Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Origins landshark with classics figures

Widget
    I got the Landshark and I removed the Feet/Boots/Shin of a cheaper Skeletor Classics Figure I had -- the two pack Terror Claws Skeletor that came with Flying Fist He-Man.

Removing this part, I was able to get the figure to sit in the Landshark, and grip the handles. Looks a little weird since he has to sit really far forward to grip the handles and there's a big gap between his back and the Landshark seat, but it doesn't bother me.

Another small issue is the nubs of his legs are still just barely enough to clear, and jam the mouth a bit sometimes. Which isn't a bad thing, necessarily because it means I can pose the Landshark with the mouth open, and it's held open by the nubs of Skeletor's knees.

From any reasonable position you might view this setup, you can't really tell he's missing he's feet. But even still, I'd just pretend he was amputee Skeletor, going to battle in his attack wheelchair.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not sure how I feel about the classics in it from the pics. I wanted to do this, but I feel it will lack.size.and detail.that we expect and are used to in classics.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about the classics in it from the pics. I wanted to do this, but I feel it will lack.size.and detail.that we expect and are used to in classics.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    The detail on this is not bad and doesn't seem totally out of the place with Classics. It's mainly the size issue that makes it unfitting.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    DSC_0214.jpg
    DSC_0213.jpg
    DSC_0212.jpg

Tri-klops likes his new ride! Didn't have to remove his boots either
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Thatís awesome is the club gray skull version smaller or something, wonder why he has no problems

Maybe I missed it, but does the Landshark open and close its mouth when you push it?

EDIT: Never mind, I just remembered that the vintage version only opened and closed its mouth when you pushed a button. Does this one do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but does the Landshark open and close its mouth when you push it?

EDIT: Never mind, I just remembered that the vintage version only opened and closed its mouth when you pushed a button. Does this one do that?
    This one opens and shuts its mouth as you roll it forward. Pretty sure the vintage one functioned the same way.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

On the vintage Land Shark you had to press down at the engine area while pushing it forward to get the jaws to open and close.

On the Origins one it appears that the jaws open and close just by pushing it forward.
    Leech sucks..!

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    WOW! Wonderful, very pro, I'm happy this is an option for Classics!
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Heroic Warrior
    The fascination of Skeletor fitting in the Origins Landshark escapes me... he looks like he is drivig around in a shark-themed Gokart

Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    The fascination of Skeletor fitting in the Origins Landshark escapes me... he looks like he is drivig around in a shark-themed Gokart
    I think what it is is that many of us aren't using a past illustration or something else one pictures in their mind as the standard to compare it to.

Honestly, the vintage Land Shark is reasonably smaller than the Origins one and yet I sincerely feel that my Classics figures are swimming in THAT smaller one.

The cool thing about the Origins Land Shark is that it is scaled bigger than the vintage one AND it has a nice modern approach to it's production... not as advanced as Classics... but nicer than the vintage one by a good bit.

I'd feel the size criticisms if the figures weren't able to sit down in one at all (after modding the cockpit bottom). But the fact that your MOTUC figure can sit down in a go-kart scale vehicle is all it needs to be to be valid for me personally.
    This is a link to a YT channel "Dez360" --- a toy-related show I help with... and here's a link to a He-Man parody video Living In Eternia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPmYGVhilGw&t=68s
    GOOD JOURNEY, ORGERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    I think that's very "on brand" for MOTU. Many of their vehicles seems for put form ahead of function, by a lot.

MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 5/8/2021

Heroic Warrior
    Got mine from Amazon last week. Opened it up and man I love this thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

F942967A-A986-4033-AAA0-5A421EAF9F63.jpg
    D1EFF202-E225-49C0-AB5E-07CA1BD33190.jpg
    Just took a pic with sms and the vintage attack trak, she fits in perfect inside.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by facet; April 30, 2021 at 01:16am.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    F942967A-A986-4033-AAA0-5A421EAF9F63.jpg
    D1EFF202-E225-49C0-AB5E-07CA1BD33190.jpg
    Just took a pic with sms and the vintage attack trak, she fits in perfect inside.
    Dang straight! My SMS has been sitting in a vintage Attak Trak for years and she LOOKS AWESOME!

Would I like a Classics-scaled Attak Trak? Sure.

Do I need one? Not really.

Battle Ram.... Wind Raider... Roton... those two mechanical horses...

At some point it's diminishing returns especially when the scale of the vintage toys as substitutes ain't that bad.

Add Origins to the mix? We really have an embarrassment of riches as far as MOTU vehicles for our Classics figures (IMHO)... the suspense to see what they put out next is great!

wonka2.jpg
    Last edited by Webstor's Ghost; April 30, 2021 at 03:29am.
    This is a link to a YT channel "Dez360" --- a toy-related show I help with... and here's a link to a He-Man parody video Living In Eternia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPmYGVhilGw&t=68s
    GOOD JOURNEY, ORGERS!

Nice yeah there was a thread I have it in the index which puts classics figures in vintage vehicles and in most case they look like the belong, road ripper a bit to small, same with the horses but there a pic With Hordak on Mantisaur he looks great, when I pull all my vintage stuff back out got to fill in the void of what was missing.

What I would like to see is some films ruin stuff, filmatiin attack track, basher, collector, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post
    Dang straight! My SMS has been sitting in a vintage Attak Trak for years and she LOOKS AWESOME!

Would I like a Classics-scaled Attak Trak? Sure.

Do I need one? Not really.

Battle Ram.... Wind Raider... Roton... those two mechanical horses...

At some point it's diminishing returns especially when the scale of the vintage toys as substitutes ain't that bad.

Add Origins to the mix? We really have an embarrassment of riches as far as MOTU vehicles for our Classics figures (IMHO)... the suspense to see what they put out next is great!

wonka2.jpg
    Last edited by facet; April 30, 2021 at 02:08pm.