow/Canaries series. That had real potential but, Legends still makes me happy every season

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I’m so bummed that Black Lightning is ending! Ugh! it’s been my favorite DC show of late. Another one that got the shaft in regards to toys and merchandise. My one Funko Pop sits alone. I remember a figurine as well, I think. I was really hoping for a Thunder and Lightning spin-off.

It’s disappointing about the Green Arrow/Canaries series. That had real potential but, Legends still makes me happy every season
    I love all the DC shows too, Anissa from Black Lightning being one of my favourite characters.

I had always hoped to see Shining Knight in Legends..., but seeing him in Stargirl makes me just as happy.

I was also looking forward to seeing more of William, Mia and The Canaries in the now-cancelled Arrow spin-off too.

Heroic Warrior
    I love all the DC shows too, Anissa from Black Lightning being one of my favourite characters.

I had always hoped to see Shining Knight in Legends..., but seeing him in Stargirl makes me just as happy.

I was also looking forward to seeing more of William, Mia and The Canaries in the now-cancelled Arrow spin-off too.
    I really enjoyed season 1 of Stargirl. I e always enjoyed watching Luke Wilson and Brec really plays the role well. Excited for this season

I love when all the various DC shows start being released on DVD each year, I like to watch them in marathons rather than on a weekly basis.

Heroic Warrior
    And...it begins. Iím so sad and yet excited to see how they conclude the series.

I love how John Diggle (David Ramsey) and Jay Garrick (John Wesley Shipp) are going to appear in crossovers with Superman And Lois as well as Stargirl (which will officially become Arrowverse canon I'm told).

Heroic Warrior
    I love how John Diggle (David Ramsey) and Jay Garrick (John Wesley Shipp) are going to appear in crossovers with Superman And Lois as well as Stargirl (which will officially become Arrowverse canon I'm told).
    This is awesome news! I canít wait for Superman & Lois! Big fan of Tyler and Bitsieís S&L. I was Also a major Smallville fan back in itís day and have been waiting for a new Superman show ever since. Lots of great tv right now and coming up!

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    This is awesome news! I canít wait for Superman & Lois! Big fan of Tyler and Bitsieís S&L. I was Also a major Smallville fan back in itís day and have been waiting for a new Superman show ever since. Lots of great tv right now and coming up!
    I'm looking forward to Superman & Lois too.

I don't know if or how it could possibly happen, but I would like to see Brit Morgan and Italia Ricci reprise their roles as Livewire and Silver Banshee from Supergirl. Or they could bring back Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant. I do hope Melissa Benoist could come back for guest appearances too.

I'm rather bummed about Black Lightning ending, it was one of the better Arrowverse shows I thought.

May be interesting to see if Braniac, Mongul, or some of that crew show up in the new Superman show. Braniac or Darkseid has potential as the next big crossover villain.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"All you have is your fire, and the place you need to reach
    Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash"
    - Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    I'm rather bummed about Black Lightning ending, it was one of the better Arrowverse shows I thought.

May be interesting to see if Braniac, Mongul, or some of that crew show up in the new Superman show. Braniac or Darkseid has potential as the next big crossover villain.
    Agreed, Black Lightning had the most substance, IMO.

I'm looking forward to Superman & Lois too.

I don't know if or how it could possibly happen, but I would like to see Brit Morgan and Italia Ricci reprise their roles as Livewire and Silver Banshee from Supergirl. Or they could bring back Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant. I do hope Melissa Benoist could come back for guest appearances too.
    It would take a pretty serious change of heart...

Supergirl: Melissa Benoist Reportedly Wonít Return Again as Supergirl for Future Episodes

Supergirl has flown as far as she could. CW is cancelling the show after Season 6. This sixth season will be the end for one of the Arrowverseís main shows. Once the final season airs, itís being reported that itís star, Melissa Benoist, isnít interested in dawning the cape ever again.

According to the report, ďonce the series finale airs, Benoist has no intentions of ever suiting up again. According to our intel, the actress wants to distance herself from the Arrowverse to avoid being typecast and will look to forge ahead with her career outside the confines of The CW.Ē

ďIn fact, sheís reportedly actively looking to secure roles in big budget movies or premium TV shows in order to take the next step beyond Supergirl and as such, isnít interested in returning to the franchise again. Which means that fans should make the most of this last batch of episodes as theyíll likely be the last time Benoist is seen as the hero.Ē

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post

I absolutely loved the first season. 2nd was pretty solid. I thought the 3rd sucked most of the life out of the show. I'm iffy on the start of the 4th. I really hope it ends strong.

It's a shame about Melissa Benoist's decision to distance herself from the Arrowverse.

However a new Supergirl has been found for DC's movie universe. The name of the actress is Sasha Calle. She will make her debut in The Flash (movie version, not the series).

https://deadline.com/2021/02/supergi...dc-1234697190/