Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 101 to 117 of 117

Thread: Official Godzilla vs Kong movie thread 2021

  1. #101
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    432
    You're awesome, dude.

    Seriously, as much as I really, really liked the other movies, and WANTED to like this one... it's honestly the dumbest movie I think I've seen that didn't have "Transformers" anywhere in the title. And I'm really let down by that.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  2. #102
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    3,923
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Godzilla barely shows up in any Godzilla movie lol.

    There is quite a lot of pretty good political and social commentary in Shin Godzilla, particularly in regards to turning Godzilla into a metaphor for the Fukishima Disaster and the governments approach to it and it's bureaucracy.

    Plus it's made by the same dude who made Evangelion, you know the giant robot show that's 90% about the characters psychological issues and them making each other miserable, in whats essentially a big metaphor for the creators depression and a mental breakdown he had.

    My point is you know what to expect when you go into something made by Hideaki Anno
    Nope. Didn't have a clue about anything involving Hideaki Anno or Evangelion. Wanted to see some awesome Godzilla, but was extremely disappointed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Exactly. If you go into Shin Godzilla expecting, I dunno, the Hollywood version we've been getting since 1998, you'll probably be disappointed. If you go into Shin Godzilla expecting a realistic, quasi-documentary "how would Japan really react to a giant monster disaster" not unlike the original Gojira, you'd probably really enjoy it.
    Ohhh it's been going on a LOT longer than 1998. The very first Godzilla movie was built around the political drama and was basically a Horror movie. Not sure about Godzilla Raids again (don't think i ever saw that one...) but pretty much everything after the original 'King Kong vs Godzilla became more 'hollywood blockbuster/popcorn movie'. They pushed it towards kids and the 'horror' took a backseat to awesome giant monsters fighting. King Sized WWF fight club. Which the new one fits right in with.

    But yeah... the Genre/franchise changed a LOT since the original Gojira and trying to go back to that... did NOT work for me. They can try to work a plot in around the giant monster smashing... but out of the 30+ Godzilla movies that have been made, there are certain aspects that should be expected by the audience. There will be mindless beat-em-up violence... There will be 3/4 dealing with stupid people panicking... There won't be enough of the monsters on the screen... It's just the way it is. It's like going to see a Fast and Furious movie and getting mad because it's not a low budget show about street racing anymore... The franchise just... isn't THAT anymore...

    But yeah... having Godzilla just going to sleep in the middle of the city while tanks or whatever try to shoot him... ughhhh... Did not like.


    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    There's a big difference between the artistic drama of Shin Godzilla compared to the 90 minutes of clichéd action tropes in Godzilla vs Kong. It's almost unfortunate that the director chose Godzilla as a vehicle to explore the repercussions of the Fukishima disaster, because anyone expecting a typical "big monster smash crush" movie just wouldn't get it. I can take 90 minutes of reactionary human dialogue in such a film, because it's that type of movie.

    Godzilla vs Kong however, only has one statement to make: buy a ticket. American audiences, for whatever reason, require their action movies to be mindless. The pitch meeting, I imagine, went like this:
    Now that i'd agree with. If this had been some kind of Cloverfield knockoff or something original That would be a whole different animal. But attaching the name Godzilla to it wasn't great for me. Actually, Shin kind of reminded me of the original Cloverfield... and that movie ticked me off too..

    Actually, I'd agree with the next statement too... Godzilla vs. Kong's only statement was buy a ticket. Come see a huge blockbuster with two of the biggest monsters ever throwing down. It's really been the philosophy of all the new monsterverse movies and this was the 'main event'. We've seen nothing to suggest they would work in some great plot. They advertised Giant fight... everyone I saw it with left quite happy.

    But my point was you said you wanted to see 90 minutes of monsters being monstrous and 15 dealing with the people..... AND Shin Godzilla was the best... and those are just two vastly different things. Shin was the absolute opposite of Monsters being monsters for 3/4 of the movie. It's a viewpoint that confuses me
    Last edited by phantom1592; April 17, 2021 at 03:38am.

  3. #103
    Heroic Warrior Night Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

    But my point was you said you wanted to see 90 minutes of monsters being monstrous and 15 dealing with the people..... AND Shin Godzilla was the best... and those are just two vastly different things. Shin was the absolute opposite of Monsters being monsters for 3/4 of the movie. It's a viewpoint that confuses me

    Nah, I get it. I should have clarified my stance. If they go the action blockbuster route, give me 90 minutes of rock' em sock 'em Kaiju. If they go for a serious type of artsy-fartsy approach, make sure it's compelling enough to sit through.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

  4. #104
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,065
    I should point out that Godzilla movies being more about the fun spectacle, of Godzilla having a throw down with another monster, is most the movies, even if Godzilla has very little actual screen time in them.

    The only real acceptations are the original, Shin Godzilla and possibly GMK. Even the relatively darker 90's films and the 2000's films were more or less still about that.

    To that end I will say the Monsterverse is decent adaptation of what Godzilla became rather than of Godzilla's routes.

    And there isn't really anything wrong with that. Long running franchises always become something different to what they started out as.

    To use another Tokusatsu franchise (which is ironically also getting a movie made by Anno) as an example. Modern day Kamen Rider is very different stylistically and tonally, to early 2000's Kamen Rider, which is in turn very different to the 70's and 80's iterations.

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Nope. Didn't have a clue about anything involving Hideaki Anno or Evangelion. Wanted to see some awesome Godzilla, but was extremely disappointed.



    )
    The main selling point of Shin Godzilla (and yes a lot of the marketing did focus on this), was that it was a Godzilla movie from the creator of Evangelion.

  5. #105
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    The main selling point of Shin Godzilla (and yes a lot of the marketing did focus on this), was that it was a Godzilla movie from the creator of Evangelion.
    Ewwwwwwwwwww. I hated Evangelion. One of the worst anime series I have ever watched. So over hyped.

  6. #106
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I should point out that Godzilla movies being more about the fun spectacle, of Godzilla having a throw down with another monster, is most the movies, even if Godzilla has very little actual screen time in them.

    The only real acceptations are the original, Shin Godzilla and possibly GMK. Even the relatively darker 90's films and the 2000's films were more or less still about that.

    To that end I will say the Monsterverse is decent adaptation of what Godzilla became rather than of Godzilla's routes.
    See, I still feel like statements like this are both apologist and oversimplifying.

    Granted, I have not seen all or even most of the Japanese Godzilla movies. I'm aware through reputation that some of them are pretty atrocious.

    HOWEVER... I do know that Godzilla vs. Kong had one of the all-time worst scripts I've ever watched play out in live action, to the point where I actively felt dumber for having watched it. Again, I've seen worse movies, but they generally have "Transformers" somewhere in the header or Melissa McCarthy in the cast, so that everyone knows well in advance what kind of garbage they're signing up to watch. And this isn't just disappointing, it's not consistent with the earlier movies in this exact series. Again, I've only seen a few Japanese Godzilla movies - although NONE of them were as badly-written as THIS movie - so I don't want to dwell on those for very long. I'm going only by the expectations set forth by the previous three films in this franchise.

    - Godzilla may have been "boring" by some people's standards, and I'll allow for that even if I don't personally agree with it. I can accept that there wasn't enough "monster mash" for a lot of peoples' expectations. That's fair. Maybe it wasn't the movie everyone wanted, but it was in no way a "bad" movie. And it certainly wasn't dumb or badly-written. Some creative choices were questionable but it didn't insult the audience.

    - Kong: Skull Island may not have been Shakespeare, but it was in no way a "bad" movie. If anything, it felt like it had a Perfectly Acceptable Balance between monster mayhem and actual plot. Probably the objective "best" movie in the series. But certainly not "bad", and certainly not "dumb".

    - Godzilla: King of the Monsters took a hard left turn into the more "Japanese" elements of these types of films, including some wacky "sci-fi tech" that may as well be magic and a plot and cast that were pretty much "serviceable" at best, but while the plot and characters were not the "draw" and were definitely "lesser than" the monster fight stuff, it wasn't "bad". One could definitely argue it was already getting "dumb", but I don't fully agree, and even at its "dumbest" it was still miles ahead of GvK insofar as how it was written.

    And then there's Godzilla vs. Kong, which literally plays like they only wrote a "script" after they filmed all the monster stuff and realized "Oh, yeah, we need for there to be Other Stuff, too. Otherwise we have a 45-minute movie." The plot only occasionally makes sense. The characters are HORRIBLE and most of them literally have no reason to be there - Millie Bobby Brown, her fat friend and Conspiracy Nut Guy do absolutely nothing but take up space. The dialog is absolutely painful and offensive to the human ear. The "humor" is lowest-common denominator junk; I'm surprised that at no point did the monkey cut a fart, as it would have been perfectly par for the course with the level of "humor" in this film.

    Perhaps this one finally did "give the people what they want!" with regard to the Monster Fight stuff. Because those scenes DO excel for the most part.

    But Those Scenes are still less than half of the movie, and for as good as they are, the rest of the movie is one of the worst I've ever sat through. The "best" parts of this movie might be more satisfying than the "best" of the other movies in this series, but the worst is way, WAY worse than anything in the previous three, by a very wide margin.

    And I just can't let "fun spectacle" and "MOST Godzilla movies are stupid" be the excuse. Not when they did three movies in a row that maybe didn't have as much "spectacle" but at least PRETENDED to be "Real Movies".

    Now, is it the worst movie I've ever seen? No, I'm pretty sure that Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li will hold that "Title" until I'm dead and buried. But for as much "fun" as it is, it's objectively a pretty bad movie for anyone who isn't physically capable of "shutting their brain off". And if you HAVE to "shut your brain off" to enjoy a movie, then I'm sorry, it simply isn't a good movie.

    What really annoys me is that I enjoyed all three prior films, and couldn't wait for this one to come out. I really couldn't wait to see it. And then not even 30 minutes into it, I couldn't wait for it to be over. I just wanted the monkey to punch the dinosaur already so I could get on with doing absolutely ANYTHING else with my life.

    It's incredibly rare that any movie makes me so upset. But the simple fact is, movies shouldn't BE that bad in the first place.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  7. #107
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Ewwwwwwwwwww. I hated Evangelion. One of the worst anime series I have ever watched. So over hyped.
    I think some of the criticisms of it are valid (especially the fact that a lot of the time it's more caught up in the metaphor then actualy telling a cohesive story). But I would still say it's a good show overall. But Eva's greatest strength as a story is also it's greatest weakness.

    If nothing else Eva did give me one of my favourite stages in Super Robot Wars, so I have to be grateful for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    See, I still feel like statements like this are both apologist and oversimplifying.

    Granted, I have not seen all or even most of the Japanese Godzilla movies. I'm aware through reputation that some of them are pretty atrocious.

    .
    They really aren't outside of the later 70's movies.

    But calling a statement "apologist" is nothing more then a strawman to dismiss any defense people have of those movies. The fact is a lot of people do find those kinds of movies.

    No one is making excuses they are just explaining why they liked it. The fact is there are a lot of people in this thread (and in general) who didn't find it terrible. So rather than look at why they liked it, you instead dismiss them as "apologists".
    Last edited by A Dalek; April 17, 2021 at 07:31am.

  8. #108
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    432
    Well, I can't really argue with that assessment.

    The "problem" is, I try and remain objective above all else. And when I deviate from that for any reason, I at least explain why that is. But looking at things objectively is very important to me.

    And objectively, it's just a really bad movie. People can say why it wasn't terrible to THEM, "subjectively", but... again, "Objectively", it IS. So... yeah. That's kind of hard to just ignore. It IS a terribly-written movie and people's subjective opinions on whether or not they liked it do nothing to change that fact.

    Which doesn't mean people can't like it for whatever reasons. People can like whatever they want to. But I honestly can't help but question the lengths some would go to defend it. It's not worthy of defense.

    There's also a few people who try and say it's a "good" movie which... simply isn't true.

    If that's "mean" or "dismissive" to point out that 1. It's a poorly-made film, and 2. That people could maybe find things more worthy of either praise or defense, well... ya got me, I guess.

    I sincerely wanted this movie to be good and do well. But I'm upset that it's doing well not because it DESERVES to do well, but because "We've all been locked up so long that we're all bored enough to gush over anything." It's just a shame.

    People can like it. That's "allowed". It still isn't good, though. There are only good moments in an otherwise really bad movie. And given the fact that they tried much harder three previous times in a row, I don't think it would have killed them to try a little harder THIS time. But they didn't, because "They Didn't Have To." And when people SAY "They didn't have to, I only paid to see the monkey punch the dinosaur", that IS "apologist". And when a filmmaker says "I'm not going to try because The People tell me I don't HAVE to try," that insults me as a customer by assuming I'm willing to swallow garbage just because they serve it to me on a colorful plate.

    I don't like it when anyone willingly lowers the bar. The bar is already low enough. Not everything needs to be Shakespeare, but not everything needs to be CGI vomit with a plot written in crayon, either. There's a very comfortable "in-between" that this movie would need a ladder to even get close to.

    That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

    On a personal note, if we're going to discuss films I think it's important to know that 1. I, personally, physically cannot "shut my brain off" when I watch something, and 2. I've taken several writing classes. So yes, I'm kind of a "snob" about these things. I can't help that, nor will I apologize for it.

    Writing isn't actually difficult. So when it's bad - and furthermore, when people try and find excuses as to why it should be "allowed" to be bad - I can't help it, I get annoyed. Because it doesn't cost any more to actually try.

    In this case, they didn't try. Why not? "Because the audience for these movies are a bunch of idiots anyway, they'll sit through anything." That's what the people who made this movie think of you, in case you didn't know that. Maybe some people like being called stupid, but I don't.

    Again, it's nothing personal. People can be entertained by anything they choose. What kills me is the whole "It can be stupid if it wants to be stupid" thing, or worse, the "These movies SHOULD be stupid!" defense, and furthermore implying that people who wish it WEREN'T stupid are the "bad guys" in the scenario, rather than a bunch of people who spent $200 million to make a movie that could have been written by a four-year-old. THOSE guys are the "villains", not me.

    I'm glad you apparently liked it. If I'd paid money, I'd have felt like I wasted it. Que sera sera.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  9. #109
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    7,211
    New Godzilla Singular Point figures have started to surface:







    There is also an image of the actual Godzilla figure, but I didn't post it here in case anyone didn't want to be spoiled before he is revealed in the show.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Ewwwwwwwwwww. I hated Evangelion. One of the worst anime series I have ever watched. So over hyped.
    Evangelion was pretty polarizing among the anime community when it was released... the combination of political satire, human hubris, social commentary, blunt gore and giant mecha is an acquired taste.

    I enjoy it for its beautiful animation and innovations... but, I admit, it's hard to return to over and over.

    Although, I have friends who live-and-die by Evangelion.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

  10. #110
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    New Godzilla Singular Point figures have started to surface:

    https://www.kaijubattle.net/uploads/.../661702666.jpg

    https://www.kaijubattle.net/uploads/.../926898024.jpg

    https://www.kaijubattle.net/uploads/.../723110837.jpg

    There is also an image of the actual Godzilla figure, but I didn't post it here in case anyone didn't want to be spoiled before he is revealed in the show.





    Evangelion was pretty polarizing among the anime community when it was released... the combination of political satire, human hubris, social commentary, blunt gore and giant mecha is an acquired taste.

    I enjoy it for its beautiful animation and innovations... but, I admit, it's hard to return to over and over.

    Although, I have friends who live-and-die by Evangelion.
    In regards to Evangelion what do those friends think of the Rebuild movies?

    And speaking of Godzilla figures, the Gigan Monsterarts is getting an updated version released. https://tamashii.jp/item_character/godzilla/

  11. #111
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Evangelion was pretty polarizing among the anime community when it was released... the combination of political satire, human hubris, social commentary, blunt gore and giant mecha is an acquired taste.

    I enjoy it for its beautiful animation and innovations... but, I admit, it's hard to return to over and over.

    Although, I have friends who live-and-die by Evangelion.
    The Animation is beautiful, but like quite a few animes that really is all it has going for it.

    I recall buying a Revoltech figure of the main Eva which was kind of cool but I bought it before watching all of the show. it quickly got sold on eBay LOL.

    I know a lot of people like it but for me it's just one that seemed to gain some popularity in terms of its story and animation and mech designs are no where near as good as any of the various Gundam shows....or pretty much any other generic mech anime.

    Like you I als have friends who are big fans of it but then again these friends are the type of people who thought Kevin Smith movies were amazing, so....


    Thos Godzilla toys are pretty cool. I am somewhat still on the fence about buying a NECA Godzilla or waiting to see what Super 7 do or grabbing the big 2" Jakks toy. Although i am still interested in getting a vintage Shogun Warriors version of Godzilla.

  12. #112
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    The Animation is beautiful, but like quite a few animes that really is all it has going for it.

    I recall buying a Revoltech figure of the main Eva which was kind of cool but I bought it before watching all of the show. it quickly got sold on eBay LOL.

    I know a lot of people like it but for me it's just one that seemed to gain some popularity in terms of its story and animation and mech designs are no where near as good as any of the various Gundam shows....or pretty much any other generic mech anime.

    Like you I als have friends who are big fans of it but then again these friends are the type of people who thought Kevin Smith movies were amazing, so....


    Thos Godzilla toys are pretty cool. I am somewhat still on the fence about buying a NECA Godzilla or waiting to see what Super 7 do or grabbing the big 2" Jakks toy. Although i am still interested in getting a vintage Shogun Warriors version of Godzilla.
    When it comes to Eva I think it's very interesting that a lot of people who didn't like the original liked the Rebuild movies and vice versa.

    When it comes to mech anime by the same guy that might be more to your tastes there is Gunbuster.



    Or one can just play Super Robot War Alpha and have Macross/Robotech, Various Gundam shows, Gunbuster and Evangleion in the same game.

  13. #113
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    7,211
    What we really need is an anime based on Super Steel Warrior Kikaioh!

    Every Tokusatsu / Kaiju / Giant Mecha trope possible is included in Kikaioh... and the designs are incredible.







    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    In regards to Evangelion what do those friends think of the Rebuild movies?
    They mostly like it for what it is, but feel that it's a pale retread compared to the original series.

    I have never seen it myself, but I never felt compelled to...

    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    And speaking of Godzilla figures, the Gigan Monsterarts is getting an updated version released. https://tamashii.jp/item_character/godzilla/
    Sweet! This was one of the most expensive Monsterarts figures ever!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

  14. #114
    Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    The Dark Hemisphere
    Posts
    4,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Well, I can't really argue with that assessment.

    The "problem" is, I try and remain objective above all else. And when I deviate from that for any reason, I at least explain why that is. But looking at things objectively is very important to me.

    And objectively, it's just a really bad movie. People can say why it wasn't terrible to THEM, "subjectively", but... again, "Objectively", it IS. So... yeah. That's kind of hard to just ignore. It IS a terribly-written movie and people's subjective opinions on whether or not they liked it do nothing to change that fact.
    No. Objectively you are continuing to state your subjective opinion as fact.

    Objectively it's not a deep thought provoking dramatic Oscar worthy film. That does not make it a "dumb" movie.

    Of course you wouldn't see that to look at how movie genres are treated by society. There's a reason no sci-fi film has ever won best picture and it's not because they didn't deserve to. Some genres (mainly drama) are held in higher regard than others and obviously Kaiju films are way down on the respect level.

    I will say Godzilla vs Kong could have used more human character development, however a lot of that it actually did have in the full story but not the final cut. There was more background on Nathan's brother and the Hollow Earth search. Ren had a full backstory of why he hates Godzilla, mainly for taking his father away first attention wise then through his life sacrifice. Madison had a whole story arch where she was dealing with PTSD from the events in King of the Monsters and was haunted by nightmares of Ghiidorah (thus why she was extra horrified to discover Ghidorah being used to power Mechagodzilla)... but a lot of that got left on the cutting room floor. That's the editor's fault though not the writer's.

    I enjoyed the movie and actually hope for an extended DVD version that puts those cut parts back in.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

    please check out my fan fics at:

    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

  15. #115
    Bang Your Head
    MossMan710179's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    10,740
    Got around to watch Godzilla vs. Kong last night with the lady friend, and we both enjoyed it. I was talking over most of it because I doubt the actual story that is attached to the film was any better than than commentary I provided...

  16. #116
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    7,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Objectively it's not a deep thought provoking dramatic Oscar worthy film. That does not make it a "dumb" movie.
    Truer words were never typed!

    This is why I think movie critics are way over-payed... they essentially tell us why THEY enjoyed or did not enjoy a particular movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I enjoyed the movie and actually hope for an extended DVD version that puts those cut parts back in.
    Me too.

    And, rumors are starting about continuing the Legendary Monsterverse! I certainly think that there is a lot of gas left in this tank!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

  17. #117
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Truer words were never typed!

    This is why I think movie critics are way over-payed... they essentially tell us why THEY enjoyed or did not enjoy a particular movie.



    Me too.

    And, rumors are starting about continuing the Legendary Monsterverse! I certainly think that there is a lot of gas left in this tank!
    Yeah. Critics tell us why a movie is critically good but not always entertaining.

    There are plenty of movies that are great but critically panned.



    Iím all for more monster verse movies and with how well this one did I think itís guaranteed we will at least see Kong continue.
    cogito ergo doleo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •