Thread: Always bugged me Stratos and Stinkor had no weapon. I had an eureka moment to fix

Heroic Warrior

Always bugged me Stratos and Stinkor had no weapon. I had an eureka moment to fix

Maybe everyone else has already done this long ago but I recently got the blue power sword and axe from the Weapon Pack for my collection, and discovered it is an exact match in plastic color to my Stratos blue wings. He looks fantastic with that axe! I've always been a little perturbed that Stratos had no weapons, finally he doesn't have to fight barehanded! I can't believe it never dawned on me before.

I'd like to get a red wings Stratos now and am mulling over getting a custom red axe made to match or I also wonder if the Horde Trooper weapon is the same plastic color as the Stratos red wings? (to keep it to original vintage toys)

Then I started looking around and wondered what others may have done with their weaponless figures or extra weapons.
    Does the blue Webstor gun or Mosquitors blue gun match Stinkors shield color? Why didn't poor stinkor get a weapon? What looks best for him?

Has anyone tried a Thunder Punch He-Man gold power sword with King Randor to go with or perhaps replace a missing gold spear?

What other weapons mismatches look good?
    Do you put your yellow Beastman armor included in the weapons pack on your moss man or a second Beastman?
    I put it on a second Beastman.

I used black zodac armor and gun on a custom Wun-dar Wonderbread repaint of a spare He-Man.
    I used the maroon short sword and shield with a custom repaint of a triklops with prince adams head for my Savage He-Man (thinking about a Fisto left hand to hold the maroon axe instead of the shield though) the rest of the maroon weapons I added to the Grayskull weapons rack with the tan weapons.
    I now want to get a second Grayskull weapons rack for the gray five weapons from the weapons pack. What did you guys and gals do with your extra weapons or weaponles figures for your display?

Didn't stinkor come with a blue shield?

also I gave my stratos a stick from fruity pebbles (The stratos I bought was from a yard sale had it)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Some versions of the Man-E-Faces extra weapons are a brighter red color, and those work with Stratos.

There's also a gray spear from the "Fantasy World" line that works well for Stratos

Just like his cartoon counterpart the vintage Stratos figure does not have weapons. Oddly, the vintage Stinkor had no weapon other than his shield as opposed to his Classics counterpart who comes with a blue blaster pistol and the usual shield.
    Last edited by Neophron; January 18, 2021 at 11:34am.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I gave him the blue sword (sometimes the axe), and another the blue axe went to beast man (And sometime faker would get the blue weapons.)

http://he-man.us/Innovations/OldToysNewWeapons.html
    My blue winged Stratos is awesome with that blue weapons pack axe. So much so that I ordered a custom red He-Man battle axe for my red winged Stratos.

Didn't feel right anyone other than He-Man, Skeletor, Prince Adam or Faker getting a power sword, so I gave Sorceress the blue weapons pack power sword held by the side guard in one hand and her white staff in the other. Color matches her headdress blue perfect, now she has a "key" to the castle and is standing up in the Grayskull turret with King Randor (Orko is on the other turret with the cannon.) I might give Randor a gold power sword from the Thunder Punch He-Man too.

That stupid Beastman whip from the prior big jim molds never fit right in the grip fist or looked cool. I'm betting that is the number one weapon/accessory lost by the original owner. Seems like 90% of the loose Beastmen figures lost their whip. Apparently Mattel thought so too and put it in the weapons pack.
    Needless to say I have a yellow Beastman armor and a regular red armor beast man both currently without weapons.
    The red is the same plastic color as the Stratos red or Zodacs gun but I will never give a blaster to Beastman.
    I like the dark brown Mossman club and want one for Beastman too to match Mossman, but am reluctant to give the tan weapons rack club, green Clawful club, maroon man e faces club, or gray weapons pack club to either Beastman (red or yellow armor) as the colors don't go well together.
    I might try to have custom stratos/zodac red color clubs made or one baby blue club same color as the axe/power sword or Evil-lyns staff made.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Some versions of the Man-E-Faces extra weapons are a brighter red color, and those work with Stratos.

There's also a gray spear from the "Fantasy World" line that works well for Stratos
    So far I have resisted giving weapons from other toy lines to MOTU, but I do have a Remco Warrior Beasts Wolf Warrior, and Imperial toys Rhino mount with saddle, and a Yellow Two headed dragon mount with saddle mixed in (because I had all of those as a kid with my He-Man.)
    I also have the Big Jim Bald Eagle and Golden Eagle (both retrofitted with screech armor and perch) and the Big Jim Tiger as a mount. Still looking for that Mattel Tarzan black panther, but my brother has it in his motu collection, boy does Scareglow look cool on it.

I had the eight Fantasy Warriors Soma guys too as a kid my favorite was a gold and black armor guy with a cool gold broad sword. They look just different enough that I put the only one I still have, the Roman Soldier looking dude (with the spear I assume you are talking about)with my LJN Dungeons &Dragons toy line in a different display cabinet. It looks closer to them than MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    Just like his cartoon counterpart the vintage Stratos figure does not have weapons. Oddly, the vintage Stinkor had no weapon other than his shield as opposed to his Classics counterpart who comes with a blue blaster pistol and the usual shield.
    I ordered a custom blue Webstor/Castle Grayskull weapons rack/Man E Faces rifle that was cheap for Stinkor we will see how it looks with his shield, otherwise Webstor gets two guns I guess. Holy moly the original authentic European only blue rifles might be the most expensive MOTU weapon based on some ridiculous pricing I saw online.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deltadod View Post
    Didn't stinkor come with a blue shield?

also I gave my stratos a stick from fruity pebbles (The stratos I bought was from a yard sale had it)
    Now I want to see what Fruity Pebbles stick you are talking about. funny how kids find stuff as replacement weapons I used Cocktail olive swords for G.I.Joes
    Last edited by ravenloft; January 18, 2021 at 02:41pm.

it's a blue version of the yellow stick(there's a blue one in one of the packages)

i use cocktail swords too and toothhpicks for my star wars guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Heroic Warrior
    my custom red power axe came and looks pretty sweet. Stratos with bluegray googles, blue wings and the blue power axe from the weapons pack

Stratos with blue googles and red wings with a custom red power axe.
    IMG_40601.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

the custom blue Webstor gun that I got for Stinkor doesn't match his shield color and is inferior quality (from a different vendor). Oh well.
    Last edited by ravenloft; January 31, 2021 at 02:01am.

It never bugged me too much . Weapons pack and Castle Grayskull weapons rack , HeMans spare axe and Skeletors spare sword etc. , gave any weaponless hobo of the universe plenty of choice .