Thread: which figure do you think goes best with which vehicle?

Heroic Warrior

which figure do you think goes best with which vehicle?

several figures during the toy line run came packaged with a vehicle or mount, it would be hard to imagine anyone but Skeletor riding Panthor, Hordak on Mantisaur or The Fisto/Stridor or Jitsu/Night Stalker combos, but many didn't include a designated figure. What are your favorite vehicle or mount & figure combos? to play with or display?
    Here are my favorites or ideas I'm working on:
    Attak Trak with Zodac?
    Hordak on Mantisaur
    Talon Fighter with ?
    Fright fighter with ?
    Laser Bolt with Zodac?
    Blasterhawk with?
    Ram Man with Bashasaurus
    Road Ripper with?
    Mekaneck with Jet Sled
    Whiplash with Dragon Walker
    Trapjaw in Land Shark
    Fisto on Stridor
    Jitsu on Night Stalker
    Webstor in Spydor
    Man-At-Arms in Wind Raider
    Battle Armor He-Man on Battle Ram
    Battle Armor Skeletor in Roton
    Scareglow on Purple unflocked South American variant Panthor
    Faker on Big Jim/Tarzan black Panther with Panthor green saddle
    Skeletor on Panthor
    He-Man on Battlecat obviously
    Savage He-Man (red-brown weapons) on the Big Jim Tiger with Battlecat red-brown armor no helmet
    Battle bpnes with everyone?
    Last edited by ravenloft; January 24, 2021 at 02:14pm.

Some favs:

Battle Ram with Man-At-Arms or He-Man
    Wind Raider with Stratos or Mer-Man or He-Man
    Attak Trak with Man-E-Faces or He-Man
    Talon Fighter with Zodac or He-Man/Teela
    Dragon Walker with Battle Armor He-Man
    Road Ripper with Battle Armor He-Man
    Roton with Skeletor or Battle Armor Skeletor
    Land Shark with Kobra Khan or Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    Bashasaurus with Thunder Punch He-Man

My personal combos for vehicles and playset displays:

Wind Raider/ Man at Arms

Clamp Champ/ Jetsled

Zodac/ Grayskull Throne (It was always a vehicle for Zodac in my house; it was never used to trigger a trapdoor.)

Battle Armor Skeletor or original Skeletor / Spydor, Roton, Landshark

Prince Adam / Battle Ram

Leo Skeletor/ Scubattack

Man at Arms/ Cliff Climber

Prince Adam/ Tower Tools

Fisto & Jitsu /Nightstalker & Stridor (I reverse the order. Jitsu is a thief and stole Stridor when Night Stalker malfunctioned in battle. Fisto is compassionate, and so along with Duncan, he was able to restore and reprogram the abandoned Night Stalker.)

Stinkor/ Tyrantisaurus

Sy-klone/ Laser cannon on Eternia tower

Beastman/ Prisoner on Eternia Monorail Convict Transporter

Sorceress/ Grayskull Eastern Tower

Man-E-Faces & Teela/ Talon Fighter

Blackface Grizzlor/ Peering through window in Point Dread, undetected by Teela and Man E Faces overhead

Savage He-Man/ riding Tarzan's black panther (Battle Cat predecessor)

Mosquitor/ carried into battle by Gre-Gory, the vampire bat

Loo-kee / Peering through branches of Fright Zone's haunted tree

Mer-Man and Stinkor / stuck in Monstroid's claws. (Monstroid thinks they're brothers, and that angers him for some reason)

Mek-a-Nek/ Dragon Walker

Sy-Klone/ Blaster Hawk

Stratos/ Prisoner in Fright Zone cage

I change them around ever so often, but that's basically my setup. I used to have Beastman as Slime Pit victim, but I made a Horde Zombie He-Man custom to replace him.

Some of my choices are arbitrary, mainly due to having extras of those figures as a kid and nowhere to put them. Others are remnants of ancient play session storylines I constructed as a kid. Others were based on box art or Filmation tropes.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane-Man View Post
    I am happy to stick whoever in whatever for play purposes (that's what he said). However, for display purposes, I am a stickler for original packaging and/or original commercials. I could have saved myself time and left it at that, but here it goes:

Artilleray: Hordak
    Attak Trak: He-Man or Man-at-Arms
    Bashasaurus: Battle Armor He-Man
    Battle Bones: Anyone
    Battle Cat: He-Man
    Battle Ram: He-Man or Man-at-Arms
    Beam-Blaster: He-Man
    Blaster Hawk: Battle Armor He-Man
    Cliff Climber: Man-at-Arms
    Dragon Walker: Battle Armor He-Man
    Fright Fighter: Skeletor
    Jet Sled: He-Man
    Land Shark: Battle Armor Skeletor or Skeletor
    Laser Bolt: Battle Armor He-Man
    Mantisaur: Hordak
    Megalaser: Man-at-Arms
    Night Stalker: Jitsu
    Panthor: Skeletor
    Road Ripper: Battle Armor He-Man, He-Man or Man-at-Arms
    Roton: Battle Armor Skeletor or Skeletor
    Scubattack: Skeletor
    Spydor: Battle Armor Skeletor or Skeletor
    Stilt Stalker: He-Man or Mekaneck
    Stridor: Fisto
    Tower Tools: He-Man
    Wind Raider: He-Man or Man-at-Arms
    Man, Battle Armor He-Man was depicted in a ton of box art and commercials wasn't he? He almost owns more vehicles than Jay Leno it seems.
    Do you move him around a bunch or do you have lots of Battle Armor He-Mans for each vehicle?

I usually pick figures for vehicles based on best color matches (man at Arms in Wind Raider) or similar theme (trap jaw/Land Shark or Webstor/Spydor)

I am very reluctant to break up displaying the first original 8 figures (best of the best of the toy line) on foot to put them in vehicles, although I did use Panthor and Battlecat as mounts for the big 2. Tempted to get a few duplicates to drive vehicles. Thank goodness for Battle Armor Skeletor and Battle Armor He-Man, it does help a little.

Considering just how many variants of G.I. Joe characters were released over the years I think Storm Shadow or Snake Eyes had at least half a dozen, I'm surprised other characters rather than Skeletor or He-Man such as Beastman or Man At Arms didn't get other outfits or weapons rereleased figures, just look at all the Batman figures with different outfits or gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Some favs:

Battle Ram with Man-At-Arms or He-Man
    Wind Raider with Stratos or Mer-Man or He-Man
    Attak Trak with Man-E-Faces or He-Man
    Talon Fighter with Zodac or He-Man/Teela
    Dragon Walker with Battle Armor He-Man
    Road Ripper with Battle Armor He-Man
    Roton with Skeletor or Battle Armor Skeletor
    Land Shark with Kobra Khan or Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    Bashasaurus with Thunder Punch He-Man
    I know that the Sky Sled portion of Battle Ram was depicted as a neutral vehicle used by good and evil troops in the cartoon, but was the Wind Raider ever shown with bad guys in it on box art or in the cartoon? I think your wind raider/Merman combo is intriguing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post

Zodac/ Grayskull Throne (It was always a vehicle for Zodac in my house; it was never used to trigger a trapdoor.)

Sorceress/ Grayskull Eastern Tower

Savage He-Man/ riding Tarzan's black panther (Battle Cat predecessor)

Some of my choices are arbitrary, mainly due to having extras of those figures as a kid and nowhere to put them. Others are remnants of ancient play session storylines I constructed as a kid. Others were based on box art or Filmation tropes.
    yup, yup, and I wish I had that option, I have a Big Jim Tiger but no Tarzan Panther (yet)
    IMG_40621.jpg
    I still need a Battlecat saddle to match his weapons color, did you use a green Panthor saddle on the Tarzan Panther or is he bareback?
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post

Beastman/ Prisoner on Eternia Monorail Convict Transporter

Blackface Grizzlor/ Peering through window in Point Dread, undetected by Teela and Man E Faces overhead

Stratos/ Prisoner in Fright Zone cage

I change them around ever so often, but that's basically my setup. I used to have Beastman as Slime Pit victim, but I made a Horde Zombie He-Man custom to replace him.

With the Grayskull dungeon sticker looking crowded anyway, that only leaves the prisoner chains on Snake Mountain...Who do you consider for the shackles there?
    You have more toys than I have, no fair. I wish I had enough to use for the prisoner scenes you mentioned above.
    Last edited by ravenloft; January 28, 2021 at 02:25pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenloft View Post

yup, yup, and I wish I had that option, I have a Big Jim Tiger but no Tarzan Panther (yet)
    IMG_40621.jpg
    I still need a Battlecat saddle to match his weapons color, did you use a green Panthor saddle on the Tarzan Panther or is he bareback?
    He's bareback. I had him in a Panthor saddle at one time but it just didn't "feel" right for whatever reason, so I threw him on with no saddle. I use a tiny bit of Poster Tack on Savage HM's 'personal' area to keep him from sliding loose.

With the Grayskull dungeon sticker looking crowded anyway, that only leaves the prisoner chains on Snake Mountain...Who do you consider for the shackles there?
    You have more toys than I have, no fair. I wish I had enough to use for the prisoner scenes you mentioned above.
    I've got an Anti-Eternia He-Man custom I made from a spare Prince Adam shackled up on Snake Mountain. Skeletor doesn't realize that Anti He-Man could break loose at any second; he's just waiting for the real He-Man to show up, so the real fun could begin...

One I forgot was the prisoner cell in Eternia's Grayskull Tower. There's a generic 5.75" scale skeleton figure in there. I picked him up at a Dutch thrift store about 30 years ago and he's been residing there ever since. He got locked up during He-Ro and Eldor's time and forgotten about in the eons since. Skeletor is trying to figure out how to reanimate him so he can direct the angry ghost to attack He-Man.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Great topic.

There are some VERY obvious pairings:
    Fisto on Stridor
    Jitsu on Night Stalker
    He-Man on Battle Cat
    Skeletor on Panthor
    Hordak on Mantisaur

Those cannot be argued, really.

But I like Zodac with the Talon Fighter since he was the one who introduced it to He-Man in the book. And I like Man-at-arms on the Wind Raider since the colors match and he piloted the WR in that one mini-comic.

As a kid, I had Mekanek driving Road Ripper, but it didn't make much sense.

I wish Mattel did make that unicorn for Teela. But I guess they eventually did one for She-Ra, but still. Teela should have her own unicorn charger.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Great topic.

There are some VERY obvious pairings:
    Fisto on Stridor
    Jitsu on Night Stalker
    He-Man on Battle Cat
    Skeletor on Panthor
    Hordak on Mantisaur

Those cannot be argued, really.

But I like Zodac with the Talon Fighter since he was the one who introduced it to He-Man in the book. And I like Man-at-arms on the Wind Raider since the colors match and he piloted the WR in that one mini-comic.

As a kid, I had Mekanek driving Road Ripper, but it didn't make much sense.

I wish Mattel did make that unicorn for Teela. But I guess they eventually did one for She-Ra, but still. Teela should have her own unicorn charger.
    if Teela gets her mini comic unicorn then Evil-lyn should get an evil steed, dark pegasus? A dire wolf?

I gave Mekanek the Jet Sled armor, looks good color and tech wise, now still deciding whether on his back or him riding the sled. Either way spy in the sky for the good guys.

That darn road ripper! Man At Arms is better in the Windraider and Battle Armor He-Man on the Battleram so who gets the ripper? I dunno, I just don't know.

Battleram is my favorite vehicle hands down. Roton is my fave for the bad guys.

Widget
    Mantisaur pairs well with Mosquitor, they look like they could be siblings.
    Spydor with Webstor feels thematically appropriate

Let's not forget slime pit needs a victim . Teela , RamMan or Orko ?
    Last edited by Lokus; February 27, 2021 at 02:46am.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Let's not forget slime pit needs a victim . Teela , RamMan or Orko ?
    Be kinda neat to see what it would do with Orko.
    I am Imp's number one fan.